Derbyshire Cricket 2018

Jimbo Ram

27 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

I was at the T20 game at Chesterfield , great game by the way, and I was delighted we won.

However, what spoilt it for me and numerous others in the crown was the behaviour of some Derbyshire supporters. They subjected David Willey to a constant barrage of boorish behaviour, insinuendo's and shouting obscenities. Eventually David Willey had to draw the attention of the stewards to the outbursts.

At that point I and several other members of the crowd approached the drunkards to point out their disgraceful behaviour, but the stewards were a complete disgrace! Didn't really want to get involved, and were of no use whatsoever. All they want to do is confiscate cans of pop and move people from certain areas.

I will be raising my concerns with Derbyshire Cricket Club.

I have submitted my concerns to DCC lets see if they respond

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, sage said:

Oh don't get @eddie banned again.

Before you start, I should like to point out that I was not the streaker/fat slob whose trousers sort-of 'fell off'.

16 hours ago, eddie said:

Before you start, I should like to point out that I was not the streaker/fat slob whose trousers sort-of 'fell off'.

He was at the opposite side to us, we only saw the "tail" end of the incident as the steward chased him into the crowd, what happened?

1 hour ago, Hathersage Ram said:

He was at the opposite side to us, we only saw the "tail" end of the incident as the steward chased him into the crowd, what happened?

Likewise here. Just saw him slobbing between the seats and boundary edge before he wobbled across the path and oscillated up the hill in the general direction of the pie van. Biggest tits I've ever seen.

38 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Can always rely on Derbyshire to mess it up.

Had a grip on this, and let it slip.

Why did the previous four victories in the T20 (and 5 in succession all competitions) occur without any comment from you?

You're like those idiot wristslashers who only ever post when Derby County lose.

54 minutes ago, eddie said:

Why did the previous four victories in the T20 (and 5 in succession all competitions) occur without any comment from you?

You're like those idiot wristslashers who only ever post when Derby County lose.

Surprised at the stage of the game that Critchley was given that extra over, never mind, can't win them all.....

1 hour ago, eddie said:

Maybe because I didn't look in this thread then.

More interest in a game against our biggest local rivals.

Bored.

I dunno.

Was just a typical Derbyshire thing to do, to let them get as many as they did off their last four overs, and to then fall from 90 odd for 2 needing another 70ish from 10 overs was self-evidently not good enough. 

13 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

Maybe because I didn't look in this thread then.

More interest in a game against our biggest local rivals.

Bored.

I dunno.

Was just a typical Derbyshire thing to do, to let them get as many as they did off their last four overs, and to then fall from 90 odd for 2 needing another 70ish from 10 overs was self-evidently not good enough. 

Happens in t20 , eg. what Critchley did to Yorkshire when they really had the game as good as won with just an over left. Nature of the game.

@JoetheRam doesn't need to comment tonight either. ?

It was an absolutely superb bowling performance by Derbyshire, and only the brilliance of Ian Bell kept Warwickshire/Birmingham in with a sniff for as long as they did.

23 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Encouraging win tonight against Birmingham Bears. The last Bear's wicket fell at almost the same moment as Derby's winner. Double whamy.

I was looking at Flash Scores and occasionally reading snippets of the match thread (plenty of wrist-slashers on display tonight) at the end of each over. As soon as the final ball was bowled, the Memsahib asked my how Derby County had gone on. I said "It's 1-1 in the fourth minute of added time. Oh, wait - we've got a dot...." (Flash Scores always display a red dot before they update the scoreline).

Happy day. Now for Belgian beer.

19 minutes ago, eddie said:

I was looking at Flash Scores and occasionally reading snippets of the match thread (plenty of wrist-slashers on display tonight) at the end of each over. As soon as the final ball was bowled, the Memsahib asked my how Derby County had gone on. I said "It's 1-1 in the fourth minute of added time. Oh, wait - we've got a dot...." (Flash Scores always display a red dot before they update the scoreline).

Happy day. Now for Belgian beer.

A great night all round me thinks......

16 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Henry Nichols signed for the last 2 t20 games, replacing Wahab Riaz with a batsman.

He'll do, at least they've replaced Wahab as it's far better than doing nothing whilst we still have a chance.

I'd have been tempted to delay sign off as long as possible as if we lose the next 2 then the final 2 become meaningless.

We need at least 3 wins v 1 loss in the final 4 to stand a chance.

2 hours ago, Carnero said:

He'll do, at least they've replaced Wahab as it's far better than doing nothing whilst we still have a chance.

I'd have been tempted to delay sign off as long as possible as if we lose the next 2 then the final 2 become meaningless.

We need at least 3 wins v 1 loss in the final 4 to stand a chance.

Big ask, and would be some achievement after losing the first 4

Archived