Derby Snow - Game called off

Day

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Exactly.......I've been walking from Inverurie since Wednesday and I'm a bit wet and I've seen more snow in my Wellington boot than there is in Alvaston but I know what you little englanders are like when it starts spitting snow, so your all probably going to hide behind your curtains all day, holding on to your radiators for dear life, so I've done a U turn and started walking home again so I can get home and help the locals do a bit of proper shovelling! Grittier Lorry's my Arsenal!

Does it add up to 500 miles? and does fetching your shovel make it 500 more? Asking for a proclamation.

40 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

Game called off just as I got on the train ?? kinell! Ah well, nice train ride through the Peak District 

Get off at Edale.  Have a bit of a ramble and then into one if the lovely pubs there and then head off home.  Sounds perfect to me. 

Cardiff to Derby is a 4hr drive so even the early fans would've not been setting off at 5AM on a Sunday. Anyway, I thought usual practice was to try to give the game every chance to go ahead, minimising the risk of a game being called off when it's playable?

Still, not to gutted, we could use the time to get some players fit.

Sith Happens

No way would they just let us call it off. Will be many involved in the decision. In reality despite injuries I think Derby would prefer game to go ahead as just creates fixture congestion. 

27 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Thing I don't understand is that the conditions for Fulham were much worse yet that game was never in doubt

Snow had already fallen on the Thursday/Friday and although colder, staff of club and council had full 24 hours to clear and grit. 

This snow fell overnight at the weekend with a minimum of council staff at work. It was still snowing here up to 1 hour ago so no time to remove and make safe roads, pedestrian areas etc.

15 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

Get off at Edale.  Have a bit of a ramble and then into one if the lovely pubs there and then head off home.  Sounds perfect to me. 

I would do but I’m stuck at new mills, train turning around now. Damn

49 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Not bothered by this decision but once again the fans are being taken for mugs. 

Would like to see something introduced where games should be called off by midnight on the day before the game. 

Everyone knew what weather was predicted, everyone knew where the Cardiff fans were travelling from and what time they were setting off.

Football league and police really need to get their acts together.

So would you be commenting last night if they decided to call it off, and it was nowhere near as bad as it should of been?

Damned if they do, damned if they don’t for me the police. It is what it is to coin a popular phrase. It’s disappointing I know. 

Archived