Money destroying competition - Wenger

ViewsFromTheMiddle

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Planning and recruitment is so poor in this country that any team who gets their **** together should bridge the gap. That doesn’t just include the top six either.

That includes Arsenal, whose problems have been evident for years. 

Plan and recruit well with the Premier League money and we could see another Leicester.

3 hours ago, cannable said:

Planning and recruitment is so poor in this country that any team who gets their **** together should bridge the gap. That doesn’t just include the top six either.

That includes Arsenal, whose problems have been evident for years. 

Plan and recruit well with the Premier League money and we could see another Leicester.

For this to happen, the whole league had to want it to happen.

Its also why FFP cannot work if its put to a vote by the clubs, because there will always be a percentage unwilling to abide by the laws.

The leagues, the authorites have to put some proper rules in.. if they want i to happen.. but i dont think they even care.

The arsenal article says "Manchester City were accused of 'financial doping' by La Liga president Javier Tebas, who also said PSG were "laughing at the system" with their summer buys."

laughing at the system because there is no system.

I honestly think most fans couldnt give a crap about having the best league with the best players in the world.

What they want is good compeition, and passion from the fans and players alike. Players who can relate to the clubs and feel a connection, and perhaps even a better national team as a result. The money + foreign ownership has killed the game. Theres no other way of looking at it. There is quite literally no sense of duty to develop home grown talent amoungst owners if winning is the be all and end all, and the money that goes with winning is all you care about.

i don't get the hostility towards Wenger for speaking the truth.  Money is ruining football and it needs saying and repeating however obvious it is, because nothing is being done about it.  Good for him, hope more speak out

12 minutes ago, ramit said:

i don't get the hostility towards Wenger for speaking the truth.  Money is ruining football and it needs saying and repeating however obvious it is, because nothing is being done about it.  Good for him, hope more speak out

Spot on. 

Wenger has previously shown a reluctance to spend big. If he refused to spend now he would be sacked. 

40 minutes ago, ramit said:

Agreed. Even if Arsenal have been complicit to a degree they’ve got to keep up with the Jones’ and I don’t think anyone could seriously say Arsenal are responsible for the current state of affairs.

Its all relative at the end of the day. Does Gary Rowett get to complain about the money in football? I’d say so. Would that then necessitate accusations of hypocrisy by fans of League 1 and 2 clubs? 

Lets not forget which manager started the trent do buy players from every african nation and french colony going, because they were cheaper than buying british.

Getting Klinsmann and veron into the EPl was one thing to help improve it, buying 2 squads worth of average foriegeners,,.,it was you who started this horrible game Mr Wenger

On 04/02/2018 at 10:32, ramit said:

true.... sadly its too late now... i can only hope somewho that some other league somewhere can outspend the EPL.

beause there is no chance the FA, clubs, or fans have the will to change it.

As much as i would love a promotion.. playng, and trying to compete in the current premier league doesnt excite me one bit.

Archived