Derby Snow - Game called off

Day

21 minutes ago, swansea ram said:

Would they call it off if it's ok around the ground, just because away fans couldn't get there.

Lots of home fans can't get there. Rowett would only get there in a 4x4 (which I'm sure he has)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I can't seem the game being called off.

It's only a light dusting.

Are you near the ground?

There's 5-6 inches in Belper. Lots of people won't be able to go.

Also we don't have our 3 first choice CM players. Ahem.

13 minutes ago, sage said:

Are you near the ground?

Would Huddlestones ban carry forward or not?

If it wasn't on sky it may be off . Of course it will be on . The fans only contribute in a season the revenues to pay 1 and a half times the wages of the most expensive championship player ( Mel Morris fans forum last week ) so unfortunately ladies and gentlemen our challenges to attend the game are secondary to the cash and relationship with sky ..  wellies and dangerous driving or a £7.99 day pass is the choice for many .

Just now, loweman2 said:

Alvaston right now (7.20 am) ten minutes from the ground, not to bad and semi busy road is fairly clear so imagine all road into pride park art mainly clear.

A8A80A8B-C217-4518-A8DC-D33E244AB4AD.jpeg

I can't help but think you are moving the goalposts.

Not everyone is within 3 miles

2 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

I'm within 3 miles of the ground as the crow flies, and there's a very thin layer, barely a covering. If these are the conditions at Pride Park it would almost be a scandal if it were called off.

32 minutes ago, sage said:

Are you near the ground?

I live at the Pentagon island, it's always slightly better here than most places in derby with how warm it is due to traffic.

9 minutes ago, Xlor said:

Not everyone is within 3 miles

Exactly.......I've been walking from Inverurie since Wednesday and I'm a bit wet and I've seen more snow in my Wellington boot than there is in Alvaston but I know what you little englanders are like when it starts spitting snow, so your all probably going to hide behind your curtains all day, holding on to your radiators for dear life, so I've done a U turn and started walking home again so I can get home and help the locals do a bit of proper shovelling! Grittier Lorry's my Arsenal!

Archived