The best goal you have seen scored against the Rams live

Jimbo Ram

After witnessing first hand Neves's goal against us in the week, got me thinking about the other best goals I have seen us concede at a game live. The two for me that spring to mind is a goal in the big game of the day at the BBG against Reading, think we were both top 2 in the old 3rd division the season we went up under Arthur in the mid 80's. Winger called Gilks I think crashed one out of nowhere from 30 yards and it went in off the post and our keeper didn't move. The second one was Dale Gordon's last minute equaliser for Palace against us at Selhurst Park, in the era we had Cowans and Gary Charles, possibly early 90's. With the ref about to blow for full time he got the ball half way in his own half, ran with it 10 yards then hit a thunderbolt in to the top corner. Thoughts??

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wolves goal has got to be as good as any,Carson had no chance. One could say he should have been closed down quicker,but after every goal you can anaylise how it could be provented. Superb goal that would befit any game of football at the top level.we were well beaten by a far superior team and the score doesn't reflect their superiority in the game.

42 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

After witnessing first hand Neves's goal against us in the week, got me thinking about the other best goals I have seen us concede at a game live. The two for me that spring to mind is a goal in the big game of the day at the BBG against Reading, think we were both top 2 in the old 3rd division the season we went up under Arthur in the mid 80's. Winger called Gilks I think crashed one out of nowhere from 30 yards and it went in off the post and our keeper didn't move. The second one was Dale Gordon's last minute equaliser for Palace against us at Selhurst Park, in the era we had Cowans and Gary Charles, possibly early 90's. With the ref about to blow for full time he got the ball half way in his own half, ran with it 10 yards then hit a thunderbolt in to the top corner. Thoughts??

The game against Reading at the BBG was my first ever Rams match! (30th November 1985)

Ended 1-1 Bobby Davison getting a late equaliser after 80odd minutes from a Micklewhite cross.

Since I was only a young boy, its hard to say for sure what actually happened, and what are false memories as the years have gone by. But I do seem to remember Readings first half goal was from some distance, and I had memories of Wallington being full stretch to try keep it out but ultimately diving too late. Maybe it was unstoppable, maybe It did go in off the post, who knows. Would love to see some video footage of it. As for my first 2nd, 3rd, 4th matches i ever went to, i couldnt tell you a thing about them other than the score and who our opponents were. Such is the memory(ies) you keep from your first ever rams match.

Wrexham at home, early 80’s I would think....one of their team scores a volley from the edge of the pitch....i was a tiny boy stood in the Normanton end and I thought the ball was going to come straight out of the back of the net... the goal is famous over in Wales I read once and is churned out all the time when they talk about Wrexham. 

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I was sat in the Ossie upper tier and remember that Gilkes goal well. Reading were some team that year. Trevor Senior scored a ton for them. Bobby rescued us as always!

Best goals v Derby. Didn't Harkes score from the touchline from 40 yards for SW in the cup? Mind you, those were the days when Shilt's powers were waning and he'd occasionally get rooted to the spot. Bit like in WC 90 after Parker's defiected OG.

Liam Brady got a beauty for West Ham - postage stamp accuracy into the top corner / stanchion. Ossie end again.

I suppose Glyn Hodges scored a beauty.

And just for a bit of 'fun', that Zamora goal was quite a good finish in the circumstances......

52 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Wrexham at home, early 80’s I would think....one of their team scores a volley from the edge of the pitch....i was a tiny boy stood in the Normanton end and I thought the ball was going to come straight out of the back of the net... the goal is famous over in Wales I read once and is churned out all the time when they talk about Wrexham. 

Yes, it was on MOTD and then I think was featured in the credits from then on. Goal of the Month I think, can't remember the chaps name...

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Here is the Gordon goal

Bergkamps for the last goal at the BBG was pretty fitting. Cracking goal! Shame we didn't score it.

cant remember that many otherwise. One that sticks in the memory was Juan Pablo Angels goal for villa at PP think we lost 3-0 bit of a random one to remember but there you go

Best goal scored by an opposition player.  In the late eighties Blackburn centre half Kealey scoring from outside the box at the Normo End. Great lob over the keeper, made even better that it was into his own net to put Derby two nil up.

Archived