Steve macs legacy

archied

30 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I reckon I can get their number from Mel, he'll have it by now! :D

Yes you may be right anybody who let Mclaren get away with talking to another club behind his back and then giving him another chance would probably need the Samaritan number  By the way why do you think he was sacked the second time wouldn't be anything to do with failure on the pitch would it No couldn't possibly be that could it 

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Mistaram said:

Yes you may be right anybody who let Mclaren get away with talking to another club behind his back and then giving him another chance would probably need the Samaritan number  By the way why do you think he was sacked the second time wouldn't be anything to do with failure on the pitch would it 

No. It was because Mel wanted his choice, Rowett, in.

23 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Rowett has treated Martin the same way he did Bryson, Hughes, Shackell, Anya, Butterfield and Ince. Made it abundantly clear in a charming roundabout way - ie I think you're wonderful, but...with Martin it was a tougher game because no other team was likely to come in and match his contract with us. So it's been a game of attrition with Rowett knowing that Martin wants to play as did Bryson.

How many starts did Vydra and Martin have? The choices have been down to Rowett. He has made his choices either obviously or covertly.

Again, we are under strict budget requirements these days. We simply cannot afford to carry the wages that those players are/were on. Rather than bomb them out a la Pearson he actually treated them like humans which to me is a positive.

We've obviously gone off on a tangent now but in answer to the OP, to me this is Clement’s legacy, not Mac’s.

8 minutes ago, nottingram said:

...Rather than bomb them out a la Pearson he actually treated them like humans which to me is a positive.

You see the difference but to the players there's no difference. But Rowett looks better by doing it the 'covert way'.

I'm not into stats but someone can tell me how many times did Vyds and Chrissie start?

11 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

This is absolutely something Gary had brought about...with his choices.

Mac didn't choose for Martin,Thorne and Buxton to get injured at a critical juncture.

It's up to Gary to sort it out now.

should he not have had adequate replacements,just a thought for all you mac lovers

5 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Wrong again Mel wanted the fans choice  They are certainly no clubs queuing up for McLaren's signature wonder why that is 

Because he has a history (of success and failure) unlike Rowett who has little history. Not even Stoke really wanted Rowett. :lol:

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Because he has a history (of success and failure) unlike Rowett who has little history. Not even Stoke really wanted Rowett. :lol:

Apart from they did, it was only a new contract that stopped them getting him. Rowett has less history funnily enough because he’s only been a manager for about 5 years...

8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Apart from they did, it was only a new contract that stopped them getting him. Rowett has less history funnily enough because he’s only been a manager for about 5 years...

Stoke couldn't afford Rowett? :lol:

Five years, oh right I've missed his glory years.

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Roy say a lot of things for the sake of it But to say Stoke never really wanted him is one of the dimmest  How the hell can you compere Rowetts history to McLarens he's over twenty years younger I know you don't do stats but if you go to the trouble to check you will see he has better win ratio at Derby than Mclaren had 

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Stoke couldn't afford Rowett? :lol:

Five years, oh right I've missed his glory years.

No, he decided to stay with us, Owen Bradley said as much, but you keep deluding yourself...

Hopefully his glory years will be with us, but judging by your comments on here you’re welcome to miss them..

3 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Roy say a lot of things for the sake of it But to say Stoke never really wanted him is one of the dimmest  How the hell can you compere Rowetts history to McLarens he's over twenty years younger I know you don't do stats but if you go to the trouble to check you will see he has better win ratio at Derby than Mclaren had 

You must be ignoring Mac 1.

Very little difference between Rowett and Mac2

18 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Steve McLaren had better win ratios on both tenures than rowett....as did wassel over the shorter time he was in charge.

Mac's first term in charge was massively better than rowetts.

Screenshot_20180225-121756.png

Why are we compareing and debating over the two? Rowett is streets ahead of Mac in my opinion. Brighton away last year was one of the most pathetic performances that I have ever seen. It was literally like watching the collapse of the 14/15 all over again. No passion or desire to play for the shirt. Rowett's Derby is a lot more hard working. He's a manger in the style of Sean Dyche but at a bigger club (in terms of fan base) he needs time to build. The very fact that this team is in a playoff position shows how talented he is as a coach. 

When anyone mentions a talented young English manager, Rowett's name is always mentioned first. Have patience, and back the team instead of getting high rate about a small blip in form

If we look at the charts and discount Mac as a future manager,we should be seriously considering wassell....

I'd go so far as to say he should have gone on to manage us last season and had some continuity....he managed to drag us back into the play offs at any rate.

He's the talented young manager no one talks about.

Better than rowett?

Archived