Johnny Russell in the MLS

Cam the Ram

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Oh make no bones about it, I absolutely hate that too. 

It was the best part of the match year.

btw i love it when we turn the sprinklers on the fireworks first and then wonder why they don't all go off. Sums us up really.

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

It was the best part of the match year.

btw i love it when we turn the sprinklers on the fireworks first and then wonder why they don't all go off. Sums us up really.

It's fine when used correctly but it was getting a bit much for nearly every match. Cool for the first match at New Years, cool for the play offs. Not cool for a wet Tuesday night against Brentford.

If you watch Johnny's celebration after his goal, all the usual gestures, including hanging his tongue all the way out, were there, but the look on his face towards the end of his celebration  says "It isn't the same anymore". It is almost as if he has gone there to recreate his happy times while at Derby but can't. It looks like there is no connection with the fans, and the "specialness" of Derby just isn't there. A bit empty, really. What a shame.

I hope you make something of it Johnny, We miss you too! (Well I do, anyway).

On 15/07/2018 at 12:13, DavesaRam said:

If you watch Johnny's celebration after his goal, all the usual gestures, including hanging his tongue all the way out, were there, but the look on his face towards the end of his celebration  says "It isn't the same anymore". It is almost as if he has gone there to recreate his happy times while at Derby but can't. It looks like there is no connection with the fans, and the "specialness" of Derby just isn't there. A bit empty, really. What a shame.

I hope you make something of it Johnny, We miss you too! (Well I do, anyway).

How did you get that form a 27 second clip...

That goalkeeping was something else, it was like he was surprised that someone had the gall to cross the ball in and was utterly unprepared to move to his right.

Championship GK would have just pivoted across and Johnny's shot would have been an easy save.

10 minutes ago, Mr Giggles said:

Its enough for most forum members to evaluate players abilities, temperament, potential future earnings and emotional commitment to the club. 

Perhaps its the now ruined irnbru with the new lower calories and less harmful chemicals which has led to his distress?

5 hours ago, Andicis said:

Even more embarrassing defending in that clip. The MLS is a complete joke.

Johnny didn't even need to put the afterburners on to beat that full back for pace!

Luke Thomas would rip that league to shreds.

On 16/07/2018 at 14:23, Mr Giggles said:

Just from the look on his face while he was celebrating the goal. Sometimes the look on the face betrays the gestures. So it looked like the normal celebration, but there was something which just wasn't right. That's all. Actual;ly, I hope I'm wrong and he's havinga great time over there!

• 5 weeks later...

Archived