Steve macs legacy

archied

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Alpha said:

Actually I don't care for criticising Rowett. I'm just defending the ******** made up about McClaren. 

McClaren did well for Derby. Both times. I can move on. As can most people who still love his time here. It's more the haters that can't let go.

You know the guys who weren't marching on Wembley believing we'd win? The guys not celebrating the numerous 3, 4, 5 goal smashings we handed out? The guys not dancing in the rain v Brighton? The guys gutted with our recovery from the Nigel "won't put up with bottlers" Pearson era.

Yeah, those guys that have an alternate history because they think if you rate Mac it means you have to like him as a person and hate Rowett.

Those guys who went into full dummy spitting mode after we missed out on promotion  (and will be the first to do it again)

Those guys who insisted it wouldn't happen under tough Pearson, plan A-Z Clement and Rowett. 

The guys who screamed "sell all the bottlers!!" And now they're gone (4 of them to the PL) it's still happening.

Good post ,personally I try to look at both separately , I liked a lot of the mac1 , 2 era but doesn’t mean I can’t like rowett era and visa versa ,

on the letting ince go but spending 7 mill on Lawrence my guess is that they felt they were letting ince go at the top end of his career value and getting in Lawrence whose value will increase because of age if the judgement of his potential and rowetts ability to coach him in a team that’s helps him shine is right , time will tell 

As an extra comment the clement era was probably in my view the most damaging ,, who picked the players to buy or why we bought them is under some cloud of doubt but it was a pretty damaging era in terms of finances and underperforming hard to move players moving forwards

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

That to me is incredible. 

Do you think Derby Fans have taken to Rowett. 

no not really,just think we are always looking for someone to blame when things go wrong,human nature i guess we can all be guilty i have no doubt we all want the same thing at heart success for the super rams,yes.

Just now, Seaside Sam said:

no not really,just think we are always looking for someone to blame when things go wrong,human nature i guess we can all be guilty i have no doubt we all want the same thing at heart success for the super rams,yes.

and yes i think fans will always take to ex players it's a nostalgia thing isn't it

My expectation is that we will make the play-offs from our current position. However, if we drop out of the play-offs, will we have a new manager again next season? I hope not, because I think we need stability, but history says that it is likely we will.

On 2/25/2018 at 11:59, Mistaram said:

Roy say a lot of things for the sake of it But to say Stoke never really wanted him is one of the dimmest  How the hell can you compere Rowetts history to McLarens he's over twenty years younger I know you don't do stats but if you go to the trouble to check you will see he has better win ratio at Derby than Mclaren had 

13 but I'm being pedantic.

At the same age Macca was in his 4th year at Boro, having already racked up 4 years as assistant at Derby and 2 more at United.

Rowett has had more time as a number one, but can't learn the same lessons lower down the league as Mac experienced before joining us.

Mac would of course go with Premier League mentality and big players, whereas Rowett will bring more emphasis on lower league issues and tight spending.  Both have their merits, but surely the expectations on Rowett need to be lowered by comparison.  He will make mistakes with us but at least he will keep moving in the right direction.

Archived