Return of the loans, keep, sell or loan again

Day

Return of the Loans  

211 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Carnero said:

@RamNut you keep mentioning a 'Bent' renewal clause in reference to players. This clause only kicked in after a certain number of games were played in the final contracted season, so would not apply to the likes of Shackell this year, plus Bent & Baird (the other out of contract players) have already had these clauses exercised.

For contracts expiring 2019 (Davies, Huddlestone, Ledley, Johnson, Nugent, Jerome) if there is a clause then we should be aware enough to take this into account next season, if we don't want to automatically trigger an extension then we'd have to restrict appearances accordingly.

You might be right. I'm not sure what triggered the renewal, but it certainly wasn't our choice. The legal action seems to imply that there are clauses which exist in the players favour. We'll have to wait and see exactly what happened.

43 minutes ago, RamNut said:

You might be right. I'm not sure what triggered the renewal, but it certainly wasn't our choice. The legal action seems to imply that there are clauses which exist in the players favour. We'll have to wait and see exactly what happened.

It was stated that they had hit a certain number of appearances last season which triggered the extension.

It was suggested that the controversial bit was a lack of management knowledge of said clauses, potentially due to a lack of disclosure by certain parties that may or may not currently be employed by  the club...

19 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

If there are any takers, sell all. I'd be interested to see if Rowett could make any use of Blackman, but given that he was one of the first (I think?) to go out on loan, I doubt it.

Bryson and Butterfield don't fit the system, and neither does Martin.

Not sure Butterfield actually might, except he close the door already with his comments...Remember at the end of the last season when he played as a DM against Wolves? Man of the match performance as the role suited him.

But yeah, sell all of them.

More a question of who would want any of our players?

bryson currently sat second in the league although injured a lot but still has scored winners this season for Cardiff from midfield and we currently have no one better

martin, we were a better side this season with him on the bench and we only lost once when he started ( wolves)

blackman - I can see him returning otherwise we will be seeing Jerome all the time

butterfield - bridges burned 

never mind loans - get rid of Anya 

16 hours ago, derbydaz22 said:

I think I’m in the minority but If I had a choice I would keep Butterfield over Johnson any day. I grant you it’s not a great choice but at least one of them can pass to a team mate even if it is backwards or sideways. ???

Same. I voted to keep players who look comfortable with the ball at their feet. 

Easier to get tippy tappy players to go more direct if necessary than athletes to suddenly become technically gifted when we need to break a team down. Butterfield only said Weds play a style more suited to him, who’s seriously debating that!? 

Non of these players have been a part of the team for some time. Bringing players back that have previously proven to be of no use to us,or havent performed to expectation is going to address any of our present issues. CM dispite his achievements should move on as GR appears to have no intention of using him and their is no guarantee that GR will be completing his own contract should performances and results not improve .

Ideally we sell.

I'm sick of all the what ifs with Bryson, time has passed, let him move on as he's not a player for the long term future.

I like Martin but I think it's time to move on again, still a decent player but let's get someone who compliments Vydra in.

Butterfeet can do one. Never done a great deal for us, and can't see him pulling up trees enough to warrant an extension so arse him out now. Fear it will have to be a loan though.

Blackman is either brought back as a first team player or let move on. I think he might be a decent option out wide compared to what we have, but as with all these would push the kids further back.

18 hours ago, derbydaz22 said:

I think I’m in the minority but If I had a choice I would keep Butterfield over Johnson any day. I grant you it’s not a great choice but at least one of them can pass to a team mate even if it is backwards or sideways. ???

I’d agree with that. Expect he will go out on loan again though, unless we agree to sell at the sort of price we should have brought him for, £1 million max. At that price, buying a player who knocks the ball about and when in form can chip in with goals is a decent buy.

a £4 million Will Hughes replacement he never was.

Archived