Steve macs legacy

archied

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I'd take the QPR play off loss to the shambles we are seeing at the moment.......

Your seeing the post wrongly as a pop at Steve Mac and a big up for rowett ,,, it’s a serious question ,, it’s a mill stone that’s been attached to our club and looks like it will take some shaking off,

we are slipping away from second spot and it hurts , but if I’m totally honest with myself ,for us to get second spot with the spend and changes in style rowett would be a miracle worker never mind good manager ,, but sadly most media ,pundits and some fans ,Derby and general will label it another bottle job to further cement the label and make an even heavier millstone 

22 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I'd take the QPR play off loss to the shambles we are seeing at the moment.......

Shambles is a bit strong but I do think rowett has reacted to the draws and boring style jibes and we have discarded the organised patient approach that served us so well in climbing the table but no matter why ,now is when the acid test comes for Gary , can he cut it and not let us totally fall apart?

31 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I certainly would as well, but the 14/15 season was just as shambolic, even more so probably, this ain’t something Rowett has bought about ,it’s happened under about 5 bloody managers now! Which suggests there’s another problem....

8 minutes ago, archied said:

Shambles is a bit strong but I do think rowett has reacted to the draws and boring style jibes and we have discarded the organised patient approach that served us so well in climbing the table but no matter why ,now is when the acid test comes for Gary , can he cut it and not let us totally fall apart?

I'd be very disappointed if Gary has abandoned his ethos and values because of what the fans think.

To be honest,I was a bit mean there with my comment as I went to the Leeds match and for the first time this season,really enjoyed the match...it was chaotic but at least I was excited by the game and the cut and thrust of it.

Imagine how good it would have been if Gary had tried this earlier in the season before he discarded some of the players who actually suit a looser style of play,was what I thought during the game.

So,can gr get a grip?......I really don't know to be honest but he can't allow himself to be swayed by ghosts of the past....because that's just an excuse.

6 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I certainly would as well, but the 14/15 season was just as shambolic, even more so probably, this ain’t something Rowett has bought about ,it’s happened under about 5 bloody managers now! Which suggests there’s another problem....

This is absolutely something Gary had brought about...with his choices.

Mac didn't choose for Martin,Thorne and Buxton to get injured at a critical juncture.

It's up to Gary to sort it out now.

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

So this collapse has never happened before? It happened last year under mcclaren as well, I presume that was all his fault as well then?

Absolutely.....although he didn't get the transfer window as Gary has,to sort it out....Mac was running a team that desperately needed reinforcements and he knew it.

6 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Absolutely.....although he didn't get the transfer window as Gary has,to sort it out....Mac was running a team that desperately needed reinforcements and he knew it.

But he had a January transfer window as well, and he didn’t sort the issues out then either....

The point is both had their hands tied. I don’t think mcclaren was totally to blame for the collapse last year, and it’s unfair to not say the same about Rowett. Both need players in January but had their hands tied and couldn’t get them. Rowett even said he didn’t get as much business done as he’d have liked. Now he needs to do what mcclaren failed to do and get a grip on things before they continue to get out of hand, or he’ll suffer exactly the same fate.

Archived