Derbyshire Cricket 2018

Jimbo Ram

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

If Slater goes we will need to sign an opening batsman, look terribly weak in the batting department...

Perhaps this will persuade Billy G to move back to an opening slot where his limpet-like tenacity might come in useful.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

If Slater goes we will need to sign an opening batsman, look terribly weak in the batting department...

I agree. It's all very worrying. Never mine. The pyjama cricket is arriving to beam some sunshine into our lives. ?

10 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Anuj Dal & Matt McMiernan have signed for the 20/20 and are In the squad for tomorrow. Both played a few games for the seconds on trial and impressed, seemingly Chesney Hughes didn’t.

77907E20-0608-447A-BDFE-282577FCC0FA.jpeg

10 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Anuj Dal & Matt McMiernan have signed for the 20/20 and are In the squad for tomorrow. Both played a few games for the seconds on trial and impressed, seemingly Chesney Hughes didn’t.

77907E20-0608-447A-BDFE-282577FCC0FA.jpeg

What are they, batsman, all rounders?? See no place for Billy....

Carnero is right, both seen as all rounders, I’d say they’d be picked as batsmen who can bowl a bit as well.

a bit surprised godlemans not in the squad, he actually did well last year using his power at the top of the innings for a change.

1 hour ago, CWC1983 said:

I was holding off until Notts next week, but while the weather is so good Im going to take a wander down tonight for a spot of T20. 

Here's for an entertaining evening and a beer or 2.   

Enjoy, I might go on Sunday....

3 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Enjoy, I might go on Sunday....

Well no real surprise. Shows perfectly that without a couple of big hitters at the top of the innings, just like Livingstone for them, we are not going to post big enough scores to defend. This obsession with signing bowlers when we are crying out for a couple of big hitting batsman is going to cost us big time....really poor decisions at the top....

40 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Well no real surprise. Shows perfectly that without a couple of big hitters at the top of the innings, just like Livingstone for them, we are not going to post big enough scores to defend. This obsession with signing bowlers when we are crying out for a couple of big hitting batsman is going to cost us big time....really poor decisions at the top....

I don't think it will cost Derbyshire anything at all. There are probably only 1 or 2 weaker sides in any of the competitions - and just bringing in a couple of batsmen nobody else wants on money the club can ill afford is going to make that much difference. Anyway, being poor in general makes the rare victories so much sweeter.

Lancashire made that run chase look very easy. 

Some hitting by Livingstone.

It was probobly the biggest crowd ive seen there and the various bars struggled to keep up as people doubled up because the queues were so long. 

Result aside, a good way to spend a Friday night, however im moving house in a couple of weeks and Grace Road will be my closest T20 ground.  

10 hours ago, eddie said:

I don't think it will cost Derbyshire anything at all. There are probably only 1 or 2 weaker sides in any of the competitions - and just bringing in a couple of batsmen nobody else wants on money the club can ill afford is going to make that much difference. Anyway, being poor in general makes the rare victories so much sweeter.

One of the overseas players could have been a batsman....

2 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

130 odd for 9 ?

Anuj Dal looked decent on his debut, but that’s a hopeless score.

Yes, I went today and just got back home to sunny Shropshire. Batting very poor other than the young lad who showed the others how to do it. I thought the bowling was a lot better but the result was never really in doubt....

Archived