Just 'silly mistakes' is it Gary?

RoyMac5

17 minutes ago, 86 points said:

See @RoyMac5 this is why it's so hard to take most of what you post seriously. Back when we were debating whether Wassall should stay, you were pretty much the most disparaging voice on the forum....

and...

...and the real kicker....

You didn't even think he was fit to manage the youth teams!!! Now in your infinite wisdom it's time to launch Rowett too as he's also failed to meet your expectations. Asked who you would replace him with......

Here's your considered reply...

And yet you expect folk to listen to your anti-Rowett detritus all the same! Will you be singing his praises too somewhere down the line?

So let me get this, no-one is allowed to change their mind?

I gave you the reasons why I changed my mind about Rowett. I said I'd prefer Wassall to him now. I chose a name because mafiabob is constantly hassling about it, I'm not really in a position to chose! Lol.

Is that really SO difficult for you to understand? If you can't accept that people can re-evaluate information and change their mind then so be it. But I'm really not bovvered in the slightest.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

If you can't accept that people can re-evaluate information and change their mind then so be it. But I'm really not bovvered in the slightest.

Is that not what Rowett has done this season, when trying to sign younger players was priced out the market and had to revaluate his shortlist, go for more experienced players that fit in our budget better like Davies and Huddlestone for example.

That's not just a guess, said as much himself, clubs were asking far too much money.

Thing is Rowett is being held to every word he has made and not allowed the same freedoms that we are on the internet it would seem.

10 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

For all you keen to keep Mr Rowett on, here's the sort of thing we have to look forward to.

"Derby boss Gary Rowett told BBC Radio Derby:

"We're making silly mistakes at the wrong time. I think our overall performance has to be better than that tonight, but we've played badly before and we've won the game.

"If you see the game out and you defend for the full 90 minutes, you win the game, you keep the clean sheet, we all go home happy and we're not really bothered how we played.

"The reality is because we've conceded a poor goal the fact that we haven't played very well becomes more important."

Which part of your quote do you have a problem with?

Yes I am keen to see Rowett stay on.... as im keen to see almost any manager to stay on.

With this manager in particular he is by far and away better than anyone else available out there at the moment.

But with reference to your quote... with our team, we should be keeping clean sheets against QPR whose only threat is the knock down hoping Matt Smith can win a few in the first place.

So when you are struggling for conficence and bravery because results are going against you, GR is spot on with what he says... as he always is. Your part in bold, GR is refering to the fact we cant get a win at the moment... and so any win will do for now. To get us back to winnign ways and help put a spring in our step going forward. In no way is GR advocating we will be happy with not playing well game in and game out. I thought this was clear... shame you dont see it as such.

1 minute ago, David said:

Is that not what Rowett has done this season, when trying to sign younger players was priced out the market and had to revaluate his shortlist, go for more experienced players that fit in our budget better like Davies and Huddlestone for example.

That's not just a guess, said as much himself, clubs were asking far too much money.

Thing is Rowett is being held to every word he has made and not allowed the same freedoms that we are on the internet it would seem.

He's in charge I'm on an internet forum! You're guessing as to him not being able to sign hungry youth in the summer - unless trying to sign Jerome counts as hungry?

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He's in charge I'm on an internet forum! You're guessing as to him not being able to sign hungry youth in the summer - unless trying to sign Jerome counts as hungry?

Did you miss all the interviews in the summer, his frustrations at fees clubs were being quoted. At a fans forum I believe he spoke at length on this and the money spent by the club in recent years.

Of course there is a difference in a Internet forum and managing the club, but the point still remains that sometimes you need to revaluate and consider other options.

Would you have preferred us to find cheaper younger players who might not be as good just to stick to his word?

2 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

We’re limited in what we can do but Rowett’s brought that on himself. We dedicated ourself to this style by getting rid of Martin and not bringing in anyone who allows us to change formation.

All the crap Rowett said when he first came in about adjusting for opposition, being versatile with young, hungry players and adding athleticism to the middle of the park is what I personally wanted this season.

I was well up for his tenure when he said that but we’ve limited ourself through an obsession with experience and character. It doesn’t matter how experienced our midfield is when the other team can run straight past them.

It’s resulted in a limited team that’s got no attacking flair outside of Palmer and Vydra. It’s not enough.

Needs to be different next season but let’s keep trying to get this to work now because we have no other option. Go to Forest, be physical, get a win.

What have you seen in the current squad that makes you think being physical is even an option?

The players that are big enough aren't quick enough to get close, and the ones that are young enough couldn't win a tug of war with the local WI.

2 minutes ago, David said:

1 - Did you miss all the interviews in the summer, his frustrations at fees clubs were being quoted. At a fans forum I believe he spoke at length on this. 

2 - Of course there is a difference in a Internet forum and managing the club, but the point still remains that sometimes you need to revaluate and consider other options.

