Steve macs legacy

archied

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rynny said:

It was actually 7 starts, 5 league (Sunderland, Wolves, Leeds, Burton and Barnsley) and league cup (Grimsby and Barnsley).

1 hour ago, rynny said:

Twente were 5th when he left, 6 points behind PSV who were top.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/21574534

He quit because the fans were not happy because they were not top of the table and the only reason they were demanding that was because he won the league for them. Sound familiar, a mid table side does well under Mac who then demand success ever since and are not happy that he doesn't quite achieve what he did when he returns?

58 minutes ago, rynny said:

No he left Boro to become England manager

Don't waste your time with facts, you'll only end up repeating them ad nauseam.

2 hours ago, rynny said:

Twente were 5th when he left, 6 points behind PSV who were top.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/21574534

He quit because the fans were not happy because they were not top of the table and the only reason they were demanding that was because he won the league for them. Sound familiar, a mid table side does well under Mac who then demand success ever since and are not happy that he doesn't quite achieve what he did when he returns?

No I think you will find Derby fans turned when he only won 3league matches out of of 14 sending us plummeting down the table that's why he was sacked But don't let the truth get in the way of your bias 

9 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

No I think you will find Derby fans turned when he only won 3league matches out of of 14 sending us plummeting down the table that's why he was sacked But don't let the truth get in the way of your bias 

I’d hardly call sixth to tenth a plummet…

1 hour ago, Mistaram said:

What would you call 3out of 14 then a blip It wouldn't have mattered if he took us to bottom three you would still think he was harshly treated 

No

He was hired to get us away from the relegation zone and playing football again

He had to go backs to the wall for a few months to grind out the results necessary

It fell apart because he tried to change too much in January, he signed De Sart and Nugent to be the two pivots but they weren’t enough

So I don’t call it a blip or a collapse, he was trying to remould the team mid-season

Archived