Anya

jono

With BJ's injury I wonder if it might give him a chance to at least get to the bench ?

in terms of attitude I felt he might get somewhere with GR. He is by all accounts a proper pro. Yes in a sense a utility player without a serious 10 in any area but he is very willing, has a good touch and a turn of speed. Maybe not a starter in our current tactical set up and not a BJ replacement because the physical side isn't there, but a worthwhile option ? 

Thoughts anyone ?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think we will see Anya for the first team again unfortunately due to his alleged contract clause(another master stroke by Pearson) Shame because Anya's a good guy and would easily fit into this team if given a chance. I think it's more likely that the likes of Hanson will be put on the bench.

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I don't think we will see Anya for the first team again unfortunately due to his alleged contract clause(another master stroke by Pearson) Shame because Anya's a good guy and would easily fit into this team if given a chance. I think it's more likely that the likes of Hanson will be put on the bench.

What contract clause is this? I'm genuinely curious.

Does it involve further payments to Watford based on appearances?

Just what I've seen from Rams matches and Scotland, he seems just too lightweight to make the first team at Derby.

Seems a decent fella but maybe too nice to be really successful - perhaps lacks an edge. Doesn't thrive on the physical challenge. So a bit of a soft touch for the opposition.

Been unlucky with changes in manager and style which were not of his making. Probably best for him and us if he moves on, but we thank him for his efforts and hopes he does well in the future.

9 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Fiduciary. Duty.

21 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

Just what I've seen from Rams matches and Scotland, he seems just too lightweight to make the first team at Derby.

Seems a decent fella but maybe too nice to be really successful - perhaps lacks an edge. Doesn't thrive on the physical challenge. So a bit of a soft touch for the opposition.

Been unlucky with changes in manager and style which were not of his making. Probably best for him and us if he moves on, but we thank him for his efforts and hopes he does well in the future.

He had a few niggle injuries whilst being here as well. I hope he gets a move that works out for him because there is a useful player in him but it seems the situation has done for him. 

One of those moves that doesn't work out, although the notion that he's not anywhere near the team because of contract issues (we pay Watford a big lump if he appears for us again) would be totally soul destroying if true (i checked his twitter and there no details but he's thanked PFA and mentioned lawyers so there is something more going on than he's just not going to make the team).

Rowett let Weimann become a much better player than i ever imagined he was likely to be after his first year at the club. my apologies but thought Ramage called it well when he said he's a "pigeon casher".... because he did just used to bolt about loking pretty keen but pretty useless also. he's played some blinders this season. fair play to him. can't see why Anya couldnt do the same, he's got a great bit of control, he's tricky, versatile, be nice to know from the club what the actual deal is because it seems snide not to let him be involved in anything. bobbing off for scotland once in a while, completely blanked out over here. why? he's always looked like there was more to come. hard working but cheeky winger. i wish we'd seen more of him. he'd be good on the counter

30 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Rowett let Weimann become a much better player than i ever imagined he was likely to be after his first year at the club. my apologies but thought Ramage called it well when he said he's a "pigeon casher".... because he did just used to bolt about loking pretty keen but pretty keen

That’s basically all he is now, just with Baird and Huddlestone getting him in behind 

38 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Rowett let Weimann become a much better player than i ever imagined he was likely to be after his first year at the club. my apologies but thought Ramage called it well when he said he's a "pigeon casher".... because 

.......pigeon catcher. 

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

.......pigeon catcher. 

aye thats the one. 

1 hour ago, cannable said:

That’s basically all he is now, just with Baird and Huddlestone getting him in behind 

awww, come on, he's not a scatty as he was. is touch is much better and he still looks short of confidence. He puts alot into it. Earnt his place currently against a few odds. but been given the chance. Which Anya hasnt. be nice of the club to mention it.  

4 hours ago, jono said:

With BJ's injury I wonder if it might give him a chance to at least get to the bench ?

in terms of attitude I felt he might get somewhere with GR. He is by all accounts a proper pro. Yes in a sense a utility player without a serious 10 in any area but he is very willing, has a good touch and a turn of speed. Maybe not a starter in our current tactical set up and not a BJ replacement because the physical side isn't there, but a worthwhile option ? 

Thoughts anyone ?

I used to date a lass called Anya. She was a proper pro.

Shows how much the team has developed ,that he is not considered good enough by many to warrant a place.Think we should cash in given the oppurtunity as I am sure he would do well else where. Cant fault him for his commitment and professionalism and wish him well.

Every time I see Weimann play, he just seems to be running around as fast as he can, not really having any impact on the game, and either falling over or giving the ball away when he is in possession.

Seen a lot of people say a lot of good things about him this season. Have I just been watching the wrong games? Has anyone got a game that comes to mind that I could watch where he had a really stand out performance?

Archived