3 - Would you have preferred us to find cheaper younger players who might not be as good just to stick to his word?

All managers say point 1.

Point 2 is what I've done.

Point 3 it's is his job and I didn't realise he was crap at scouting as he wanted to take it all on board.

1 minute ago, David said:

Never knew that,  the question is then why have other clubs been able to bring in these younger players and GR hasn’t.  Just a quick look at the incoming transfers for other clubs highlights that players are available.

Lookng at his transfer dealings, maybe once again he just looks to play it safe, he hasn’t brought in a player yet that is an unknown or from a lower division I don’t think ?

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

All managers say point 1.

Point 2 is what I've done.

Point 3 it's is his job and I didn't realise he was crap at scouting as he wanted to take it all on board.

But that's not to say there isn't any truth in it, we have spent a shed load of money over the past couple of seasons, each year transfer fees are getting more ridiculous, maybe just maybe it simply wasn't possible to do the business he wanted and had to revaluate his plans.

No problem with you changing your mind, it's better than being stubborn, I just think you've been unfair with Rowett by now allowing him to do the same that's all. 

6 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Never knew that,  the question is then why have other clubs been able to bring in these younger players and GR hasn’t.  Just a quick look at the incoming transfers for other clubs highlights that players are available.

Lookng at his transfer dealings, maybe once again he just looks to play it safe, he hasn’t brought in a player yet that is an unknown or from a lower division I don’t think ?

You was asked in another topic what players would you have signed, you made an excellent reply and one that I could slightly tweak as a response to this.

The simple answer is, I don't know. 

Maybe Rowett does like to play it safe but I'm sure theres a few other clubs asking why they didn't spot the bargain that is Curtis Davies this summer.

2 hours ago, archied said:

Evidence ? He took us to second and at this point has us in the play off positions whilst lowering the wage bill and making a profit in the transfer market to stave off ffp issues ,,, 

now could he do better than that if he could up the wage bill and make a deficit in the transfer market ? The above facts / evidence suggests perhaps yes but then you would have less chances to be all smiles when we don’t win sometimes hence lowering the entertainment value for you ?

archied. Don't try and tell him the truth he's not interested in facts He's so infatuated with Mclaren that whoever his our manager he will just childishly find fault He's absolutely hated the 29 times we havnt lost it ruined his week

1 hour ago, Cam the Ram said:

It's such a silly thing to start criticising. I might have interpreted your original post incorrectly, but it came across to me as you were suggesting the videos the Derby media team are doing with the players may be one of the reasons the players are under-performing because they should just 'focus all of their energy on the bloody football.' 

I've had a very quick scan of the clubs above us and all of them create content that involves players

Wolves (Spring Roll Challenge) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDXX3qsy7yA

Cardiff (Chinese Calligraphy) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpsJ-PgQOmY

Villa (Extreme Drive Time) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr_xDBYMHI4

Fulham (Kebano Photo-shoot Diary) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGV2bUO2nhc

I feel quite confident in saying I reckon at least 90% of clubs in the Premier League and Football League do similar content so I really doubt ours is having that much of an impact on performances 

And I feel quite confident in saying they should drop it all...all of it and focus on the football, despite liking the content, until we are well and truly out of this slump. I see it as a contributing factor, everyone has experience of this. This is your job, goal, aim and focus here because we need improved performance. It should be treated as a reward if not a distraction. 

Your solution or attempt would be what exactly? More of this stuff? Carry on as normal?

I have a relative that has done exactly this. A physiologist that was hired by a current Championship club some years back and these are the kind of things he was saying to the players and coaches. 

There is plenty of information about, even YouTube for the lazy. 

8 minutes ago, David said:

No problem with you changing your mind, it's better than being stubborn, I just think you've been unfair with Rowett by not allowing him to do the same that's all. 

In what way has Rowett changed his mind?

13 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Could you tell us what young players and lower division players Wolves Cardiff Aston Villa and Fulham the teams above us in the league have brought in 

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

In what way has Rowett changed his mind?

Ok, again.

One of your main criticisms has been his signings and all "talk", not the young players he spoke about. As I've said, in a fans forum at The Yard he told us that clubs were asking vast sums of money that we simply won't pay and moved for players that are a little older than he would have liked, but they were the best deals for the club. 

The point I am making is that you allow yourself and rightly so, to change your mind both on I don't care how we do it, just get us up and Wassall, but you don't allow our manager to do the same because he's the manager and you're on the internet, when maybe he has been forced to a certain extent. 

18 minutes ago, David said:

You was asked in another topic what players would you have signed, you made an excellent reply and one that I could slightly tweak as a response to this.

The simple answer is, I don't know. 

Maybe Rowett does like to play it safe but I'm sure theres a few other clubs asking why they didn't spot the bargain that is Curtis Davies this summer.

Very true, I suppose it was a question that could never be answered expect by GR himself.  

Archived