Team For Sunday

SFox1993

1 hour ago, Mistaram said:

I would love to we something different too But playing without a left back would be suicidal. Cash is by far their best player give him freedom on the right he will destroy us 

Gary Rowett knows exactly how to neutralise exciting flair players like that...

...sign them.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, angieram said:

Has anyone pointed out that they were taking foul throw-ins all night and got away with it? We were screaming 'feet' at the ref and he just ignored us.

So ironic that our goal conceded with a foul throw-in - although more obvious a genuine mistake with a slippy ball whereas their guy was just cheating!

On tv it looked a very obvious foul throw, he decided the throw short and made a mess of it.  Re feet I'm not sure on the rule.  As a kid I was always told that my feet couldn't touch the line but someone maybe @AndyinLiverpool, told me I was wrong

12 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

I'd like to see .

Carson 

Anya.     Keogh.             Davies.       Ollson 

Huddlestone  Palmer

Lawrence.       Vydra.          Johnson 

Weimann 

Maybe a few reading this thinking what's this ******* loon on here , there's method in the madness.

Swap the full backs and go a little more attacking here F*rests full backs are awful and we could exploit this. 

Palmer for some creativity and legs in the middle . Let uncle Tom sit and try to dictate the play. 

Johnson on the left ????? ??. I actually prefer him on the left than in the middle and let's be serious he's going to play isn't he ? 

Weimann up top , stretch there back line and he's currently our best option at number 9 . Jerome's a cart horse and Nugent seems to have retired but just forgot to tell us . 

I like this, but sadly Gazza won't think outside the box. I just don't think Weimann is strong enough on his todd up there.

What I'd go with is but he wont:

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies Forsyth 

Huddlestone Hanson 

Weimann      Vydra    Lawrence/Johnson

Palmer 

Back four were actually decent on Tuesday, we are a lot better defensively with Fozzy and Dre in the side. Wisdom is the one who should be encouraged to go forward rather than Fozzy in my opinion. You have to laugh, but aside from Palmer, our Right back was the only other player keen to get the ball down to feet and play it on the deck... Playmaker from right back? Such football hipsters us Rams... 

Hanson in the middle > Johnson. Choked when I heard the Rowett interview the next day stating how well Johnson had done when he came on... He is one that needs to go in the summer. A lumbering builder steeling a living.

Weimann- completely changed my opinion on him. Works incredibly hard and is starting to prove a real threat. was decent on Tuesday and was very good against Leeds in another mehhh team performance. Keep going Andi lad!

Vydra has to play, criminal he didn't against QPR. When your in a slump and you don't play the leagues top scorer... "But Palmer was brilliant..." Yes he was, so play them together, make it work! 

Lawrence- scrapes in over Johnson. He doesn't deserve to start but we have no one else. Anya- nah, Johnson- just not a winger and fills a gap. There's a good player in there, just need it to come out now. Come on Tommy!

Palmer up top. Physically he can do it. He's quick, strong and clever. Have him and Vydra linking up and they can cause damage. As @RiddingsRam stated, Jerome isn't the answer. A strange strange signing. Nugent I am gutted for. Sure he's a great bloke, but he seems finished. Everything he does seems labored and fatigued. This was demonstrated against QPR when we had a rare breakaway with two on two, Nugent made it so obvious what he was going to do which was shift it right and shoot, but was such a slow movement it was so easy to dispossess. He doesn't hold the ball up well enough and isn't quick anymore. Bench player at best. When Winnall was ruled out I was so gutted and my sweet Prince Chrissy had already left... :( don't just don't... Strikers in the summer are a must. 

Anyhow, let's fire up for this one! The Gumps all of a sudden think they're back, so it won't be long before they're "Coming for us..." 

EWE RAMS! 

15 hours ago, David said:

I'm an admirer of the new fad that is 3-4-3, the one formation we have struggled when come up against, Forest play 4-2-3-1 themselves. 

Keep the same philosophy, focus on solid defending, keep Brereton and Dowell outnumbered and quiet, bounce on any mistakes quickly with numbers on the break.

Anya and Forysth would have to be prepared to put the miles in, Johnson would enjoy being further up the pitch and allow both Lawrence and Weimann drift inside more. 

Is Vydra cut out to be the main striker? Not entirely sure but right now he's the only player that knows where the net is.

Palmer, great player to bring off the bench an hour in, legs a little tired, not the twinkle toes defenders would appreciate coming on.

