Selling the Crown Jewels ..

Ram8

1 hour ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

I know we didn't go up, that's why I said we were very close to doing.

I just find it daft to suggest we'd never have gone up playing that way when it got us to a play off final, ONE game away from doing so. 

One defensive lapse cost us, it had nothing to do with the style we played.

I agree that you can go up playing that way ,you just have to be good enough at it and have a good enough team / squad just as you can go up playing different ways if you are good enough ,, probably cost much more or you need very good scouting system to do it the first way and it’s harder to keep hold of those players or not have them unsettled if you don’t make it first time ,

where I disagree with you is that one defensive lapse cost us ,,, not true

we were not good enough to go up automatically, we were not good enough to score against and beat a ten man qpr ,they scored and won it , there is nothing to say that they could/would not have beaten us in extra time or penalties ,, to put not going up down to one defensive lapse is just plain daft ,,, we were not good enough to go up the next season , in fact we dropped like a stone and never even made play offs after a piss poor last day display ,,

forget romantic fantasy , we were not good enough to go up under Mac , whether we would have become good enough under Mac moving forward if he remained at the club is a different debate.

whether we are / will be good enough to go up under rowett remains to be seen so please don’t anybody turn this into a pointless rowett v Mac battle ,

It’s just a simple undeniable statement of facts ,, it’s far to easy to dismiss the fact that promotion is won over a long hard season with massive ups and downs and if you perform good enough over that season you are up , play offs are the same , you have to produce once you get in them if you do you go up .

our poor start is every bit as much to blame for us not being second today as our recent form ,,, the points we are on have been accumulated over all the games played so far

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, archied said:

I agree that you can go up playing that way ,you just have to be good enough at it and have a good enough team / squad just as you can go up playing different ways if you are good enough ,, probably cost much more or you need very good scouting system to do it the first way and it’s harder to keep hold of those players or not have them unsettled if you don’t make it first time ,

where I disagree with you is that one defensive lapse cost us ,,, not true

we were not good enough to go up automatically, we were not good enough to score against and beat a ten man qpr ,they scored and won it , there is nothing to say that they could/would not have beaten us in extra time or penalties ,, to put not going up down to one defensive lapse is just plain daft ,,, we were not good enough to go up the next season , in fact we dropped like a stone and never even made play offs after a piss poor last day display ,,

forget romantic fantasy , we were not good enough to go up under Mac , whether we would have become good enough under Mac moving forward if he remained at the club is a different debate.

whether we are / will be good enough to go up under rowett remains to be seen so please don’t anybody turn this into a pointless rowett v Mac battle ,

It’s just a simple undeniable statement of facts ,, it’s far to easy to dismiss the fact that promotion is won over a long hard season with massive ups and downs and if you perform good enough over that season you are up , play offs are the same , you have to produce once you get in them if you do you go up .

our poor start is every bit as much to blame for us not being second today as our recent form ,,, the points we are on have been accumulated over all the games played so far

Not trying to turn it into McClaren v Rowett. I think both their styles can get you out of this division, it doesn't have to be one or the other.

My original point was though there's no way of knowing at the moment we have more chance to go up now than then.

14 hours ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

How can you say it will never get you out this division when we were agonisingly close to doing so in his first season? 

There's absolutely no basis that we are more likely to go up now than we were then.

Views  Come back on here and tell me what division were in  I will tell you basis of why we are more likely to go up not playing Mac2 way. Statistics prove in recent seasons the only total playing football team to get promoted is Bournemouth You have to have mixture teams Like Burnley Hull Newcastle Brighton Leicester Palace thy didn't go up playing total football  That's not to say you shouldn't play some football but you have to mix it Huddersfield could do it Not sure Mac2  team could or he wouldn't allow them to 

6 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Not trying to turn it into McClaren v Rowett. I think both their styles can get you out of this division, it doesn't have to be one or the other.

My original point was though there's no way of knowing at the moment we have more chance to go up now than then.

Yep agree we don’t know whether we have more chance of going up now,, 

its results based game and there’s no getting away from that in the end ,,, Mac and rowetts job was/is to get us up and if they don’t achieve that they will lose their jobs ,,, timing of that is all about opinions

2 hours ago, Mistaram said:

Views  Come back on here and tell me what division were in  I will tell you basis of why we are more likely to go up not playing Mac2 way. Statistics prove in recent seasons the only total playing football team to get promoted is Bournemouth You have to have mixture teams Like Burnley Hull Newcastle Brighton Leicester Palace thy didn't go up playing total football  That's not to say you shouldn't play some football but you have to mix it Huddersfield could do it Not sure Mac2  team could or he wouldn't allow them to 

Swansea, Southampton and Watford

17 hours ago, Mistaram said:

That depends if you want promotion or not You know as much as everyone that fans were on here all the times complaining of his tippy tappy play it back possession at all costs football That's not hard to do all you have to do is play four midfielders it looks OK but it will never get you out of this division Look at Brentford best footballing side in the division  Do think Cardiff are up there playing possession football  The ones who liked Mac2 football are the ones who are frightened of the Prem 

You know we set record for our number of goals and points in this division? 

Mac 2 was nothing like Mac 1. He picked us from the arse of the Championship and had 1 transfer window to make a top 6 challenge. 

If we were tippy tappy at the back then how come we were more creative than we are now? 

Instead of making Cardiff why don't you name Wolves? Instead of Brentford name Fulham.

You named Newcastle who actually played some lovely stuff. 

Swansea, Bournemouth, Watford, Southampton and Brighton, Huddersfield all played closer to how we played under Mac than say Burnley under Dyche

You seem to be suggesting Mac obsessed with possession. We actually only averaged just over 50%. I think it was about 52% for one season. 1% more than Leicester who you list as a team that got promoted mixing it up.

22 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

The best way to get out of this division is win more games and get more points than anyone else....I find that no matter what style of football you play this has a 100% chance of getting promoted. 

but what about possession stats, surely that must have some bearing?

On ‎26‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 15:20, Alpha said:

You know we set record for our number of goals and points in this division? 

Mac 2 was nothing like Mac 1. He picked us from the arse of the Championship and had 1 transfer window to make a top 6 challenge. 

If we were tippy tappy at the back then how come we were more creative than we are now? 

Instead of making Cardiff why don't you name Wolves? Instead of Brentford name Fulham.

You named Newcastle who actually played some lovely stuff. 

Swansea, Bournemouth, Watford, Southampton and Brighton, Huddersfield all played closer to how we played under Mac than say Burnley under Dyche

You seem to be suggesting Mac obsessed with possession. We actually only averaged just over 50%. I think it was about 52% for one season. 1% more than Leicester who you list as a team that got promoted mixing it up.

:wub:

Archived