Just 'silly mistakes' is it Gary?

RoyMac5

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I gathered that. :D Just don't think you can know that, plus as we've seen Rowett has a habit of benching players for seemingly no reason.

I can know that. 

I know he wanted Premier League and didn’t want to wait another season. 

I also knew Russell wanted to go. 

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Better win percentage than Rowett hasn't he?

I don't pick the manager, nor do I sack him.

yeah, he hasn't been in charge as long as our gaz tho...

Saying to sack him and then what? Find a manager better? Who would be suitable. Don't say Mac.. as much as i like him too surely it cant be

1 minute ago, Mr Giggles said:

Saying to sack him and then what? Find a manager better? Who would be suitable. Don't say Mac.. as much as i like him too surely it cant be

No that would be very silly and Mel would have to go first for that to happen! :whistle:

Our choice of mangers has been very hit and miss to say the least, but when you look at other clubs theirs are too. I can't see the point in giving Rowett any more time or money, where's the evidence that we'll end up better off?

1 minute ago, Dordogne-Ram said:

Yes, 55/56 and 56/57 were a darned sight better.

221 goals in two league seasons for a start.....

Ok but I’m happy with watching us now in a very good Championship and looking forward to Forest Sunday. 

Its a hard one. When we were winning it was GOOD but not great, I never watched or listened to the game without thinking "we rode our luck there". I think 90% of fans could see that the tactics and set up were very bland - Like West Brom or Stoke. It was working and people overlooked the style, However, Again teams have learnt how to stop us - Hit Vydra, Press the back 4 and sitting midfielders and target the full backs. For me we have the poorest left back in the league in Forsyth, hes just not capable of taking us up. the January window was shocking to say the least, Mitrovic and Grabban are both banging in goals and our number 9's couldn't hit a barn door. Palmer is a good player but for me he wont be at his peak until hes playing with Vydra. Play Palmer and Huddlestone together in CM. The tactics need to change especially at home. How many teams set up the same way away and at home......None. Sunday is a must not lose, But i fear Gary will let us sit back and we will get beat late on. If we do lose i think he may get the chop, MAY......

If we look at previous seasons when weve axed managers they have been in this kind of rot and not escaped so why should Rowett. The fans are growing bored of the playing style and results. Were playing poor football and Rowett is running out of excuses.....

Last 6 Results.

(H) Norwich in 14th - Draw 1-1

(A) Sheff Wed in 17th - Loss 2-0

(H) Leeds in 13th - Draw 2-2

(A) Reading 18th - Draw 3-3

(H) Fulham 5th - Lost 1-2

(A) QPR 16th - Draw 1-1

4 points from a possible 18 and not beating 5 sides who are in the bottom half and are playing ****. No win either, Disappointing and a massive problem somewhere in the club? 

19 minutes ago, Mr Giggles said:

yeah, he hasn't been in charge as long as our gaz tho...

Paul Simpson. With Robbie van der Laan. :ph34r:

12 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Its a hard one. When we were winning it was GOOD but not great, I never watched or listened to the game without thinking "we rode our luck there". I think 90% of fans could see that the tactics and set up were very bland - Like West Brom or Stoke. It was working and people overlooked the style, However, Again teams have learnt how to stop us - Hit Vydra, Press the back 4 and sitting midfielders and target the full backs. For me we have the poorest left back in the league in Forsyth, hes just not capable of taking us up. the January window was shocking to say the least, Mitrovic and Grabban are both banging in goals and our number 9's couldn't hit a barn door. Palmer is a good player but for me he wont be at his peak until hes playing with Vydra. Play Palmer and Huddlestone together in CM. The tactics need to change especially at home. How many teams set up the same way away and at home......None. Sunday is a must not lose, But i fear Gary will let us sit back and we will get beat late on. If we do lose i think he may get the chop, MAY......

If we look at previous seasons when weve axed managers they have been in this kind of rot and not escaped so why should Rowett. The fans are growing bored of the playing style and results. Were playing poor football and Rowett is running out of excuses.....

Last 6 Results.

(H) Norwich in 14th - Draw 1-1

(A) Sheff Wed in 17th - Loss 2-0

(H) Leeds in 13th - Draw 2-2

(A) Reading 18th - Draw 3-3

(H) Fulham 5th - Lost 1-2

(A) QPR 16th - Draw 1-1

4 points from a possible 18 and not beating 5 sides who are in the bottom half and are playing ****. No win either, Disappointing and a massive problem somewhere in the club? 

Those are hard facts and they are "hard" to counter. "What are the contributory causes?" is the question to ask now because they are a "trend" and not a statistical blip. MM has a "strategic brain" and his list of factors will already be part of his "mental spreadsheet". Whichever way you look at it, Sunday away to Florist is a "golden" opportunity for GR to puff his chest out, and stop the rot. Cometh the hour, cometh the man...funny how the Florist fixture always comes around when the millwheel starts to revolve...

2 minutes ago, Gypsy Ram said:

We had a good, widely respectable team in Mac, Simmo and Steel. Didn't need to change.

The water is well and truely under that bridge and washed away now...I don't for one minute expect that MM will be calling GR for a meeting "without coffee" just now, but GR will be feeling the pressure and I hope he can come through it.  GR will need courage and a willingness to take an honest view...if he's the right man, we will see a reaction on Sunday. 

4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

For all you keen to keep Mr Rowett on, here's the sort of thing we have to look forward to.

"Derby boss Gary Rowett told BBC Radio Derby:

"We're making silly mistakes at the wrong time. I think our overall performance has to be better than that tonight, but we've played badly before and we've won the game.

"If you see the game out and you defend for the full 90 minutes, you win the game, you keep the clean sheet, we all go home happy and we're not really bothered how we played.

"The reality is because we've conceded a poor goal the fact that we haven't played very well becomes more important."

You wouldn't post this if we'd have won last night to be honest. 

39 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

The water is well and truely under that bridge and washed away now...I don't for one minute expect that MM will be calling GR for a meeting "without coffee" just now, but GR will be feeling the pressure and I hope he can come through it.  GR will need courage and a willingness to take an honest view...if he's the right man, we will see a reaction on Sunday. 

Hope he can.  I think the Forest game will be the turning point, which way I don't know.

Just an observation. Arsenal in the last couple of seasons seem to care more about stupid videos to put on YouTube and doing stuff for their sponsors. Derby should try cutting all the social media and marketing guff and focus all of their energy on the bloody football. We are the Arsenal of the Championship. 

7 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

For all you keen to keep Mr Rowett on, here's the sort of thing we have to look forward to.

"Derby boss Gary Rowett told BBC Radio Derby:

"We're making silly mistakes at the wrong time. I think our overall performance has to be better than that tonight, but we've played badly before and we've won the game.

"If you see the game out and you defend for the full 90 minutes, you win the game, you keep the clean sheet, we all go home happy and we're not really bothered how we played.

"The reality is because we've conceded a poor goal the fact that we haven't played very well becomes more important."

That sounds exactly like Mclaren this time last year 

Archived