LAUGHING STOCK ..CANT HANDLE PRESSURE

NottsRammy

7 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Are you privy to behind the scenes knowledge? How do you know when Russell told Rowett? How do you know we weren't looking for alternatives? Too many assumptions, not enough knowledge.

Well considering GR stated in a public press conference that JR had been offered several contracts, had declined each one and made up his mind that his dream was to play in the MLS from the get go. I think it's pretty obvious we would be a player down prior to the window opening(?) and that we'd need a replacement.

It's fine looking for alternatives, but very amateur if you can't get a deal done for a single one of them and later end up being a player down for it.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Russell not a big loss; Palmer is an excellent footballer who will be a great contributor with more game time; GR needs to stop repeating defensive stats in interviews and address why we score three away from home and lead twice and don't win. This is the difference between promotion and not; questions after today and 3 points from 12 ain't good 

Pahh.... some fans.

Sure defensive errors cost us the win. Reading were there for the taking, any other day we could have scored 4 or 5. 

Had either Jeromes header or shot gone in, it would have been game over. There were still positive performances out there, we didn’t miss Vydra for starters, Palmer was s real handful and Lawrence had them worried; he’s getting his mojo back.

Roll in Fulham, all to play for.

Some fans need a reality check, we still are a average side massively over achieving - now we are probably getting the results that we should have been getting all season.

OMG - if this side got promotion, we would have to buy aleast 20 new players for the prem - these players are not good enough for promotion and maintaining prem status.

22 minutes ago, toddy said:

Some fans need a reality check, we still are a average side massively over achieving - now we are probably getting the results that we should have been getting all season.

OMG - if this side got promotion, we would have to buy aleast 20 new players for the prem - these players are not good enough for promotion and maintaining prem status.

In your opinion, however I would say that we have a top 6 team, other than wolves we are as good or better than the rest of the league.

Well here’s an idea, let’s just have threads that don’t contain criticisms/observations that question our recent form or the manager.

Of course there’s going to be unpalatable stuff posted at the moment, I saw such a post earlier saying Baird must never play for us ever again, utter tripe, I didn’t respond to it because I understand people write stuff in the heat of the moment, well I do anyway, got me banned once, but I must say, for me, calling a thread pure aids is up there in the poor taste department as the posts that poster finds hard to stomach. 

34 minutes ago, toddy said:

Take out Vydra and Carson and this team is a midtable team at best

12 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

In your opinion, however I would say that we have a top 6 team, other than wolves we are as good or better than the rest of the league.

Sorry Andy but can’t agree with that. The likes of Villa, Fulham and Cardiff are currently way ahead and I honestly think two of those three will accompany Wolves up to the Premier League. We have been punching above our weight for most of the season and we are definitely not as good as those three; they have better quality all round and invested well in the transfer window compared to us. Not saying our signings were terrible; both Jerome and Palmer played well today, but we are lacking that bit of quality in midfield that can change games. Would love to have seen a Bryson type midfielder in the side today and we should have strengthened in that area back in January. 

It’s certainly not all doom and gloom but realistically we are going to be battling for a playoff place now. 

1 hour ago, curb said:

Swapping Archie Gemmill for John Middleton was a 'disaster' transfer. 

This last window has just been ' not particularly great' but hardly a 'disaster'. 

Yep that probably does just about trump Leighton James for Don Masson

Very disappointing, we are the laughing stock of the whole country. Actually we are the laughing stock of the whole world of football. Load of bottlers, I’d make them work in the pits compulsory and give their money to charity, maybe to save Hartlepool Utd . The abuse by Affluent Adomah seems to have got to many of the players and caused a ripple in the squad. 

14 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Sorry Andy but can’t agree with that. The likes of Villa, Fulham and Cardiff are currently way ahead and I honestly think two of those three will accompany Wolves up to the Premier League. We have been punching above our weight for most of the season and we are definitely not as good as those three; they have better quality all round and invested well in the transfer window compared to us. Not saying our signings were terrible; both Jerome and Palmer played well today, but we are lacking that bit of quality in midfield that can change games. Would love to have seen a Bryson type midfielder in the side today and we should have strengthened in that area back in January. 

It’s certainly not all doom and gloom but realistically we are going to be battling for a playoff place now. 

No need to be sorry, it’s all about opinions.  I agree that the January window wasn’t great, the decision to let Martin and Russel go definitely weakened us, however it’s off the pitch for me where we are significantly weaker.  

Even though we spent 4.5m on a defender and have him on the bench, we bring a player in from the cold who then becomes one of our best performers only to leave him out, and we wont change formation regardless of what the score is, I still beleive we have the squad to rival both Villa and Cardiff, sadly though not the manager. 

2 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

No need to be sorry, it’s all about opinions.  I agree that the January window wasn’t great, the decision to let Martin and Russel go definitely weakened us, however it’s off the pitch for me where we are significantly weaker.  

Even though we spent 4.5m on a defender and have him on the bench, we bring a player in from the cold who then becomes one of our best performers only to leave him out, and we wont change formation regardless of what the score is, I still beleive we have the squad to rival both Villa and Cardiff, sadly though not the manager. 

:thumbsup:

Just now, AdamRam said:

Who is the 4.5 million pound defender 

2 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Who is the 4.5 million pound defender 

Well there was only two defenders on the bench....however I presume by the probing question you are going to tell me that the fee wasn’t that high....unless he was a free I’m sure the pint isn’t lost on you ?

Just now, AdamRam said:

Well there was only two defenders on the bench....however I presume by the probing question you are going to tell me that the fee wasn’t that high....unless he was a free I’m sure the pint isn’t lost on you ?

Presuming you meant Wisdom we only spent 2 million on him, I say only reservedly but wasn't the 4.5 million you quoted 

2 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Presuming you meant Wisdom we only spent 2 million on him, I say only reservedly but wasn't the 4.5 million you quoted 

4.5m deal I believe ? Anyhow the point still stands, if GR thought Baird was better why spend that amount in the first place.

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Take out Vydra and Carson and this team is a midtable team at best

And that’s the point. These guys are part of a team that we, supposedly, support. We are 4th; we have everything to play for and we won’t be going down this season. We have no entitlement to promotion; we have no guarantee that we’ll be successful. That’s the reason why we love football and why we especially love Derby County FC. Stop fu**ing moaning and get behind the team!!!

Archived