Return of the loans, keep, sell or loan again

Day

Return of the Loans  

211 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

All sell ,what a bleeding mess :-

Bryson age and wages mean we might struggle ,fond memories though shame 

Martin  if GR's still here never going to get played ,lost a lot of value and again on an even newer big contract

Butterfield might have to pay someone to take him away ,hell I would even chip in ,waste of a shirt.

Blackman  sell but is he worth anything he may be the only one worth exploring and that says it all really.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bryson gets game time for a team 15 points ahead of us. Was a regular in their team before injury. Instead we have kept Bradley Johnson. Can’t believe how many want Bryson sold instantly, his transfer was a mistake people rarely pick up on.

Just now, RamsFan10 said:

Bryson gets game time for a team 15 points ahead of us. Was a regular in their team before injury. Instead we have kept Bradley Johnson. Can’t believe how many want Bryson sold instantly, his transfer was a mistake people rarely pick up on.

Ever since he signed the new contract, we’ve only seen flashes of what he did in 13/14...... the person we never really replaced was Hendrick

Just now, Mafiabob said:

Ever since he signed the new contract, we’ve only seen flashes of what he did in 13/14...... the person we never really replaced was Hendrick

Since 13/14 we’ve only seen flashes of our entire team playing well 

14 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Since 13/14 we’ve only seen flashes of our entire team playing well 

So you agree then?

7 hours ago, David said:

End of the season inching closer, players out on loan will be returning in the next couple of seasons, would you keep, sell, or send out on loan again?

I’ve not included the youngsters in this or Shackell and Bent as they are out of contract at the end of the season anyway.

1 hour ago, RamsFan10 said:

Good decision to get rid of him, average player. Definitely don’t want him back. 

Out of the 4 the only one that is worth a wage is Martin.

7 hours ago, David said:

End of the season inching closer, players out on loan will be returning in the next couple of seasons, would you keep, sell, or send out on loan again?

I’ve not included the youngsters in this or Shackell and Bent as they are out of contract at the end of the season anyway.

You never know. Shackell might have a 'Bent' Wasserman renewal clause.

It won't be a surprise for me to say keep bryson and Martin,we have missed both since they went...and they haven't been replaced at all effectively.

I actually quite liked Butterfield at first but it's gone so sour that the relationship is irredeemable.

Blackman,well to be honest,we saw so little of him I keep forgetting he is even our player.

25 minutes ago, derbydaz22 said:

I think I’m in the minority but If I had a choice I would keep Butterfield over Johnson any day. I grant you it’s not a great choice but at least one of them can pass to a team mate even if it is backwards or sideways. ???

We never played Butterfield in his proper position and we destroyed him.Give him the freedom and he can unlock defences.Can shoot and pass with both feet but there's to much water under the bridge so sell with a clause.

Bryson is past it and always injured, went missing at the best of times- SELL

Still think there’s technical ability in butterfield, but his comments after he left decided his future- SELL

Id bring Martin back as Jerome has failed to replace him properly, but still think he’s beyond his peak here so would look to replace him properly with someone younger- KEEP

Id get shot of Blackman, don’t think there’s anything special in him, half decent player who we bought in a purple patch, not good enough to chase promotion- SELL

Sell bryson 

sell Butterfield

sell Martin 

sell Anya 

Sell Johnson 

sell Forsyth

If we are lucky we might get get 10-12m for all of them. Shackell Bent and Bairds contracts end, I wouldn't renew any, even though I like Baird.

I would keep Blackman around, I genuinely think he's got talent and hasn't been given much of a chance here. 

Can see Blackman back at Reading next now his best mate Clements there .   Butterfield needs a free to whoever will take him . Martin could still do a job for team who want to cement there place in the division rather than get out of it .  Bryson I would keep but the bloke is always injured - must have missed a least half the season at Cardiff.   I think they have to buy him at the end of the season don't they ?

I would keep bryson and martin, but....the reality is.....cardiff are going up and if they want bryson then let him decide. Same goes for any player here who gets an offer to go the Prem including carson, keogh, vydra etc.  he might would choose to go but he and martin would be useful experienced pros to guide our up and coming sprogs on the pitch. 

martin i would keep because he is still the best centre forward we've got. Until we have someone better he stays. I can't see him going to Reading now that PC has got the job.

butters and blackman are wassermans, only signed because they are wassermans, and can both go for me. Unfortunately i doubt whether we would get much money for either player. Johnson, and shackell - same rules apply. i suspect they all have the 'Bent' renewal clause.

Anya and jerome can both go. We might have to try and do a few swap deals.

lawrence i would be prepared to listen to offers for, but if vydra goes then we might have to keep him and try to work out his best position.

baird - despite never having let us down - time to go.

forsyth, pearce, olsson, keogh, nugent and thorne - listen to offers for all of them, but Thorne and forsyth might have to go out on loan until jan to get fully fit and rediscover some form. The others should only go if we got a decent bid and a replacement.

Vydra should attract a decent fee and should get a move to the Prem. If not, carry on.

Mitchell to go out on loan for a season.

@RamNut you keep mentioning a 'Bent' renewal clause in reference to players. This clause only kicked in after a certain number of games were played in the final contracted season, so would not apply to the likes of Shackell this year, plus Bent & Baird (the other out of contract players) have already had these clauses exercised.

For contracts expiring 2019 (Davies, Huddlestone, Ledley, Johnson, Nugent, Jerome) if there is a clause then we should be aware enough to take this into account next season, if we don't want to automatically trigger an extension then we'd have to restrict appearances accordingly.

Archived