Still 5th

sage

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, superzak said:

why is Bryson at Cardiff and not in our midfield. Why is Martin at reading and not upfront for us. How can Cameron Jerome be an upgrade. Only gary knows because its a mystery to me.

Whilst you're absolutely right imo to challenge Gary Rowetts signings,  I think we're guilty of pining for the bryson and Martin of 2014. 

What we loaned out were 2 players whose powers had waned considerably from their peak - sadly.

But what a peak it was :wub:

1 hour ago, superzak said:

why is Bryson at Cardiff and not in our midfield. Why is Martin at reading and not upfront for us. How can Cameron Jerome be an upgrade. Only gary knows because its a mystery to me.

Martin has how many league goals?  It's 2018 now! 

We are still 5th...and we still have a chance.

But as posted elsewhere the recent slide has really tempered feelings. If we had started slowly and built a young hungry team and were having a late burst to try and gatecrash the playoffs then fans would be happier.

Martin, Russell, Ince, Hughes, Butterfield, Bryson gone.

Forsyth, Keogh, Thorne, Shackell, Hanson all looking out of favour/form. 

Nugent, Hudds, Johnson , Jerome, Davies, Baird, Pearce, Ledley .. very much at the back end of their careers.

...where is the heart of the squad going forward?? Lawrence..(very hit n miss).? Vydra.(a target for other teams) .? Wisdom. (not even a regular at times). 

I'm not even a Rowett outer.....but I do feel uncomfortable at the lack of a nucleus of a team for the next few years and very little youth is getting a chance.

I wish I could look into the future and see the end.  Two losses and a win at Wembley, but the losses remain the lasting feeling I think.

5th is a great finish, it’s bang on target. It’s just the fall from automatic promotion that’s seemed to soured the whole feeling of “settling” for playoffs. I think for some it’s failure or feels like it.

But there’s no better way to get promotion than a win at Wembley.  

If you were given guaranteed promotion at Wembley or second, your head could say second if you wanted to be anal about it, but your heart will always say Wembley. 

I kinda wish we’d not gone second really.

PistoldPete2

A big problem is the number of teams in the chasing pack. One slip up and we could be out of the top six. Still look on the bright side, yes we are still fifth. 

A lot of the teams around us are still to play each other, it is unfortunate that we have three of the top four to play, one of the chasing pack (the one currently directly behind us), and three of the sides battling against the drop. It's a difficult call on how many points we'll gather from these; the Derby way is to lose today and beat Wolves, draw 4 and rely on a scraped victory against Barnsley to get into the play-offs with 75 points on goal difference. I have, however, predicted a 2-0 victory today, so that's torn it, and I'm one of the visionaries that did initially think Pearson was a good fit for us. I'll leave that with you.....

I watched the Wolves and Cardiff game and Mr Bryson does not seem to have lost anything from his capability of getting from one box to the next in fact he looked supurb in Cardiffs midfield. Today is definitely a got to win day with the teams weve got left to play. 

25 minutes ago, Olaf Penge said:

A lot of the teams around us are still to play each other, it is unfortunate that we have three of the top four to play, one of the chasing pack (the one currently directly behind us), and three of the sides battling against the drop. It's a difficult call on how many points we'll gather from these; the Derby way is to lose today and beat Wolves, draw 4 and rely on a scraped victory against Barnsley to get into the play-offs with 75 points on goal difference. I have, however, predicted a 2-0 victory today, so that's torn it, and I'm one of the visionaries that did initially think Pearson was a good fit for us. I'll leave that with you.....

Oh I think you'll find The Derby Way is to manoeuvre ourselves into position of just needing a draw in the last match against a team with nothing to play for and fold like a bad poker hand. ....:lol:

21 hours ago, sage said:

3 points clear of 7th with a game in hand. 

Amidst the doom and gloom (some of it unarguable) it is worth remembering.

We are starting to look seriously in danger of making the play offs :unsure:

Archived