Just 'silly mistakes' is it Gary?

RoyMac5

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Wrong,they were more than good enough....and if we had been promoted with them it's money well spent...are wolves worrying about their wage bill?

They were nowhere near good enough. 

The fans wanted a complete squad clearance and for us to start again 

Gary is work in progress and we have a MASSIVE CHANCE OF THE PLAYOFFS 

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

They are healthy but I you know,I think we can put great store behind fans not enjoying the football.....as always fans vote with their feet.

Fans do vote with their feet, this season 27k on average are going to games which in the Championship is very good. We was down to 23k with Nigel Clough if figures were correct.

Cardiff sat in 2nd place, 18k average this season in a 33k seater stadium. 

5 minutes ago, curtains said:

They were nowhere near good enough. 

The fans wanted a complete squad clearance and for us to start again 

Gary is work in progress and we have a MASSIVE CHANCE OF THE PLAYOFFS 

Which fans???

None iknow,most were massively disappointed in our outgoings.

We now have a slimmer chance of the playoffs.

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Which fans???

None iknow,most were massively disappointed in our outgoings.

We now have a slimmer chance of the playoffs.

Ok then go through the squad at the end of last season.  You can even rate the players I quoted which I noticed no one has. 

Tell me individually how good they were / are and tell me why you would retain them at Derby. 

Ill give You Hughes although he ain’t done much for Watford yet 

1 hour ago, David said:

Rowett hasn't said it's "just" silly mistakes though has he.

"I think our overall performance has to be better than that tonight"

Right there he has acknowledged the performance was not good enough, you pasted that in yourself. And as much as you disagree with "If you see the game out and you defend for the full 90 minutes, you win the game, you keep the clean sheet, we all go home happy and we're not really bothered how we played."

It's true mostly, had we held out last night and won 1-0 with the exact same performance you would not be seeing some of the topics that are on this forum today. Instead they would have been, right it wasn't pretty, need to be better than that but we needed those 3 points, let's use this to kick start our season starting Sunday.

We're not though, because of a silly mistake, a goal that came from a foul throw of all things, now we're having to give suggestions out of what to say to Forest fans that are taking the piss. Having checked the table though I hardly think they are in a position to mock.

This isn't the time to take to stop and take a look in the mirror and check how pretty we look, 10 games remaining it's about putting points on the table and securing that play off spot to put us potentially 3 games away from promotion. It's not the only way to get out this league granted but right now with the run of form we're in a scrap that's what it is. 

For anyone that doesn't think we're good enough to go up, go ask Huddersfield fans about their form prior to the play offs and how they made it to Wembley and the Premier League.

Whilst we're top 6 we have a chance. 

Thanks David .. I needed a lift this morning. :thumbsup:    A bit like that quote from Finest hour ... "he mobilised the English language and sent it to war"

It won't help the team one bit if we go all gloomy and negative. There is a war on. We are under attack. We need to beat our chests, get out there and cheer. All the "I told you so" mob who are rubbing their hands with glee need to get a grip every bit as much as the players on the pitch. 

Come of Derby 

1 hour ago, David said:

Rowett hasn't said it's "just" silly mistakes though has he.

"I think our overall performance has to be better than that tonight"

Right there he has acknowledged the performance was not good enough, you pasted that in yourself. And as much as you disagree with "If you see the game out and you defend for the full 90 minutes, you win the game, you keep the clean sheet, we all go home happy and we're not really bothered how we played."

Yes of course it has to be better - but he's not bothered how its better, as long as we get 3 points: "we're not really bothered how we played."

Can't really tart that comment up can you?

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Yes of course it has to be better - but he's not bothered how its better, as long as we get 3 points: "we're not really bothered how we played."

Yes.  He’s said but if you don’t win then it’s a different matter. 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Think the rest of my post you removed from the quote covers all this, we have 10 games to, now is not the time to look in the mirror how pretty we are. It's about getting the results, getting the ball in the net more than the other side and keeping us in a position where come May, we have 3 cup finals from promotion.

