Derby County vs Leeds United

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bravo to the lads for getting something out of a game I thought our dominance would see us win. I can’t fault Rowett’s approach to the game, carelessness by players cost us both goals, not his instructions.

It would have been a travesty to have got nothing out of the game but I can’t help feeling cheesed of Cardiff have extended their lead over us.

10 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Do you think they see anything beyond their clenched fists and broken keyboard?

Pity they don't see a broken keyboard.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

This makes NO sense. He's the manager.

It makes perfect sense. It can’t always be themangers fault. If the system he puts in place creates a ton of chances, and our players seem to have lost their shooting boots, that’s not on the manager. He didn’t tie all their shoe laces together before the match. He did all he could do to stay them in the position to score the goals. And on many other days they would have (there was one point where we had a ridiculous goals to shot ratio, we were the kings of being clinical). Today was not that day. But I’m not sure how you can blame the manager if a striker misses a sitter. 

Perhaps you could say he should’ve played cam jam from the start in place of nugent. But hindsight’s by a wonderful thing. 

Just now, superzak said:

I'm sure he couldn't give a toss on his money lol we all have our opinions and I'm sure hes a decent guy but I don't think we will make the premiership without a foreign manager.

Really?! That’s even more bizarre. There’s not a single British manager in the game that could get us promoted. That thought just makes me sad.

Would any foreign manager do, do you think? Do you have some names in mind? Or maybe if they just sound a bit foreign, would that do for you?

3 minutes ago, superzak said:

I'm sure he couldn't give a toss on his money lol we all have our opinions and I'm sure hes a decent guy but I don't think we will make the premiership without a foreign manager.

I take it you're ruling out promotion for Villa, Cardiff, Bristol City, Sheff Utd, Boro, Preston and Brentford then, should make the run in interesting, or is it just Derby that need a foreign manager to go up?

5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

So was McClaren at fault for the poor run last season then you admit? In which case he was rightly sacked, I presume?

It comes down to whether the manager turns it around, or is given time to turn it around.

Pretty boring game made interesting by how ordinary L**ds were - there for the taking...

Entertaining at times. Leeds comprehensively outsang us. Where were the south stand!?!?

Thought Huddlestone played well. He really can find a pass anywhere.

Just feels like we’ve lost the luck/killer instinct/solidity (delete as appropriate) that gave us a good run.

Start planning for the play offs.

3 minutes ago, superzak said:

Jokanovic( Fulham manager) would have been my first choice before Rowett took charge. He’s a proper manager and plays football in the right way.

Archived