Queen’s Park Rangers F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

Just now, JG400 said:

The only consolation I dont think Bristol City ,Preston or Sheff Utd are capable of a sustained challenge , what a sad state of optimism 

Any kind of challenge and we could be in trouble!

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Harrowram said:

A new contract for Rowett, a poor transfer window and look where we are.A defeat on Sunday and suddenly Rowett's future is very much in doubt.

And we thought Birmingham were ******* crazy to sack GR when they were 7th. We're talking about it and we're 5th ffs!!!!!!!

Just now, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

It's been rubbish recently but we cant keep sacking a manager every time we hit a rough patch. If Brighton ha sacked Hughton when they finished way off the pace they might not be where they are now.

Give the sack race talk a rest.

Watford sacked their managers. They're comfortable in the Premier League with our best midfielder in the past 10 years. 

1 minute ago, JG400 said:

The only consolation I dont think Bristol City ,Preston or Sheff Utd are capable of a sustained challenge , what a sad state of optimism 

Yes but to put the bright side on it weve still got forest wolves villa and Cardiff to play soon... ;) 

Another sad evening. I'm a bit down about everything this club has done since Mel came in. While I don't blame him personally at all, we've gone completely backwards. We've gone from being a young hungry free flowing attacking side, to a team of sluggish overpaid championship veterans playing dull defensive football. It started with the appointment of Clement, and the daft signings he made and it's gone downhill since. 

Things weren't that exciting under Clough, but he did an amazing job of trimming the squad down and incorporating our younger players. McClaren took that infrastructure and elevated the performances on the pitch. Clement, Pearson and Rowett have dragged that in multiple different directions while spending millions, leaving us with a disjointed squad of highly paid individuals playing the least entertaining football in the league. I'm bored to death of it.

This is a dreadful run but we can’t go changing manager yet again.  Give him next season with a summer of transfers and see where we are.  We had an awful January but a lot of that was paying for previous managers’ signings who don’t fit with GR’s ‘style’ of play.  If he gets the boot as well, the next guy is back to square 1.  I’ve written off this season now, don’t think we’ll make the play offs, but I’m prepared to give him another year.

9 minutes ago, Raminphilippines said:

I can't listen to him, not been able to since about the third match of the season. Even when we were winning I could not stand listening to him running on. 

Next time your boss has a go at you for something, or you get pulled over by a policeman for speeding, just say "but I got into some great positions" because that apparently makes everything OK.

2 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Did anyone think we'd make the playoffs.... I certainly didn't! Rowetts been a victim of his own success. Some on here have had a bump on the head! 

I certainly did do and I expect Mel does too.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Watford sacked their managers. They're comfortable in the Premier League with our best midfielder in the past 10 years. 

Thats a good point....we should just appoint whoever they sack. 

Jokanovic? Marco Silva??

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

We had Clement sacked when we were struggling much higher in the league than this. 

Where were we in the league when Clement was sacked? I honestly can't remember but, it's difficult to be "much higher" than 5th. 

Get a grip anyone suggesting Gary should or will get sacked even if we do lose at Forest. 

Archived