Just 'silly mistakes' is it Gary?

RoyMac5

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

Weirdly, I think this is exactly the time when Mel might be questioning the manager. Attendances are over 2K down compared to the last 3 seasons, and if season tickets sales were to get off to a slow start too, then given how tight we seem to be with FFP, Mel might have no choice.

Surely if we're really right with FFP then sacking the manager and possibly paying compensation for another manager will just push us even closer/past FFP restrictions rather than helping with it?

45 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

Just an observation. Arsenal in the last couple of seasons seem to care more about stupid videos to put on YouTube and doing stuff for their sponsors. Derby should try cutting all the social media and marketing guff and focus all of their energy on the bloody football. We are the Arsenal of the Championship. 

All of the videos I've watched that involve the players show them having a bit of a laugh with it and there's usually a few in the background laughing who've come along to watch. Does absolutely no harm and if anything it's probably a positive for team morale/bonding. Would you rather they just turned up, trained hard and went home? No smiling, no laughing, just play football and that's it? 

12 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

All of the videos I've watched that involve the players show them having a bit of a laugh with it and there's usually a few in the background laughing who've come along to watch. Does absolutely no harm and if anything it's probably a positive for team morale/bonding. Would you rather they just turned up, trained hard and went home? No smiling, no laughing, just play football  that's it.

Ipswich's motto...

4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

No that would be very silly and Mel would have to go first for that to happen! :whistle:

Our choice of mangers has been very hit and miss to say the least, but when you look at other clubs theirs are too. I can't see the point in giving Rowett any more time or money, where's the evidence that we'll end up better off?

Evidence ? He took us to second and at this point has us in the play off positions whilst lowering the wage bill and making a profit in the transfer market to stave off ffp issues ,,, 

now could he do better than that if he could up the wage bill and make a deficit in the transfer market ? The above facts / evidence suggests perhaps yes but then you would have less chances to be all smiles when we don’t win sometimes hence lowering the entertainment value for you ?

19 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

All of the videos I've watched that involve the players show them having a bit of a laugh with it and there's usually a few in the background laughing who've come along to watch. Does absolutely no harm and if anything it's probably a positive for team morale/bonding. Would you rather they just turned up, trained hard and went home? No smiling, no laughing, just play football and that's it? 

What you don't seem to understand is that it is being done for someone else's benefit. They should do these things for their benefit. But you have to ask yourself where the priorities are when a player looks forward to a bit of filming at the end of the day over preparation for the next match when they head off to the training ground in the morning. And let's not try and chuck in charity and community relations to forward an opposing argument because that is completely different. 

You might think Arsenal are an off field team to aspire to be, I do not. 

13 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

To be fair, even if they were allowed to it must be difficult to muster a smile when you're playing football in Ipswich and your manager is Mick McCarthy :lol:

Mick McCarthy is a joker - Love the man, discount Neil Warnock

We’re limited in what we can do but Rowett’s brought that on himself. We dedicated ourself to this style by getting rid of Martin and not bringing in anyone who allows us to change formation.

All the crap Rowett said when he first came in about adjusting for opposition, being versatile with young, hungry players and adding athleticism to the middle of the park is what I personally wanted this season.

I was well up for his tenure when he said that but we’ve limited ourself through an obsession with experience and character. It doesn’t matter how experienced our midfield is when the other team can run straight past them.

It’s resulted in a limited team that’s got no attacking flair outside of Palmer and Vydra. It’s not enough.

Needs to be different next season but let’s keep trying to get this to work now because we have no other option. Go to Forest, be physical, get a win.

For me the biggest test / puzzle for Gary Rowett over the next ten games is how to set us up to get Palmer and vydra in the team together 

2 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

What you don't seem to understand is that it is being done for someone else's benefit. They should do these things for their benefit. But you have to ask yourself where the priorities are when a player looks forward to a bit of filming at the end of the day over preparation for the next match when they head off to the training ground in the morning. And let's not try and chuck in charity and community relations to forward an opposing argument because that is completely different. 

You might think Arsenal are an off field team to aspire to be, I do not. 

It's such a silly thing to start criticising. I might have interpreted your original post incorrectly, but it came across to me as you were suggesting the videos the Derby media team are doing with the players may be one of the reasons the players are under-performing because they should just 'focus all of their energy on the bloody football.' 

