Derbyshire Cricket 2018

Jimbo Ram

56 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Would Qadri qualify for England? I imagine he's been here for several years.

As for Chesney, I understand he's had 3 150+ innings so far this season month. He also used to pick up some useful wickets first time round. What more can he do?

He should have come in instead of Shariff and used what we spent on him to pay Chesney.....

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Won it with an over and a ball to spare. Interesting choice bringing Viljoen up the order, it worked a treat. If he scores runs they always come quickly.

On a roll...3 wins on the bounce..tough ask v Yorkshire today mind.....

1 minute ago, jimbo jones said:

Matthew Critchley, take a bow son. 19 needed off the last over, does it with a ball to spare ???

credit to Godleman as well who batter through the innings for 71, honestly didn’t think we could win that.

2, 6, 4, 6, 4, drop the mic.

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

2, 6, 4, 6, 4, drop the mic.

I was at a Music Festival and followed that last over ball by ball on BBC Sport on my phone, couldn't believe it. I had just about given up when there were 4 overs left and we needed around 14 an over.....

Absolutely brilliant win. We always looked to be just out of it, especially when Rashid and Rafiq bottled things up in the middle overs, conceding just 47 between them from their allocation. Tim Bresnan had bowled one over (the second, I think) before he stepped up to deliver the final six balls, and Godleman had biffed him for 17 off that, so the old saying about lightning not striking twice was uppermost in my mind  - step forward, Matt Critchley. He has absolutely owned the Chesterfield Festival this year.

Stunning victory - on a roll big-time now. Can we finally lay the Nothinghamshire hoodoo? It must be a decade since we beat the old enemy.

1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

On a roll? Like a bleeding steam train ?

Also, we're Derbyshire - we don't get 'on a roll'. That's Southern puff talk. We're on a cob.

I was at the T20 game at Chesterfield , great game by the way, and I was delighted we won.

However, what spoilt it for me and numerous others in the crown was the behaviour of some Derbyshire supporters. They subjected David Willey to a constant barrage of boorish behaviour, insinuendo's and shouting obscenities. Eventually David Willey had to draw the attention of the stewards to the outbursts.

At that point I and several other members of the crowd approached the drunkards to point out their disgraceful behaviour, but the stewards were a complete disgrace! Didn't really want to get involved, and were of no use whatsoever. All they want to do is confiscate cans of pop and move people from certain areas.

I will be raising my concerns with Derbyshire Cricket Club.

11 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

I was at the T20 game at Chesterfield , great game by the way, and I was delighted we won.

However, what spoilt it for me and numerous others in the crown was the behaviour of some Derbyshire supporters. They subjected David Willey to a constant barrage of boorish behaviour, insinuendo's and shouting obscenities. Eventually David Willey had to draw the attention of the stewards to the outbursts.

At that point I and several other members of the crowd approached the drunkards to point out their disgraceful behaviour, but the stewards were a complete disgrace! Didn't really want to get involved, and were of no use whatsoever. All they want to do is confiscate cans of pop and move people from certain areas.

I will be raising my concerns with Derbyshire Cricket Club.

This is why I loathe 20/20 cricket. It attracts the yobs.

Caveat: Before I get jumped on like a ton of bricks, I am not saying all attendees at 20/20 matches are yobs, but a sufficient number to spoil the enjoyment for others.

Archived