Carson

Wisdom    Keogh    Davies

Anya    Huddlestone    Johnson    Forsyth

Weimann                  Lawrence

Vydra

That's what I would do on Sunday, although I expect we will stay with 4-2-3-1 and Carson, Forsyth, Davies, Keogh, Wisdom, Johnson, Huddlestone, Lawrence, Vydra, Weimann, Jerome.

I would drop Lawrence for Palmer tho 

3 hours ago, Spanish said:

On tv it looked a very obvious foul throw, he decided the throw short and made a mess of it.  Re feet I'm not sure on the rule.  As a kid I was always told that my feet couldn't touch the line but someone maybe @AndyinLiverpool, told me I was wrong

Your feet can touch the line...your front foot must NOT totally pass the line. It's the back foot which must remain grounded, not necessarily totally flat but contact must be maintained...many do this by using the tip of the toe. It's a modern gripe of mine though with many contemporary throws being "illegal" but often missed by assistants and refs. In junior football it's rife...many "refs" allow abysmally illegal throws thanks to the penchant for "long throws". Ball must be released before the arms come "in front" of the head. Ball must not be thrown into the ground.

Gets my goat... a bit like the modern day cricket umpire no longer bothering to check if a delivery is a "no ball"...knowing if there's an appeal the TV replay/3rd umpire will check it. Just plain wrong. :mellow:

see http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-15---the-throw-in

10 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Your feet can touch the line...your front foot must NOT totally pass the line. It's the back foot which must remain grounded, not necessarily totally flat but contact must be maintained...many do this by using the tip of the toe. It's a modern gripe of mine though with many contemporary throws being "illegal" but often missed by assistants and refs. In junior football it's rife...many "refs" allow abysmally illegal throws thanks to the penchant for "long throws". Ball must be released before the arms come "in front" of the head. Ball must not be thrown into the ground.

Gets my goat... a bit like the modern day cricket umpire no longer bothering to check if a delivery is a "no ball"...knowing if there's an appeal the TV replay/3rd umpire will check it. Just plain wrong. :mellow:

see http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-15---the-throw-in

I agree but was told I was wrong

aid23564-v4-728px-Do-a-Throw-in-Soccer-S

Carson

Wisdom        Davies                  Keogh         Olsson

Palmer                 Huddlestone

Weimann                     Vydra                       Lawrence

Jerome

More mobility in the middle with Palmer, and seeing as they'll more than likely let us have it in wide areas, we need someone good in the air to at least compete for the crosses, hence Jerome...

6 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Carson

Wisdom-Keogh-Davies-Forsyth

Huddlestone (Baird if not fit)

Johnson     Palmer

Weimann                 Lawrence

Vydra    

Baird is suspended....

No Anya in my line up, in my eyes hes poor and has no end result. Forsyth will make way for Olsson as i like his work rate and when ive seen him play hes played well especially at Man U. Jerome gets the nod over Nugent as i like his pace and power and i think he would cause their defence more problems than Nugent. So......

Carson

Wisdom         Keogh        Davies        Olsson

Palmer                     Huddlestone

Weimann                 Vydra                 Lawrence

Jerome

For me, This team should offer some energy and excitement. Yes i know Palmer is an attacking minded midfielder, However, We saw him against QPR and Fulham dropping deeper to get the ball then turning and attacking the space. I think this would help Vydra more as he would be given more space and Palmer can play great through balls for the runs Vydra makes - Jerome would also get more support too. If we attack we have 5 attackers and Huddlestone sits to pick up the pieces and cover the back 4, And when we defend, we have 5 back and Palmer and the others can either sit on or press.

What you lot on here think.........

35 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Carson

Wisdom        Davies                  Keogh         Olsson

Palmer                 Huddlestone

Weimann                     Vydra                       Lawrence

Jerome

More mobility in the middle with Palmer, and seeing as they'll more than likely let us have it in wide areas, we need someone good in the air to at least compete for the crosses, hence Jerome...

Same as my for formation. Palmer has energy and will help Hudds out no end. He came deep against QPR and Fulham for the ball so i would play him in CM too. When we attack we have 5 going forward and 5 back. 

I am not sure we have got a lot of choice who we can select!

what do I expect    

Carson

wisdom Keogh Davies Forsyth    

Huddlestone Johnson 

wieman vydra or Palmer Lawrence    

Jerome 

i don’t expect Palmer and Vydra to both start but we may as well have Vydra up front as he can at least score goals in my opinion

How about a 3-5-2 formation? For me our problem is a lack of, or none at all, midfield control. That combined with a high tempo pressing game should be more than enough to overcome Forest.

I'm not one for sticking to rigid formations and feel Gary should mix it up more during games.

Archived