The best goal you have seen scored against the Rams live

Jimbo Ram

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never remembered any opposition goal for more than a week

On that basis I thought the first Wolves goal was better than the second.  For all that Neves hit it well it could just as easily have screamed into row z. The first demanded a perfectly timed run from the striker, a perfectly hit pass over a long distance to a striker facing the wrong way, who then controlled it in an instant and finished past a keeper who was pretty close to him. He didn't try to belt the ball in, just passed it into the net. All that in the 6th minute before any of them had properly warmed up. The opportunity for error was far greater in any of those elements and that there was no error made it a better goal to me.

8 hours ago, jagerbob said:

Petrov for Villa in 2006 or whenever it was.

Scored from near the halfway line, all be it a crappy clearence by the rams GK Bywater or Carrol most probably.

Respect your opinion but I personally don’t rate goals like that. It’s just a long ball punted upfield most likely being caused by a goalkeeping error so for me it just doesn’t do it.

Im scratching my head and actually struggling to remeber goals scored aganist me that we’re amazing. Technically, Kieftenbelds goals was brilliant for Brum a few years ago, highly doubt it’s the best I’ve seen but I just can’t remember 

17 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Best goal scored by an opposition player.  In the late eighties Blackburn centre half Kealey scoring from outside the box at the Normo End. Great lob over the keeper, made even better that it was into his own net to put Derby two nil up.

And the thing is, we won that game 3-2, so Keeley's intervention was crucial. I was there that evening and remember the popside shouting 'shoot' every time he touched the ball after that.

22 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Yes, it was on MOTD and then I think was featured in the credits from then on. Goal of the Month I think, can't remember the chaps name...

His name was Edwards. Scored it past Roger Jones at the Normanton End.

We were battering them and they scored a worldie out of nowhere. Lost 1-0.

23 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Wrexham at home, early 80’s I would think....one of their team scores a volley from the edge of the pitch....i was a tiny boy stood in the Normanton end and I thought the ball was going to come straight out of the back of the net... the goal is famous over in Wales I read once and is churned out all the time when they talk about Wrexham. 

Here you go.

18 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Best goal scored by an opposition player.  In the late eighties Blackburn centre half Kealey scoring from outside the box at the Normo End. Great lob over the keeper, made even better that it was into his own net to put Derby two nil up.

I remember that goal but always thought it was nearer the halfway line when he hit it. I was sat in with my brother-in-law and his father in the Blackburn end. As a 14 yr old I was sat there very smug as we cruised to a 3-0 lead. I thought it was gonna be redemption for a thumping years earlier we got at their place when Simon Garner bagged 5 goals. Little did I know that the 2nd half would see us hanging on at the end for all 3pts and a 3-2 victory. Somethings never change. Why do we always seem to try and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. 

I remember the bbc match of the day goal of the season being scored at least once against us by Liverpool and if I remember correctly Ray Kennedy scored a tap in after some excellent team play and maybe Dalglish smacked one into the top corner one year 

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

Thanks..Ian Edwards....wouldn’t have guessed that in a million years. 

I think that was the first game I ever went to on my own.

by the way, 2 amazing kits on show that day..!

And Alan Biley wandering around in the background!

Archived