Johnny Russell in the MLS

Cam the Ram

On 14/05/2018 at 14:12, Cam the Ram said:

He leaves the Championship, scores a few goals over in America and immediately gets back in the Scotland set up ?

Dead chuffed for johnny......cracking little player and just a shame he wont be here for Frank to utilise.

Looking forwards to seeing  him play for Scotland,hopefully.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, mozza said:

Sporting Kansas v Columbus Crew. Live on Sky,  from 23:10  tonight,  if anyone's interested.. 

I watched it. Utterly tedious game, but that may have been due in part to the unrelenting heat and the referee's decision to send off Federico Higuain.

On 30/04/2018 at 12:32, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Despite what he has said he still put the graft in on the pitch when he was selected and that is what ultimately matters.

I disagree with this.

Even way before these comments out, I said for large parts of 2 seasons he was anonymous and used to hide from the ball.

• 4 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Barnetbyram said:

Been a while since I checked on the MLS, see Kansas are doing really well, not sure overall how JR    has performed but good too see he seems to be doing well 

Yeah I keep seeing they are top of their conference.

According to transfermarkt he's scored 5 and assisted 5 (I think) so the goals have dried up after his initial flurry.

I'm sure he's loving it out there, hope so anyway.

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

Yeah I keep seeing they are top of their conference.

According to transfermarkt he's scored 5 and assisted 5 (I think) so the goals have dried up after his initial flurry.

I'm sure he's loving it out there, hope so anyway.

He got a hat trick earlier on in the season, I see he played against Houston yesterday and played a part in the Kansas equaizer then Kansas got a winner in injury time, looked like a good atmosphere too, good for him

Due to a flight delay I had the dubious pleasure of watch Sporting Kansas play Montreal Impact at the airport. 

Game was very poor standard, lower championship possibly, more like league 1. JR played his usual game ran around a lot, got tackled a fair bit not much end result.

12 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Due to a flight delay I had the dubious pleasure of watch Sporting Kansas play Montreal Impact at the airport. 

Game was very poor standard, lower championship possibly, more like league 1. JR played his usual game ran around a lot, got tackled a fair bit not much end result.

Who won? I watched Montreal at Orlando the other week. It was dire. Orlando lost 2-0.

36 minutes ago, angieram said:

Recent interview with Johnny Russell here. No mention of Derby - we're history!

He’s gone Angie, time to let him go! ? 

In fairness the interview is purely on their season so far, wouldn’t expect us to be mentioned

56 minutes ago, David said:

He’s gone Angie, time to let him go! ? 

In fairness the interview is purely on their season so far, wouldn’t expect us to be mentioned

Yes, wasn't too sad when he went but still very interested to see how he gets on at Kansas. Something a bit different, I suppose. Interesting that he arrived with a bang but there is talk of a goal drought already. 

I made the Derby comment to save people who aren't interested in Johnny the bother of reading it.

Just now, angieram said:

Yes, wasn't too sad when he went but still very interested to see how he gets on at Kansas. Something a bit different, I suppose. Interesting that he arrived with a bang but there is talk of a goal drought already. 

I made the Derby comment to save people who aren't interested in Johnny the bother of reading it.

I’m reading! 

Interested to see how he gets on, only in written format by those that are watching Kansas games, tried watching a MLS game before, never again. 

My interest is his he going to stay out there and be a superstar, no question he has the ability do be that, or will the novelty wear off. Long way away from a decent Haggis. 

Still slightly annoyed by his timing, even though a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do, opportunity may have never came again.

Archived