Too many draws?

SuperDerbySuperRams

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Owd miner said:

I dunt reckon villa will lose again 

Think your confusing villa with man city?. We are capable of doing them over and so are Fulham .No team is invincible in this league and points will be dropped by all chasing promotion.

4 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Or me. I’m on record on here the day it was announced. 

You strike me as one of the more rational posters on here but I don't understand your rationale behind not wanting our top goalscorer back at a time when his attributes fitted in with our style of play. Would you care to elaborate on that? 

17 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

You strike me as one of the more rational posters on here but I don't understand your rationale behind not wanting our top goalscorer back at a time when his attributes fitted in with our style of play. Would you care to elaborate on that? 

Think he saw writing on the wall when Pearson came in, thought grass was greener elsewhere and went out on loan. Mac comes back..... stamps feet, but can’t do anything about it, gets a nice contract. 

Team we currently have now he’s behind 3 other players. £30k a week to sit on bench or out of 18..... he wants to be focal point and play every game, especially in the time of his career. He ain’t getting that at Derby no more.

Not saying I don’t like him, just think his time here is done I’m afraid. Will suit Reading down to a tee. Think we’ve evolved from how we used to be. We are a grittier team now, not a flamboyant silky team who are wide open.

I like to think I’m rational. However what I prefer is that I’m humble and will admit when I’m wrong, and won’t shout from the rooftops when I’m right. Some people won’t be like this. However each to their own 

2 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Think he saw writing on the wall when Pearson came in, thought grass was greener elsewhere and went out on loan. Mac comes back..... stamps feet, but can’t do anything about it, gets a nice contract. 

Team we currently have now he’s behind 3 other players. £30k a week to sit on bench or out of 18..... he wants to be focal point and play every game, especially in the time of his career. He ain’t getting that at Derby no more.

Not saying I don’t like him, just think his time here is done I’m afraid. Will suit Reading down to a tee. Think we’ve evolved from how we used to be. We are a grittier team now, not a flamboyant silky team who are wide open.

Didn't we have one of the best defence records in the league under mac1? (plus the silky flamboyance)

2 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Must have misread what you was saying earlier. Thought you was implying that you didn't want him back from Fulham when Mac2 seduced him back. Can't disagree with most of what you've said above.

7 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Didn't we have one of the best defence records in the league under mac1? (plus the silky flamboyance)

Yeah we did..... but we had the ability to chuck a silly goal or two away when we won games..... I don’t feel that when we win games now.

5 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Must have misread what you was saying earlier. Thought you was implying that you didn't want him back from Fulham when Mac2 seduced him back. Can't disagree with most of what you've said above.

I didn’t want him back..... think last season was such a mess behind scenes.... we were pretty unstable. 

9 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Yeah we did..... but we had the ability to chuck a silly goal or two away when we won games..... I don’t feel that when we win games now.

It was pretty exciting though wasn't it....I know we have a tight defence now but I definitely miss that bit.

I wonder if gr doesn't need someone like Paul Simpson with him....gee him up a bit when we have gone off during a game...and bring subs on a bit earlier or be a little more daring.

We do seem to go very flat too often when we are drawing in my opnion.

5 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

I didn’t want him back..... think last season was such a mess behind scenes.... we were pretty unstable. 

That's the part I don't understand. He was integral to a McClaren side. All hypothetical but had we got him back in the January then it's very feasible to say that Mac wouldn't have been fired. However that's by the by. Just don't get why at the time you wouldn't want a pivotal cog in the team back.

Just now, Steve How Hard? said:

That's the part I don't understand. He was integral to a McClaren side. All hypothetical but had we got him back in the January then it's very feasible to say that Mac wouldn't have been fired. However that's by the by. Just don't get why at the time you wouldn't want a pivotal cog in the team back.

I do agree with this...Mac knew it too.

Perhaps in another alternate dimension,mac is still in charge,we are still in the top three and Martin is doing the business instead of/or with vydra!

11 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Could we have got him back without the offer of an improved contract?

Probably not, but it didn't help matters regarding Fulhams intransigence to releasing him during the window.

We ended up with a player on an improved contract coming back and not justifying his position to another more pragmatic manager. 

Not a problem if Mel intended to give Mac this season, but a pretty lousy  decision when in the end he didn't. 

Archived