Johnny Russell in the MLS

Cam the Ram

You have to question as to why he fell out of love with football at Derby, you should never have to be forced to be in a job you hate. 

Glad he’s found his mojo again, he certainly seems happy and his performances show it (albeit in a pub league) ?

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

Who?

I seem to remember from the article that it was  aafter the hull play off that he thought he'd got a move to Brighton llined up but someone/something aat DCFC squashed it, so that's possibly Rush or Pearson who could have and are no longer at the club. That's my speculation, not my knowledge.

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I seem to remember from the article that it was  aafter the hull play off that he thought he'd got a move to Brighton llined up but someone/something aat DCFC squashed it, so that's possibly Rush or Pearson who could have and are no longer at the club. That's my speculation, not my knowledge.

Ah ok. Cheers fella

Lots of things changed in johnny’s life whist at Derby. He came as a 23 year old second striker and played mostly as a winger in a front 3. Marriage, becoming a father and the constant revolving door of managers. Every manager since clough tried to unsuccessfully replace him but never did. Lingard, Wiemman, Anya, etc....Rowett sold him (reluctantly) but never replaced neither. I think JR was as sick of us, as ‘some’ were of him here Saying that as much as I liked him he never would have fitted into FL’s plans. So a happy ending for all.  

• 2 weeks later...

Archived