Too many draws?

SuperDerbySuperRams

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Seaside Sam said:

what like Bristol have you mean.Keep unbeaten run going as long as possible

I'd rather lose than keep this "unbeaten run" going. Losing would require us to try to win subsequent games without players having the mentality we must not lose. That's why we loved McClaren's football when we were at our peak, he would often go for the jugular and play 4-2-4 when required. A win and a loss is better than 2 draws. Draws are fine for the play offs, but for the top 2, we need to start winning at home.

37 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Already said, you don’t rate Rowett. That’s twice in 3 posts. For about 23467 time (I may have exaggerated) who’d you prefer.....

No. You haven't said WHY I should say who I'd like as next manager, just that YOU think I ought to.

9 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Yes we are good enough to go up, do you spend a lot of time at the docs, because seems you do not spend to much time watching football, 2 defeats in 23 games and you say we are not good enough to go up, you are a joke mate, we might not go up, but coming on here and saying Villa will not lose another game, shows me you have NO clue about football, your last 2 posts are ridiculous, now get yourself booked in for a full check up.

#awkward 

Here we go,,,,, we are having a bloody good season , bloody good , and now we have done fantasticaly well to have reached and be in serious competition for second auto spot we have fans on here looking to moan and find fault in the manager because we have slipped to a point off second to villa who have spent spent spent on top of a prem squad already in place ,, the manager is not up to it ,too cautious , let the wrong players go ,brought the wrong ones in because we are not running away with second spot ? Total lunacy from some

you know what too ,, if you are going to state that the manager isn’t up to it then yes you should be telling us who you would put in place to get us in second and push on to be far better than villa ,we are in a rebuild with reducing financial outgoings a very big part of what’s required and making a real battle for promotion whilst doing it ,,,, yes you have every right to criticise but that doesnt make doing it any the less daft 

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

The youths of today. They have no respect for our miners who put their lives and limb on the line under Thatcher's regime. I do apologise on his behalf.

You seem to have a lot of knowledge about our miners, pity you have no knowledge on footballing matters, are you and owed miner related in anyway lol.

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

No. You haven't said WHY I should say who I'd like as next manager, just that YOU think I ought to.

I’ve asked many times over the course of this season..... evade away

16 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I'd rather lose than keep this "unbeaten run" going. Losing would require us to try to win subsequent games without players having the mentality we must not lose. That's why we loved McClaren's football when we were at our peak, he would often go for the jugular and play 4-2-4 when required. A win and a loss is better than 2 draws. Draws are fine for the play offs, but for the top 2, we need to start winning at home.

But if we do lose, I expect you to be not bothered when commenting on the match day then?

6 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

But if we do lose, I expect you to be not bothered when commenting on the match day then?

Yes that's correct. This unbeaten run has covered over the cracks. It will be better for us long term if we lose, then we can start again and it will force us to win again . I have been consistent and true to my word throughout the season

29 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Two windows in to rowett and both have not gone fully to plan in terms of players in ( it happens when you have to live in the real world of ffp) and you think the best plan is to throw caution to the wind and go for all out wins no matter what ? Never heard anything so daft in my life ,, does it not occur that perhaps rowett has us well overperforming to even be near second spot and that may well be down to organisation ,hard work ,not a little quality sprinkled in and a lot of confidence built from not getting 4/1 thumping from our top 6 rivals? 

Nah maybe your right , lets throw it all out and it may work and get us second spot but if it don’t and it all goes tits up and losing becomes more acceptable and then turns into a habit who cares? We can lose out on a play off spot on the last day with an unconfident totally inconsistent team that you never know what your going to get any time they cross the white line ,, err not for me thanks ,,, been there ,done that

5 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Yes that's correct. This unbeaten run has covered over the cracks. It will be better for us long term if we lose, then we can start again and it will force us to win again . I have been consistent and true to my word throughout the season

Your one of these so called fans, who want to see Mr Rowett fail, we as fans should want all managers to do well, and I will tell you something Gary Rowett is doing a fine job, building a great squad, and not losing is a great habit to get into, best manager we have had since Jimbo Smith, yes even better than your Mr Mac, tell me one club in England who would choose Mac over Mr Rowett, not one, we are so lucky to have Mr Rowett in charge, and believe me, he will get us to the prem, if not this year then next, but I still believe it will be this year, all great Managers start by being hard to beat, and we are doing very nicely under Gary's leadership, why can you not just admit, that Derby are now getting a well balanced, well drilled squad together,  with a great attitude, unlike some miserable gits on here lol.

3 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Your one of these so called fans, who want to see Mr Rowett fail, we as fans should want all managers to do well, and I will tell you something Gary Rowett is doing a fine job, building a great squad, and not losing is a great habit to get into, best manager we have had since Jimbo Smith, yes even better than your Mr Mac, tell me one club in England who would choose Mac over Mr Rowett, not one, we are so lucky to have Mr Rowett in charge, and believe me, he will get us to the prem, if not this year then next, but I still believe it will be this year, all great Managers start by being hard to beat, and we are doing very nicely under Gary's leadership, why can you not just admit, that Derby are now getting a well balanced, well drilled squad together,  with a great attitude, unlike some miserable gits on here lol.

:lol: Tell me anywhere where I said I want Rowett to fail? I'm one of his biggest fans, just wish he was a bit braver at times though.

32 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

I’ve asked many times over the course of this season..... evade away

You really aren't listening. You have indeed asked, MANY times. Each time I ask why should I say. Each time you say because I've asked.

I am not saying any names until you explain why I need to. I am not a fan of Rowett and I'm not saying who I'd like as manager of Derby. :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

:lol: Tell me anywhere where I said I want Rowett to fail? I'm one of his biggest fans, just wish he was a bit braver at times though.

You have always been negative of his tactics, and for me Rowett is a brave manager, bringing on forwards with 20 minutes to go and getting goals in the last minute, also he has great knowledge of the game, knowing we had to tightened up the defence if we had any chance promotion this season, also makes some brave decisions in the transfer market, getting rid of Hughes and Ince, and bringing in players like Davis, Huddlestone and Ledley, to give the squad a better balance, for myself Mr Rowett is a very BRAVE manager, long may it continue.

Archived