Selling the Crown Jewels ..

Ram8

20 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Don't ever blame Rowett for Hughes laving he told him he wanted Prem football  We still have chance of finishing top two something we never achieved with Martin and Hughes in the team ( less talented players in their place ) Huddlestone and Ledley have done things in the game Hughes and Martin can only dream of We've only lost six times all season ffs 

I don’t understand why people peddle this narrative that Willberforce gave Rowett some sort of ultimatum or whatever.

Chances are it was a case of;

”We’ve had a bid from Watford Will, if you wish to leave you can.”

”Okay Gaz, I feel like I should take the move.”

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, cannable said:

I don’t understand why people peddle this narrative that Willberforce gave Rowett some sort of ultimatum or whatever.

We’ve had a bid from Watford ,do you want to stay? 

It was the right move for will and it was the right move for us ,he needed a new challenge we needed cash to freshen up and rebuild ,, how long we gonna moan and gnashing teeth

2 hours ago, ramblur said:

Seems to me that we're in a rut because a variety of players (including Vyds) haven't taken the chances on offer. Not much a manager can do about that.

Not so sure about that, the manager has sold players that have good goal ratios for Derby.  If the replacements aren’t good enough to put the chances away then surely he has influenced this?

1 hour ago, cannable said:

wrong!

we had a bid.

i want to leave.. i really want to play in the PL.

well after several years of good service and our club no nearer to the PL than when we were 4 years ago... then we would be an arse to stand in your way wouldnt we?

1 hour ago, AdamRam said:

Not so sure about that, the manager has sold players that have good goal ratios for Derby.  If the replacements aren’t good enough to put the chances away then surely he has influenced this?

He sent 2 out on loan and brought 2 in. One of these was scoring goals,but got a bad injury,whilst it's too soon to tell about the other,although I don't readily remember any clear chances he's missed. Much as I'm a great admirer of CM,it'd probably be true to say that CJ's goal to game time ratio doesn't suffer in comparison this season.

In my original post I meant that a manager can't do anything about missed chances on the pitch,as they arise.

2 hours ago, cannable said:

Can only repeat what Rowett said on RDerby that he had spoken to Will and he said he wanted a go at the Premiership  Take it anyway you like don't suppose we will ever know  What we do know Will was under contract so he made the decision whether to leave or stay that's something we can't argue about 

We are having a good season, results wise. Hopefully tomorrow we can 'get back on track' with a win. IMO we should have stuck with Mac last season but that is in the past (Hakuna Matata!).

We played very well first half on Wednesday. Our finishing was obviously poor though and, uncharacteristically, so was our defending, As a consequence, a game we should have won became a game where a point was a good result. In 2013-14 we were the third best team in the league but we blew our chance (even though we completely out-played QPR) and, as hard as it is, that's the way it goes sometimes. 

Plenty of mistakes have been made since then especially, IMO, the appointment of Pearson. That is the reason why last season was wasted. Rowett is our manager now and we need to get behind him and the team for the rest of the season. COYR!

6 hours ago, cannable said:

Yes I agree. It's the most likely scenario. Nothing more to be read into it.

On 2/22/2018 at 00:04, Ram8 said:

Nugent .. ? better than Martin

Jerome .. ? better than Martin

Ledley .. ? better than Hughes 

Ledley .. ? better than Elsnick 

Wisdom .. ? better than Christie

Yes, I know, put it like that and Rowett’s decisions and preferences re the above players are now looking even more ludicrous (not to mention costly re our chances of retaining ‘top two automatics’) than they did when he made his judgements on letting our better players go on loan, or be sold; and chose inferior (and less talented) players in their places !

So, come on then, anyone who thinks that Rowett’s decisions re the above players (and in particular letting Martin and Hughes go) hasn’t cost us our top two position .. 

Justify your views after Nugent, Jerome and Ledley’s totally ineffective contributions tonight; and tell me how you believe that having Martin and Hughes in our team would not have given us a win tonight .. 

I had to read this a couple of times. I think most people like Elsnik and who knows whether he would have turned into a regular starter if given a chance, but you can't knock Ledley's contribution. We literally went from mid table into the promotion race as soon as he signed. I know you could argue just how big his impact was in that, but you certainly can't argue that it wasn't significant. 

