Sign in to follow this  
Jimbo Ram

Derbyshire Cricket 2018

New season upon us. What are our prospects for the new season? I am quite optimistic. I think we are possibly a top order batsman light, particularly a big hitter up top for the 20/20 and with Santner's injury we need a good spinner, but other than that I think we could do well in all competitions. At least with the new bowling additions we should be able to bowl teams out twice for a change. I predict 3rd in the Championship and qualifications to the knock out stages in both One day competitions. Let's be positive.

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

New season upon us. What are our prospects for the new season? I am quite optimistic. I think we are possibly a top order batsman light, particularly a big hitter up top for the 20/20 and with Santner's injury we need a good spinner, but other than that I think we could do well in all competitions. At least with the new bowling additions we should be able to bowl teams out twice for a change. I predict 3rd in the Championship and qualifications to the knock out stages in both One day competitions. Let's be positive.

We have a decent team but the squad looks really light. I am hoping there will be another addition as well as a replacement for Santner.    

2 hours ago, sage said:

We have a decent team but the squad looks really light. I am hoping there will be another addition as well as a replacement for Santner.    

I think there will be..Barnett talking of two bowlers which surprises me...

Big blow losing Santner for the T20 and 2nd half of the Championship.

Olivier should prove a good addition and forms a strong seam attack with Viljoen, Rampaul & Davis.

Agree that the batting looks light but hopefully Ben Slater will step up and big things are expected from Matt Critchley with the bat this season.

56 minutes ago, eddie said:

Anyone else going next Friday?

Ah, the joys of part-time WFH consultancy.

I was planning to, but now have an important dental appointment, mid-afternoon, near Leicester, so it's a no-no.

Every season, I read of our new imports and I'm filled with optimism, which is usually soon deflated, like last week's party balloon. The exception being that season with Martin Guptill giving us those solid starts, which ultimately led to promotion. Heady days.

22 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

I was planning to, but now have an important dental appointment, mid-afternoon, near Leicester, so it's a no-no.

Every season, I read of our new imports and I'm filled with optimism, which is usually soon deflated, like last week's party balloon. The exception being that season with Martin Guptill giving us those solid starts, which ultimately led to promotion. Heady days.

We'll be there most days this season - weather permitting - so come and say hello. I might even have a Belgian beer spare.

36 minutes ago, eddie said:

We'll be there most days this season - weather permitting - so come and say hello. I might even have a Belgian beer spare.

Yeah, it's the weather that's usually the problem for me. It's a 70 mile round trip to the County Ground or whatever they call it these days so you can't really nip in for an hour, so it has to be a settled day..

I usually like to sit in the old Don Amott stand - East Midlands Demolition Stand is it, still? Not managed to get for the better part of 2 years, though I use to have a season ticket.

I'll look out for you, with your blue carnation and foreign beer, and the Memsahib presumably.

27 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Yeah, it's the weather that's usually the problem for me. It's a 70 mile round trip to the County Ground or whatever they call it these days so you can't really nip in for an hour, so it has to be a settled day..

I usually like to sit in the old Don Amott stand - East Midlands Demolition Stand is it, still? Not managed to get for the better part of 2 years, though I use to have a season ticket.

I'll look out for you, with your blue carnation and foreign beer, and the Memsahib presumably.

Recognising us should not be a problem. Over 6 foot, fat *******, grey hair, white beard, straw hat. And then there's me,

Definitely a batsman light who can average min 40 in my eyes. Lot of pressure on Madsen and Godleman.

20/20 - I really hope they don't bring in two bowlers for this but go with a big hitting batsman at the top. Derbyshire always have had the problem scoring runs and one batsmen can affect up to 20 overs whilst one overseas bowling can only affect 4 overs in a game.

Worcs did well in snapping up Guptill for part of the season. Not much other talent left out there but lets see what there is...

Don’t sit on the sidelines, let your voice be heard!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.