Derbyshire Cricket 2018

Jimbo Ram

On 03/09/2018 at 14:41, jimbo jones said:

Yeah, unless there’s an idea of bringing them in permanently next season, which I have no idea whether that’s a realistic option for either Lace or Andersson, then I don’t see the point in the loans at all.

I doubt it with Lace especially. He looks to be an excellent compact opener. Suffered today though - got a nasty rap on the hand first ball, had treatment twice and was clearly in a lot of pain. He hit two boundaries in succession, had some painkillers and was out the next ball he faced.

It was a cold, cold day today, and I was delighted when play was abandoned half an hour before the end because of bad light.

No excuses about bad luck today - some really poor decisions made by Derbyshire batsmen. Harvey Hosein was the latest to play the 'charge 5 yards down the wicket to get stumped' game to prove that anything Matt Critchley can do one match, he can repeat in the next - grrr.

Pick of the Glamorgan bowlers was Derbyshire old boy Graham Wagg.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing statistic department...

There have been six sessions n the match so far - and a wicket has fallen in the last over of a session FIVE TIMES. The only time it didn't was the third session yesterday.

Rain!!!

Chris Cooke (54*) and Kieran Bull (6*) held Derbyshire up until lunch, then the rain started. Radar seems to indicate 4 hours or so, so I have nipped home to do a few hours of work. Whereas we thought it would be dry today and rainy tomorrow, things changed rather rapidly (there was no rain forecast at 8:00 this morning).

We were actually willing Glamorgan to hang on until lunch because I had a few Belgian beers to open then, but as it was, we just drank @sage's nice bottle of port instead.

Hopefully it will clear through before 5:00 pm, and we can finish them off this evening - but if not, then a couple of hours tomorrow morning should do it.

54 minutes ago, eddie said:

Rain!!!

Chris Cooke (54*) and Kieran Bull (6*) held Derbyshire up until lunch, then the rain started. Radar seems to indicate 4 hours or so, so I have nipped home to do a few hours of work. Whereas we thought it would be dry today and rainy tomorrow, things changed rather rapidly (there was no rain forecast at 8:00 this morning).

We were actually willing Glamorgan to hang on until lunch because I had a few Belgian beers to open then, but as it was, we just drank @sage's nice bottle of port instead.

Hopefully it will clear through before 5:00 pm, and we can finish them off this evening - but if not, then a couple of hours tomorrow morning should do it.

What sort of bowler is Andersson??

50 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

What sort of bowler is Andersson??

Medium-to medium-quick (slightly faster than Palladino and perhaps slightly slower than Rampaul), tall, lively with good control.

It's also his birthday today.

33 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Always nice to get a win.

if I remember right, 3 games left, Northants and Middlesex away and Gloucester at home.

2 wins from those 3 and try and finish in the top half of the table should be the aim.

3 wins should be the aim, of course, because there is very little between any of the sides outside the top 3 (and Derbyshire have already beaten Middlesex and Northants first-time around).

Whatever happens, Derbyshire have been for the most part competitive this season in all forms of cricket, and given the complete absence of any form of success over previous seasons, that has been a real positive. A couple of collapses have got in the way of what vould have been a pretty good season in the Championship.

26 minutes ago, eddie said:

3 wins should be the aim, of course, because there is very little between any of the sides outside the top 3 (and Derbyshire have already beaten Middlesex and Northants first-time around).

Whatever happens, Derbyshire have been for the most part competitive this season in all forms of cricket, and given the complete absence of any form of success over previous seasons, that has been a real positive. A couple of collapses have got in the way of what vould have been a pretty good season in the Championship.

Yeah, of course 3 should be the aim, I’d be happy with 2 though. 

Definite progress in being competitive. Question for next season, is can we find the missing pieces to put together a promotion bid?

Archived