Reading v Derby County

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An average team can still be organised out of possession. One going for promotion has got to be good technically in possession. I’m afraid recently, we have not been able to control the football and the tempo for long enough to be seen as genuine contenders. Sorry to be negative but that’s what I’m seeing. 

3 minutes ago, caymanram said:

In truth.....given what we have been going for over the last 6 months...yes, that’s what it feels like.....and in truth amounts to. This was must-win...... just a fact if we were pushing for top two. That must be over now and there must be some doubt whether we actually stay in the top 6...

And the last game was must win, and the game before that. But we were still in the mix. 

Remeber befire Christmas when the consensus was that Cardiff and wolves were uncatchabke, and if anyone was likely to catch Cardiff it would be Bristol. 

A lot of football to be played between now and the end of the season. 

I’m not saying ‘keep the faith and it will all turn out right’, but who knows what will happen between now and then. 

4 minutes ago, caymanram said:

In truth.....given what we have been going for over the last 6 months...yes, that’s what it feels like.....and in truth amounts to. This was must-win...... just a fact if we were pushing for top two. That must be over now and there must be some doubt whether we actually stay in the top 6...

please get real,not must win at all think your taking it a bit too badly

We need to regroup, and get back to the basics. We have enough goals going forward with this team, we just need to make sure we're solid through the middle of the team. There is no reason why we can't go on another long run, we just need to consolidate, and start from the beginning like we did back in October. We can still go up through the playoffs.

Just now, Seaside Sam said:

please get real,not must win at all think your taking it a bit too badly

We will have to agree to disagree. In relation to top two and the other results it was a must-win in my view. Even more so against the quality of the  opposition.

Crikey, gonna be embarrassing against Fulham....

Archived