Just 'silly mistakes' is it Gary?

RoyMac5

20 minutes ago, TheAllestreeRam said:

Hughes has been a revelation for Watford when he has been fit and played (albeit that has not been much), 2 goals and 2 assists in 4 premier league games and their fans reaction says so. Just this weekend in a match lacking in quality he came off the bench won the ball back in the centre of the park, rode a challenge and played Deeney through on goal to score and they won 1 - 0. Their fans are laughing at the 5 million initial fee that they have paid. 

I agree the rest of the squad was poor but Will Hughes has been a big miss in my opinion.

He wanted Premier League though. We couldn’t stand in his way 

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, David said:

One might say that those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

I don't care how we go up, just get up there. ;) 

Then lets sack Rowett and get someone in who knows what they're doing! :ph34r: ;)

It pains me to say it, but this season is starting to mirror that Tommy Docherty season in the Seventies. : poor performances and results due to poor management by way of a wholesale clearance of experienced senior players without any obvious plan for replacements - Jonathon Clarke anyone ?  FFS.

It took the best part of 15 years until Jim Smith arrived to start a sustained recovery, and without a radical change in the Club's policy, could take as long again. As others have said, re-implementing the Derby Way philosophy would be a useful start - at least we would stand a chance of attracting the calibre of players and youngsters needed.

I may be wrong, but in 65 years of watching our beloved Rams I have seldom if ever felt so disenchanted .

3 minutes ago, Dordogne-Ram said:

It pains me to say it, but this season is starting to mirror that Tommy Docherty season in the Seventies. : poor performances and results due to poor management by way of a wholesale clearance of experienced senior players without any obvious plan for replacements - Jonathon Clarke anyone ?  FFS.

It took the best part of 15 years until Jim Smith arrived to start a sustained recovery, and without a radical change in the Club's policy, could take as long again. As others have said, re-implementing the Derby Way philosophy would be a useful start - at least we would stand a chance of attracting the calibre of players and youngsters needed.

I may be wrong, but in 65 years of watching our beloved Rams I have seldom if ever felt so disenchanted .

Blimey.  

3rd Division was better was it. 

7 minutes ago, curtains said:

He wanted Premier League though. We couldn’t stand in his way 

Of course not but saying that he had not done anything is not true and highlights how much we needed to replace him. 

Rowett has bemoaned the lack of quality in recent weeks and given that he shipped out the players in the squad who had quality (whether by choice or not) they clearly were not replaced with anything near their equals. 

1 minute ago, TheAllestreeRam said:

Of course not but saying that he had not done anything is not true and highlights how much we needed to replace him. 

Rowett has bemoaned the lack of quality in recent weeks and given that he shipped out the players in the squad who had quality (whether by choice or not) they clearly were not replaced with anything near their equals. 

But despite what people think FFP was running the show. 

I think Mel and Gary wanted him to stay but the offer from Watford swayed it. 

There is absolutely no evidence to support the notion that Hughes and Ince wanted out.

Having a team built around Hughes, Ince, Martin, Vydra and Bryson is much stronger than what we have now and easy on the eye. I just fear GR doesn't know how to work with anything outside of the realm of his style of football.

5 minutes ago, Gypsy Ram said:

There is absolutely no evidence to support the notion that Hughes and Ince wanted out.

Having a team built around Hughes, Ince, Martin, Vydra and Bryson is much stronger than what we have now and easy on the eye. I just fear GR doesn't know how to work with anything outside of the realm of his style of football.

I think you will find Hughes jumped at Watford  just as Ince jumped at Huddersfield to get into the Premier League. I don’t blame them either

Archived