Derby Snow - Game called off

David

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2

Feel a bit sorry for the Cardiff fans setting off at 5am this morning. The snow is as predicted so why couldn't this decision be made earlier? Probably whoever made the decision wasn't up at 5am like the Cardiff fans were

Just now, Tamworthram said:

Why?

Because I don't personally think it's that bad. If fans can't get, or don't feel able to drive, then they shouldn't try. No one is forcing them to. Was a bit late in the day for Cardiff fans as well given the snow situation hasn't changed for at least 3 hours. Obviously, if you live far away or are snowed in then it's the right decision in your eyes, I'd probably feel the same.

Just now, PistoldPete2 said:

Feel a bit sorry for the Cardiff fans setting off at 5am this morning. The snow is as predicted so why couldn't this decision be made earlier? Probably whoever made the decision wasn't up at 5am like the Cardiff fans were

I agree, not nice for them 

PistoldPete2
5 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Cancelled? Are we not even gonna bother rescheduling?

Well it was a foregone conclusion on current form and with our injury problems. 

2 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Because I don't personally think it's that bad. If fans can't get, or don't feel able to drive, then they shouldn't try. No one is forcing them to. Was a bit late in the day for Cardiff fans as well given the snow situation hasn't changed for at least 3 hours. Obviously, if you live far away or are snowed in then it's the right decision in your eyes, I'd probably feel the same.

Not just the fans but matchday staff, players, can’t see many living down the road in Chad. 

9 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Called off due to our injury list, don’t feel too sorry :whistle::p

While I have some sympathy for Cardiff fans I think it is the right decision given the treacherous road conditions.  A38 near Birmingham was closed earlier due to accident on ice and temperatures are still below freezing. 

Not sure why fans were setting off from Cardiff at 5 or even 6 am though? It's closer than Ipswich so it's @admira with the longer journey.

I don't like that Derby 'fans' are suggesting that the game is off because of our injury problems - plenty of Cardiff fans doing that, without our own joining in. If that were true, then the Fulham match would have been postponed too.

1 minute ago, angieram said:

...don't like that Derby 'fans' are suggesting that the game is off because of our injury problems - plenty of Cardiff fans doing that, without our own joining in. If that were true, then the Fulham match would have been postponed too.

Boooo

Archived