Still 5th

sage

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Fine, but we paid for Jerome. I bet his wages match Chrissies too!

That said much as bringing Jerome to derby can be seen as a poor choice ,, then letting Martin go was the right one ?,, surely that logic follows ? One poor decision one good decision ?

12 minutes ago, archied said:

That said much as bringing Jerome to derby can be seen as a poor choice ,, then letting Martin go was the right one ?,, surely that logic follows ? One poor decision one good decision ?

So we essentially paid £2 million pounds to replace one player who gave us something different for an equally bad player who gives us something slightly less different. Sounds like a poor decision all round.

3 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

So we essentially paid £2 million pounds to replace one player who gave us something different for an equally bad player who gives us something slightly less different. Sounds like a poor decision all round.

“Equally bad”? Martin is far better a player than Jerome IMO

7 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

“Equally bad”? Martin is far better a player than Jerome IMO

I was basing it off the idea that because they've scored the same amount of goals this season they're equally as good in the eyes of some people.

That's not my opinion but it is some people's. Although I'm yet to find anyone who thinks Jerome is actually a better footballer than Martin (who knows, maybe one will turn up in this thread?)

11 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

Or just the player brought in to replace Martin a poor choice ? Actually it’s just a bit of a nudge to those who use recent scoring record to prove jerome crap but don’t use the same yardstick for Martin ,,, you have to point out these things ( even if you are not a Martin hater as I’m not ) 

18 minutes ago, deano180 said:

Thought this topic was about 5th place?

Including how we got there and how we might stay there or improve on it?

A timely reminder from sage and the result today only reinforces his point.

There's a fair few of you boys who need to have a look at themselves and ask why they were so ready to chuck everyone under the bus two games ago but now will no doubt be buzzing about the play off semi and a potential Wembley trip.

You fickle fickle feckers.

Said about 6 or seven weeks ago that I hate it when fans turn on their own when sitting comfortably in the top 6.

All the excitement of a promotion chasing  campaign missed.

Hopefully now you'll ALL just concentrate on creating the right kind of buzz for the two and hopefully three biggest games of your recent history!!

Good luck and for christ sakes try to enjoy it and get fully behind everyone who has got you here.

Whatever you think of GR he's done something not all of your past managers were capable of and fair play to him for that.

6 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

There's a fair few of you boys who need to have a look at themselves and ask why they were so ready to chuck everyone under the bus two games ago but now will no doubt be buzzing about the play off semi and a potential Wembley trip.

Said about 6 or seven weeks ago that I hate it when fans turn on their own when sitting comfortably in the top 6.

Hopefully now you'll ALL just concentrate on creating the right kind of buzz for the two and hopefully three biggest games of your recent history!!

Good luck and for christ sakes try to enjoy it and get fully behind everyone who has got you here.

Whatever you think of GR he's done something not all of your past managers were capable of and fair play to him for that.

I'm not counting any chickens yet mate.

PistoldPete2

I want to see that Lawrence goal again. Seemed to open up for him and I was screaming shoot!... and he did. i enjoyed that and Im sure he did too.

1 hour ago, PodgeyRam said:

Don't you just love it when people feel the need to exaggerate transfer fees to help prove their point...

50 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

What are you on about Ronnie my old chum?

beating bolton doesn't change owt. We'll enjoy a win and three goals, etc. But its a bit premature to get ourselves whipped into a frenzy over playoffs semis and wembley. 

We haven't had an easier game all season. Not sure what you think GR has achieved as yet?

8 minutes ago, RamNut said:

What are you on about Ronnie my old chum?

beating bolton doesn't change owt. We'll enjoy a win and three goals, etc. But its a bit premature to get ourselves whipped into a frenzy over playoffs semis and wembley. 

We haven't had an easier game all season. Not sure what you think GR has achieved as yet?

When was the last time you dropped out of the top 6 ramnut pal? 

Genuine question, I think it's a fair while back but of course not paid so much attention to the top half of the table, as you might guess :-)

After @reveldevil post I went and had a look and must say it's still a lot tighter than I thought.

I just can't see you not getting the points you need.

I hope I've not gone too early (again!)

Archived