I've had a very quick scan of the clubs above us and all of them create content that involves players

Wolves (Spring Roll Challenge) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDXX3qsy7yA

Cardiff (Chinese Calligraphy) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpsJ-PgQOmY

Villa (Extreme Drive Time) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr_xDBYMHI4

Fulham (Kebano Photo-shoot Diary) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGV2bUO2nhc

I feel quite confident in saying I reckon at least 90% of clubs in the Premier League and Football League do similar content so I really doubt ours is having that much of an impact on performances 

4 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

It's such a silly thing to start criticising. I might have interpreted your original post incorrectly, but it came across to me as you were suggesting the videos the Derby media team are doing with the players may be one of the reasons the players are under-performing because they should just 'focus all of their energy on the bloody football.' 

I've had a very quick scan of the clubs above us and all of them create content that involves players

Wolves (Spring Roll Challenge) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDXX3qsy7yA

Cardiff (Chinese Calligraphy) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpsJ-PgQOmY

Villa (Extreme Drive Time) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr_xDBYMHI4

Fulham (Kebano Photo-shoot Diary) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGV2bUO2nhc

I feel quite confident in saying I reckon at least 90% of clubs in the Premier League and Football League do similar content so I really doubt ours is having that much of an impact on performances 

Yeah, taking 30 mins out of a footballers day every couple months is REALLY slowing us down on the pitch. Well done for showing that this is the absolute norm for footballers now, the issue at Arsenal is clearly the manager and his culture, which has made the club a laughing stock. Everything Arsenal do is instantly criticised and laughed at on social media, so that stuff is made a meal out of.

Such a yer da thing to criticise, give me a break.

6 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Really? :huh:

You know,I'm actually starting to think so...

The football was better,he picked up the team from its post Clement lethargy and although he made some errors,it was better than where we are

Perhaps his enthusiasm is what we (or rather the team)need at this point if the season isn't going to implode.

2 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Really? :huh:

Well yes rather than Rowett, but not really. *whispers* Don't tell anyone I wanted Colin back when he got the Rotherham job. He knows what he's doing. I'm sure he might not expect to have kept his job long term in the Prem, but its about getting there. And what I've always believed is you need an experienced manager, preferably one who has been there, seen it, done it.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well yes rather than Rowett, but not really. *whispers* Don't tell anyone I wanted Colin back when he got the Rotherham job. He knows what he's doing. I'm sure he might not expect to have kept his job long term in the Prem, but its about getting there. And what I've always believed is you need an experienced manager, preferably one who has been there, seen it, done it.

Why put his name out there then when you've absolutely slaughtered him in the past? 

2 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Why put his name out there then when you've absolutely slaughtered him in the past? 

Why not. He didn't do that bad a job compared to Rowett and mafiawotsit kept on hassling, it was the 1st name I thought of. :lol:

See @RoyMac5 this is why it's so hard to take most of what you post seriously. Back when we were debating whether Wassall should stay, you were pretty much the most disparaging voice on the forum....

On 3/9/2016 at 18:55, RoyMac5 said:

Clement was the wrong man.

Wassall is the wrong man.

Easy peasy, next!

and...

On 5/15/2016 at 21:22, RoyMac5 said:

Then maybe he's out of his depth elsewhere. Can't say his behaviour has convinced me he's right for the Academy tbh.

...and the real kicker....

On 5/15/2016 at 22:24, RoyMac5 said:

He's shown himself to be tactically naïve and a bit of a prat, just what the youngsters need.

You didn't even think he was fit to manage the youth teams!!! Now in your infinite wisdom it's time to launch Rowett too as he's also failed to meet your expectations. Asked who you would replace him with......

8 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Who’d you rather have currently? 

Here's your considered reply...

8 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Wassall.

And yet you expect folk to listen to your anti-Rowett detritus all the same! Will you be singing his praises too somewhere down the line?

10 minutes ago, 86 points said:

See @RoyMac5 this is why it's so hard to take most of what you post seriously. Back when we were debating whether Wassall should stay, you were pretty much the most disparaging voice on the forum....

and...

...and the real kicker....

You didn't even think he was fit to manage the youth teams!!! Now in your infinite wisdom it's time to launch Rowett too as he's also failed to meet your expectations. Asked who you would replace him with......

Here's your considered reply...

And yet you expect folk to listen to your anti-Rowett detritus all the same! Will you be singing his praises too somewhere down the line?

86 you are a star ,I was getting drawn back into the Roy Mac wum routine again ,time to just ignore again as seeing derby struggle is painfull enough without that old guff 

Archived