Steve macs legacy

archied

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

And rowetts is all his own?

Yes suppose Carson Baird Keogh Ollson Forsyth  Thorn Vydra Anya Nugent Weimann are all his own?  He has to play these because Mclaren and Rush wasted it all and pushed us to the limit of FFP 

I went through the same phase, ex left me after 6 years, played the game but kept comparing them to my ex and couldn't fully move on. After a while I placed the ex in a box, locked her away at the back of my mind and moved on.

I'm now happy, been together with my girlfriend now just gone 3 years.

I can now look back when I see things that trigger a memory from the back of my mind, remember the good times and not obsess over the why's and what would have beens.

It's happened, she's there and I'm here.

So many women out there, all individuals, different, can enter your life at different stages of your life and bring happiness in there own unique way.

McClaren made me happy, Rowett makes me happy. 

Pearson was that one I wish I never even went for a drink with, jeez what a nutter.

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

If we look at the charts and discount Mac as a future manager,we should be seriously considering wassell....

I'd go so far as to say he should have gone on to manage us last season and had some continuity....he managed to drag us back into the play offs at any rate.

He's the talented young manager no one talks about.

Better than rowett?

Not a chance in hell. Wassall did reasonably ok because he’s a good man manager, but tactically he’s massively naive. No way is he better than rowett, still remember his quote of formations don’t matter.

4 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Apart from they did, it was only a new contract that stopped them getting him. Rowett has less history funnily enough because he’s only been a manager for about 5 years...

the only success he had was securing good contracts for himself and cracking payoffs for when he inevitably got the old tintac again again and once more again ,just a loser nothing more

9 minutes ago, Seaside Sam said:

the only success he had was securing good contracts for himself and cracking payoffs for when he inevitably got the old tintac again again and once more again ,just a loser nothing more

That in reference to Mac? Very harsh if true, don’t actually remember him handing out any lucrative deals other than the Martin one and his contract was only 1 year so his payout wouldn’t exactly have been jaw dropping. Don’t think he should have been brought back myself, but he hardly did a bad job when he was.

12 minutes ago, Seaside Sam said:

You think Mel would have learnt when he extended Rowetts deal wouldn't you!

18 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

That in reference to Mac? Very harsh if true, don’t actually remember him handing out any lucrative deals other than the Martin one and his contract was only 1 year so his payout wouldn’t exactly have been jaw dropping. Don’t think he should have been brought back myself, but he hardly did a bad job when he was.

never said anything about players contracts was talking about him and his staff

37 minutes ago, Seaside Sam said:

Apart from getting us to Wembley. And winning the Eredivisie with FC Twente. And winning a League Cup with Boro. And getting them to the UEFA Cup final. Oh, and all the coaching success at United. Apart from all that, he is, as you say, 'just a loser' :huh:

2 hours ago, 86 points said:

Apart from getting us to Wembley. And winning the Eredivisie with FC Twente. And winning a League Cup with Boro. And getting them to the UEFA Cup final. Oh, and all the coaching success at United. Apart from all that, he is, as you say, 'just a loser' :huh:

You forgot to mention his second spell at Twente walked out with them bottom of the league Wolfsburg sacked Forest 8points from first 30 resigned Newcastle got himself a five year contract and a directorship just couldn't win matches sacked again Maccabi TelAvi coach couldn't hack it walked out Back in Blighty but nobody will touch him 

40 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

You forgot to mention his second spell at Twente walked out with them bottom of the league Wolfsburg sacked Forest 8points from first 30 resigned Newcastle got himself a five year contract and a directorship just couldn't win matches sacked again Maccabi TelAvi coach couldn't hack it walked out Back in Blighty but nobody will touch him 

More fool them, they obviously all have owners as unstable as Mel!

7 hours ago, David said:

I went through the same phase, ex left me after 6 years, played the game but kept comparing them to my ex and couldn't fully move on. After a while I placed the ex in a box, locked her away at the back of my mind and moved on.

I'm now happy, been together with my girlfriend now just gone 3 years.

I can now look back when I see things that trigger a memory from the back of my mind, remember the good times and not obsess over the why's and what would have beens.

It's happened, she's there and I'm here.

So many women out there, all individuals, different, can enter your life at different stages of your life and bring happiness in there own unique way.

McClaren made me happy, Rowett makes me happy. 

Pearson was that one I wish I never even went for a drink with, jeez what a nutter.

So Girlfreind no 1 was SM who has been around the block a bit but pretty on the eye; GR is no 3 who is a younger model however not as pretty on the eye and more direct ? Sounds like you are still comparing them to me !

Dare I ask who Mel is in this analogy, not Boycie I hope ?

37 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

So Girlfreind no 1 was SM who has been around the block a bit but pretty on the eye; GR is no 3 who is a younger model however not as pretty on the eye and more direct ? Sounds like you are still comparing them to me !

Dare I ask who Mel is in this analogy, not Boycie I hope ?

I thought my ex was the one, she was a bit of a wally but she was my wally, well that was until someone else caught her eye though and that was that.

Current girlfriend is bloody great, much better looking, vast improvement on the ex, knows how to organise my sock drawer and very clinical in her housework. 

I must also point out here that my girlfriend is not only a member but an avid reader of this forum (great woman) so I have to be very careful here. 

Boycie is the one I wish I never went for a drink with. That's not a analogy. 

Archived