Too many draws?

SuperDerbySuperRams

7 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Not living in the past but discussing a past topic. Try and keep up.

The thread topic is "Too many draws" which is discussing the effect of drawn games on our league position NOW, and on our prospects for automatic promotion at the end of the season.

Our leading goalscorers in past seasons, be they Steve Bloomer, Kevin Hector, Bobby Davison, Chris Martin or whoever are not relevant to the current topic as none of them can affect our performances for the rest of the season.

I am excited to be in the "here and now" where automatic promotion is still a realistic prospect and fed up with reading about Chris Martin. He was brilliant for us but now he is a Reading player, at least for the rest of this season, so can we just move on?

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't it funny that when we win its as quiet as a grave on here then as soon as we have an off game out they all come again with all the hand wringing and the veiled and not so veiled I told you so comments . I'm just waiting for Richard Keogh to trip over and head one in his own net..................Imagine the old friends we will have to meet again then. 

2 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Isn't it funny that when we win its as quiet as a grave on here then as soon as we have an off game out they all come again with all the hand wringing and the veiled and not so veiled I told you so comments . I'm just waiting for Richard Keogh to trip over and head one in his own net..................Imagine the old friends we will have to meet again then. 

I think you'll find that when we win we all spend our time trying to calm b4 as he's convinced himself we're only 10 days away from overhauling Wolves......:lol:

4 hours ago, Saity said:

Some great points on here....I do agree it's hard to watch at times when we let the opposition seemingly dictate the game and we sit back and in truth is not how I would like us to play but GR seems to have got us playing an effective way of picking up points although I agree probably too many draws...

I don't know if anyone else has thought this but what if we don't go up this season ? and next season we will still have the older players on contracts.

will they be expected to go one better next season but a year older  and will we buy some younger players thus bloating the squad which is what GR said he didn't want ?

i really think we need to go up this season and turning a few draws into wins could be the difference 

the game away to Villa will be a massive game and one I think we can win ...Villa are not great Burton scored twice at there place and brum could've scored first yesterday and we are better than both of them...

imo team to start against weds would be

Carson

Baird.    Keogh.    Davies.  Forsyth 

Ledley.     Hudds

Weimann.      Vydra.        Lawrence 

Nugent 

I know Lawrence isn't exactly pulling up any trees but Id stick with him for confidence value for now ...Ledley and Baird must come back in and let's get Nugent and Vydra linking up again ...Jerome is a great option to come off the bench when players are tiring ...we have experienced players in our squad and now is not the time to panic but to pull together but I do think changes are required for weds 

I also think BJ will make a difference coming back from injury and could play in left mid and do think we've missed him a bit .....going to be lots of ups and downs in next couple of months ....we can do it :thumbsup:

Totally agree with your team for sheff weds, on the older players I’m not too worried as I think they were brought in with a two year plan in mind and I fully believe that if we have some real decent wide players brought in who have pace ,energy ,quality and good work rate when we don’t have the ball then we are going to be a force at this level still next season if we miss out on promotion this year ,I really don’t see hudds and Davies dropping off so Badly in a year ,, striking options may be a bit trickier with nuge age and will need looking at ,,

i think from looking at who we were trying to get but missed out on in jan window shows ( hopefully ) that rowett sees it that way 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived