Steve macs legacy

archied

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mix in a bit of good and bad luck over the season then boil it down and it leaves you with this,,, you have to be good enough all round over a FULL season to go up , macs team/squad was not , say what we like but that’s the cold hard truth ,

is rowetts team /squad good enough to get us up? We will know at the end of the season ( my gut feeling is not yet)

for the pundits ,football fans in general and some derby fans macs legacy is the bottle it club label ,it attached when over two seasons we failed with a team some said played the best football in the division and were in great position after half a season only to totally miss out on even play offs ,,, the label has stuck and we are burdened with it until we actually get promoted ,makes no difference if we have different managers ,different players ,the label is there to stay till promotion is achieved ,

15 hours ago, 86 points said:

Apart from getting us to Wembley. And winning the Eredivisie with FC Twente. And winning a League Cup with Boro. And getting them to the UEFA Cup final. Oh, and all the coaching success at United. Apart from all that, he is, as you say, 'just a loser' :huh:

lets not forget getting sacked at boro again at derby again at forest again at newcastle again at derby again at england forgive me if i have missed anybody off but there is a good few to go at!

Whole load of reasons for all of this:

Not learning from previous seasons :-

-setting up teams that over rely on one player to come up with goals. Last season Ince, this season Vydra.

-not addressing the lack of consistency across the pitch

-not knowing what your best 11 is

-no way of changing a system once teams work you out (no plan b, oh how we’ve been slated before for pointing this out)

-dare I say some poor player management?

Nothing to do with previous managers, they’ve all made these mistakes. Repeating those same mistakes is the responsibility of the current manager though. You can’t keep the same method and expect different results...

On 25/02/2018 at 10:00, nottingram said:

Erm I’d say so, definitely at least until Jerome’s arrival.

When did he stop picking Russell?

They will yes, mainly as he’s spent the season injured.

Once for us, nine starts.

I think budgets have made Rowett’s bed personally.

It was actually 7 starts, 5 league (Sunderland, Wolves, Leeds, Burton and Barnsley) and league cup (Grimsby and Barnsley).

22 hours ago, Mistaram said:

Wrong again Mel wanted the fans choice  They are certainly no clubs queuing up for McLaren's signature wonder why that is 

Because people keep spelling his name wrong and agents are ringing up McLaren formula 1 team?

5 minutes ago, rynny said:

Because he didn't have the budget that other managers since have had.

all we hear are excuses for his failings and mac lovers going on about how hard done buy he was,he failed face it not once but twice,i think now is the time to get behind the team not have a go at current manager

14 hours ago, Mistaram said:

You forgot to mention his second spell at Twente walked out with them bottom of the league Wolfsburg sacked Forest 8points from first 30 resigned Newcastle got himself a five year contract and a directorship just couldn't win matches sacked again Maccabi TelAvi coach couldn't hack it walked out Back in Blighty but nobody will touch him 

Twente were 5th when he left, 6 points behind PSV who were top.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/21574534

He quit because the fans were not happy because they were not top of the table and the only reason they were demanding that was because he won the league for them. Sound familiar, a mid table side does well under Mac who then demand success ever since and are not happy that he doesn't quite achieve what he did when he returns?

4 minutes ago, Seaside Sam said:

all we hear are excuses for his failings and mac lovers going on about how hard done buy he was,he failed face it not once but twice,i think now is the time to get behind the team not have a go at current manager

Where am I having a go at the current manager? So you ask a question but do not want to hear the reasons for why? :thumbsup:

19 minutes ago, rynny said:

It was actually 7 starts, 5 league (Sunderland, Wolves, Leeds, Burton and Barnsley) and league cup (Grimsby and Barnsley).

Fair enough, I couldn’t find direct data for it so tried to work it out and came up with 9. Probably why I failed all my A Levels.

Archived