Martin, in this team, is just a waste. It's a massive shame, but both Nugent & Jerome seemingly suit it better. Nugent's lost form, sure, but he's such an ideal option in a race for promotion. In our last promotion race we needed a 'Zamora' type, Nugent fits the bill. 

Christie better than Wisdom? I can't even begin to dignify that with an answer. I know other people may see it a bit closer, but it's huge for me. 

Out of everyone, the one player that you could have argued was Ince. He was just as hard working as Lawrence, but he scored more goals. He had all round better decision making. He's by far and away the player we've missed the most. 

56 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I had to read this a couple of times. I think most people like Elsnik and who knows whether he would have turned into a regular starter if given a chance, but you can't knock Ledley's contribution. We literally went from mid table into the promotion race as soon as he signed. I know you could argue just how big his impact was in that, but you certainly can't argue that it wasn't significant. 

Martin, in this team, is just a waste. It's a massive shame, but both Nugent & Jerome seemingly suit it better. Nugent's lost form, sure, but he's such an ideal option in a race for promotion. In our last promotion race we needed a 'Zamora' type, Nugent fits the bill. 

Christie better than Wisdom? I can't even begin to dignify that with an answer. I know other people may see it a bit closer, but it's huge for me. 

Out of everyone, the one player that you could have argued was Ince. He was just as hard working as Lawrence, but he scored more goals. He had all round better decision making. He's by far and away the player we've missed the most. 

Spot on.

I stand by my instigation of this post, and will do so until I am proven wrong by the manager’s success in taking this team up with his system, tactics and philosophy ..

and if he does so then I will congratulate him .. 

18 minutes ago, Ram8 said:

I stand by my instigation of this post, and will do so until I am proven wrong by the manager’s success in taking this team up with his system, tactics and philosophy ..

and if he does so then I will congratulate him .. 

this team cant manage a calender season of conistancy, just as your precious crown jewels never managed it.

I still think GR is a better manager than McClaren, clement or anyone else, and i think his teams are set up more conducive for consistant positive results.

2 hours ago, jagerbob said:

this team cant manage a calender season of conistancy, just as your precious crown jewels never managed it.

I still think GR is a better manager than McClaren, clement or anyone else, and i think his teams are set up more conducive for consistant positive results.

I  can't agree.......I really cant.

I think we really have had no more than a lucky run in the middle of our season under gr.

He is a decent chap,believes in what he does but he's too cautious,too predictable and lacking genuine flair and experience.

Hughes and Ince were in a team last season that were nowhere near the playoffs. Now we’re right in the mix! We’re going to probably score the most goals this season since 14/15 season.

Rowett has improved the team - FACT. Might not be enough for promotion but it’s improvement. Ince and Hughes left along with others, while technically they might be better than what we have now (though I’d argue Lawrence will end up a better player than Ince and while different to Hughes Huddlestone has a lot of ability), the balance of the team was totally wrong! Hence why we were mid table!

I was a McClaren fan, I loved Hughes Bryson Hendrick and Martin, also Jonny. But the team didn’t get over the line and they’re gone! People need to stop living in the past and support the present who are trying to build success, and have a genuine interest and love for the club! 

7 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I  can't agree.......I really cant.

I think we really have had no more than a lucky run in the middle of our season under gr.

He is a decent chap,believes in what he does but he's too cautious,too predictable and lacking genuine flair and experience.

What’s McClaren doing now? How many recent opportunities have there been for him to get back into football over here yet no one has gone near him. Harsh on him I think but it’s true.

You talk about Rowett being predictable. McClaren only had one way of playing and when teams sussed it we lost matches! Every week we were saying we lost but we played so well, better than the opposition. Moral victories!! Mean nothing.

Rowett will be judged in time. Too early to say if he’s been a good manager for Derby or not. But right now, every single stat you can point to will say he’s improved us. It cannot be denied!!

2 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Rowett will be judged in time. Too early to say if he’s been a good manager for Derby or not. But right now, every single stat you can point to will say he’s improved us. It cannot be denied!!

How long did Mac get before being judged?

Interested in your stats what are they?

Archived