I dug out a post from you a few weeks back, went along the lines of I want promotion and I don't care how we get there, at one point in time you had the same mindset as Rowett, which you have since retracted, the difference now being he has sold and loaned out your favourite players and you dislike the man for it. 

That's fine, but some of us are still in that mindset, off Keogh's arse, Wisdom's ear lobe, get the results and get us up because the longer we stay in this league more clubs are picking up that Premier League golden cheque and it becomes even harder to survive when we do get up.

3 minutes ago, David said:

I dug out a post from you a few weeks back, went along the lines of I want promotion and I don't care how we get there, at one point in time you had the same mindset as Rowett, which you have since retracted, the difference now being he has sold and loaned out your favourite players and you dislike the man for it. 

NO.

The difference NOW is that I no longer believe all the guff that came out of Rowetts mouth. He sounded great, gonna play different ways depending on the opposition, want young hungry players, etc etc

I realised he's ALL talk. That is the difference, not that he's got rid of Hughes, Ince, Martin and Bryson.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

NO.

The difference NOW is that I no longer believe all the guff that came out of Rowetts mouth. He sounded great, gonna play different ways depending on the opposition, want young hungry players, etc etc

I realised he's ALL talk. That is the difference, not that he's got rid of Hughes, Ince, Martin and Bryson.

Ok, but do you admit you made a post which went something like, I don't care how we go up, just get up?

20 minutes ago, curtains said:

Ok then go through the squad at the end of last season.  You can even rate the players I quoted which I noticed no one has. 

Tell me individually how good they were / are and tell me why you would retain them at Derby. 

Ill give You Hughes although he ain’t done much for Watford yet 

Hughes has been a revelation for Watford when he has been fit and played (albeit that has not been much), 2 goals and 2 assists in 4 premier league games and their fans reaction says so. Just this weekend in a match lacking in quality he came off the bench won the ball back in the centre of the park, rode a challenge and played Deeney through on goal to score and they won 1 - 0. Their fans are laughing at the 5 million initial fee that they have paid. 

I agree the rest of the squad was poor but Will Hughes has been a big miss in my opinion.

Just now, David said:

Ok, but do you admit you made a post which went something like, I don't care how we go up, just get up?

Yes. I never imagined that Rowett would turn out as he has, that is why I said it. I couldn't see him signing the players he has and playing the way he does from what he said. Even if we go up Rowett wouldn't keep us up and might put the club as far back as Jimmy Jewell did!

1 hour ago, David said:

Members are free to open one, I won't be putting my name to one as I personally don't think it's time to be questioning the manager.

The timing of the poll largely dictates the result, votes tend to go the way of the current mood which is low given the run of form and last nights result and performance. 

I would agree.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Yes. I never imagined that Rowett would turn out as he has, that is why I said it. I couldn't see him signing the players he has and playing the way he does from what he said. Even if we go up Rowett wouldn't keep us up and might put the club as far back as Jimmy Jewell did!

Right, but all I'm saying here is at one point you had a similar thought process that you are now being critical of others for having.

Let's just get 3 points however we can, what has happened has been and gone, we can't change that, what we can change is results going forward and as of today we still have a chance of going up.

1 hour ago, metalsheep02 said:

Well a poll has been called for in one of the other threads so any chance of having one to see what the current views of the fans are?

I think it's the only way to deal with it,personally I'm sad about it but I think it's a good and fair way to do it.

Just now, David said:

Right, but all I'm saying here is at one point you had a similar thought process that you are now being critical of others for having.

So all you lot better catch up quick then! Rowett is all talk.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

One might say that those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

I don't care how we go up, just get up there. ;) 

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

so are you mate when results and performances arent up to your very high standards , i was there last night and Davids right , one flukey goal , a scruffy win could make all the difference , myself , i think they will make the play offs and then who knows , 3 games we could be promoted , oh and as for your suggestion of Wassall for manager , do me a favour

Archived