Reading v Derby County

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has become quite a defining game. 

As much as people will say they're happy with a point, considering the circumstances late on in the game. Last night was Points dropped, make no mistake about that. 

We have big games v Fulham, Villa, Preston and Boro. And if we can't finish off team like Leeds at home, or a struggling Reading side at away -  then we only have ourselves to blame. 

Agree with the post above - drawing games and remaining unbeaten is a flawed stat. Drawing three games is as good as winning one and losing two. Don't be fooled. 

Needs a statement of intent on Saturday. Big three points required. Organised, powerful and dominant please Gary. 

I'd reward Palmer with a start out wide, looked slick when he came on. Great link up with Vydra and Weimann on a couple of occasions.

Performance overall wasn’t that bad but a few changes needed for me, it was abundantly clear where we lacked against Leeds, but it’s whether we have the personnel in the squad to rectify it...

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies Baird

Huddlestone Ledley

Weimann Vydra Palmer

Jerome

Both Olson and Forsyth are liabilities so until we can get shot of the pair and sort out that position in the summer we are probbaly better playing both Baird and wisdom, our two best fullbacks. God knows whether Palmer is really any good on the left but I’m pretty sure I’d be more effective than Lawrence so he has to be worth a shot, least he doesn’t seem to shoot from stupid places. Not convinced Jerome will get the goals we need from our strikers at the minute, but with Nugent playing so poor last night we’ve got little choice. Could be Thorne or ledley don’t really mind, long as they create space for Huddlestone.

All a bit desperate now after a poor January has left us with no options to fix our problems. Guess Gary just has to do everything he can with what we have left and maybe we’ll just about hold on to the playoffs. Sadly I fear a disappointing end to the season, and yet I’m gonna put myself through the a 5 hour round trip to go to this one! The joys of being a football fan:lol:

Think scrapping out a win is what we need. Something to lift the mood around the club. Reading from when I last saw them like to pass the ball. Play an energetic team to get up in their face and press them.

Carson

wisdom Keogh Davies Fozzy

Ledley Huddlestone

Palmer   Vydz   Weimann

Jerome

Press them high, they will leave space in behind for Huddlestone to play those lovely passes into. Weimann and Palmer pressing high. Wait for the gaps to appear and counter. Utilise the pace in this team with the front 4 and goals will come.

Really think home games are the ones where huddz and Thorne should play next to each other, huddz to play his usual play making game and Thorne to pick a clever pass to unlock a defence.

1 hour ago, Parsnip said:

Damn right baby. And release Vydra from the shackles of his #10 role. How do you feel about that?

I actually think these some merit in playing the four who are best with the ball at their feet, so Vydra and Palmer between Weimann and Lawrence (not Johnson) would be challenging for Reading and would ensure we kept the ball on the ground.

We should pay Lawrence by the pass so he plays with his team mates more and he should be banned from free kicks. Vydra has taken some belters and is our leading scorer. Come on Gary, make it his.

4 hours ago, HariboWest said:

This has become quite a defining game. 

As much as people will say they're happy with a point, considering the circumstances late on in the game. Last night was Points dropped, make no mistake about that. 

We have big games v Fulham, Villa, Preston and Boro. And if we can't finish off team like Leeds at home, or a struggling Reading side at away -  then we only have ourselves to blame. 

Agree with the post above - drawing games and remaining unbeaten is a flawed stat. Drawing three games is as good as winning one and losing two. Don't be fooled. 

Needs a statement of intent on Saturday. Big three points required. Organised, powerful and dominant please Gary. 

I'd reward Palmer with a start out wide, looked slick when he came on. Great link up with Vydra and Weimann on a couple of occasions.

Whilst drawing three is indeed as good/bad as winning one and losing two in terms of points gained, you also have to take into account the points you may be preventing your rivals from picking up. For example, would a win against Reading and defeats against Villa and Fulham be as good as drawing against them all? 

We got properly mugged off at our place. They play the system that seems to nullify ours with ease. The definition of stupidity is to do the same thing again but expect a different outcome so on that basis

Carson     

Wisdom.   Keogh.    Davis 

anya.      Hudds.  Ledley Palmer  Olsen     

Vydra.   Weimann 

Solid with flair and never going to happen in a million years. But anyway, more importantly, will be arriving around midday, where are the boys and girls gathering for pre match drinkies??

12 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Nose

Up Line   Lock   Ice  A Card

Fruit  Pocket

Up Truck Guitar   Axe 

N Mix

This team picks itself :whistle:

Need to hyphenate the double barrel names

Carson

wisdom.          Keogh.                  Davies.         Fozzy

Hudds.                  Ledley 

wiemen.                           Vydra.                        Palmer

Nudgent 

for me hudds and ledley is the pairing that works best and should be regular till end of season barring injury and suspension,,, Ledley really brings out the best in hudds in my view , covers him ,allows him to push on a bit and there is no confusion over roles and who is the playmaker good as George can be when right he is not right just now and hudds Ledley is the pairing that compliments each other the most,

palmer must be blooded and start games now ,from the little I have seen he could be that spark player , quality and there’s a confidence and arrogance that is missing in Lawrence just now if wiemen plays poor switch Palmer right and bring Lawrence on ,, vydra must be doing 90 minutes in games ,I don’t want him be subbed unless it’s necessary or we have the game won and in the bag ,even if that means pushing him forward a bit and making the 4 more fluid in search of a spark and goals when needed ,

another must win game? Before kick off yes , other results based or the way the game pans out based ,who bloody knows ,

ive lost that hold on to second desperation feeling I got once we were there and am now back in the get out there ,play the best we can ,win as many as we can mindset and see where that takes us 

come on derby ,,,,, ps come on god it must be about our turn ffs 

Archived