Too many draws?

SuperDerbySuperRams

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

We just don’t have enough going forward to create oppourtunities to win tight games imo. Particularly in the wide areas there just isn’t enough threat to get the wins to secure a top 2 place. You have to be relentlessly winning to get autos and our recent form simply hasn’t been that. You look at teams like villa with players like adomah with 12 goals from out wide and you can see why they’ll get autos and we won’t. Just the way it is with us being restricted by FFP and losing Ince we just haven’t been able a team that has quite the attacking bite and creativity to match our excellent defence, which is a shame because we really aren’t more than a couple of players off. Still the playoffs and the hope villa bottle it like we have before mind so it’s far from done!

It's probably now the perfect moment to bed in Palmer and see how he gets on for a run of games.  Was exactly that type during Huddersfield's run in. 

7 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

We were outplayed today but we only had one real effort on goal and now with Jerome we looked very one dimensional and our wide players are non threatening 

...........and we got a draw and did not let a goal in from open play

...........and Fulham and Bristol City could not win against supposedly easy to beat teams!!!

...........and Cardiff could not beat Millwall after getting an early goal start.

............and we are second in a ROCK HARD LEAGUE

3 minutes ago, Rampage said:

...........and we got a draw and did not let a goal in from open play

...........and Fulham and Bristol City could not win against supposedly easy to beat teams!!!

...........and Cardiff could not beat Millwall after getting an early goal start.

............and we are second in a ROCK HARD LEAGUE

Yep I wasn’t doubting any of that and my comments were based on today’s game

1 hour ago, CWC1983 said:

Draws away are ok, but far too many at home. No creativity when it's required. 

Maddison showed us the type of player we are missing. 

A Will Hughes?

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Yep I wasn’t doubting any of that and my comments were based on today’s game

We have at worst a one in three chance, more likely a one in two chance of automatic promotion.

We need three teams to beat Villa eg Wolves, Fulham and US. (a draw against Brum would be nice)

If not then we are more likely to finish third.

51 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Whilst you're right on these points @nottingram, the very fact we're bemoaning 1 moment in each of these games suggests that we aren't doing enough to win matches. 

More bravery Gary!

I suppose that’s true but he’s probably never been in this position before. He’s probably the equivalent of a 20 year old player in manager terms, and is still learning.

Just now, nottingram said:

I suppose that’s true but he’s probably never been in this position before. He’s probably the equivalent of a 20 year old player in manager terms, and is still learning.

Yes....but now that we are seeing the number of lacklustre displays mount up - particularly at home - I would expect the training and coaching to be seen to be addressing issues. 

50 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

We were outplayed today but we only had one real effort on goal and now with Jerome we looked very one dimensional and our wide players are non threatening 

You know have to say you’re right. Jerome is a good lad but him and Vydra don’t link like Nuge and Vydra and yes for all J.R,s lack of accuracy at times, he raised our efforts. We seem very flat out wide.

The whole team seem more focussed on keeping shape than ripping into the opposition, it showed at one point when Jerome had 4 or 5 Norwich players up against him and no teammates bombing up alongside; we seemed to lack energy and without it we’re struggl8ng at home.

Right now we seem a better away team, difficult to break down and always a goal threat out of nothing with Vydra, hope Nugent gets back alongside him, would rather see Jerome as an impact sub. Ledley got to start Tues too, Thorne been very wasteful and looks a bit one paced at the minute.

We've suffered a few blows.

russell going has left us short. If we knew he was going then we really should have got a top quality winger in because even before that lawrence was struggling. I supect we lost a game of brinkmanship over contract renewal, and the lateness of the decision cost us dear.

Winnall's injury is a huge blow following on from releasing so many strikers.

and jerome? That was the sort of static non-performance i associated with him. we missed nugent's mobility and link ups with vydra.

changes for sheff wed. Ledley in. Nugent in. Weimann in. Thorne out. Jerome out. Probably anya out. 

12 unbeaten. How many draws? Hull sheff u millwall and brizzle now norwich. 7 wins? So 26 from 12 . Will take that average to the end of the season.

2 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

Draws away are ok, but far too many at home. No creativity when it's required. 

Maddison showed us the type of player we are missing. 

Totally agree. Home draws against Brum, Sheff Utd, Bristol and Norwich suggest a top six finish is more likely than an auto prom place. Fair enough, I would have taken 6th place at the beginning of the season, for sure. 

We just don't have have players with the creative penetration of Maddison. Then again, Norwich for whatever reason, do have a less points than Derby.  

I disagree with this theory.  The top two teams are usually the ones that have the least defeats.  They manage to get draws when lesser teams would lose.

The teams in the top two usually lose no more than 10 games across the season.  We are on track for that right now.

Also remember... 2 points per game is what we need.  That's a pattern of win-draw-win-draw.  We have been doing exactly that for a while now.  Continue doing that and we will end up with 88 points.

@RamNut  @philmycock

Good shout re Hughes. Surely there's a place in a team trying for promotion for a player like them? 

Easy for me to say, but with a touch if creativity we could be side by side with Wolves. 

Ach well, we will see at the end of the season, the one thing I can't fault is the effort of the team every game. 

Archived