Next game Vital

Dethorn

5 hours ago, jagerbob said:

3) wont happen. Im not saying we wont lose against birmingham. Im saying even if we have a bad run with some defeats and a string of games with no win, i still feel we will pick up again with the squad we have. I dont see us missing out on the playoffs and collapsing quite like Mcclaren did in 2015. For a start if the goals dry up a bit, we actually know how to defend with this team. The heads arent going to drop in the same way.

I think we set club defensive records and scored over 80 goals that season. But you'll probably have been told that from the last time you posted this sort of thing

2 hours ago, jagerbob said:

we wont loose that many to injury, and we have better options. To put it in perspective. for our top of the league table to finish 7th (and that was only on the final day), we showed bottom 3 form the last third of the season. That season there was no replacement for martin. Bent wasnt the same. McClaren didnt change the team style enough with ince and bent in the team.

I still say there is 0 chance we wont finish top 6.

If that many got injured then Rowett would be facing the sort of injury crisis Mac had. That's the point. We did suffer that many injuries. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
14 minutes ago, Whoneedshuls said:

This game isn't most vital I'm confident in the lads to go away and get a result against Birmingham for me the " vital " game is the week after on the 19th live on tv against Bristol city now that is a big game...

agreed Brizzle is a big game, but we do need to win games like the brum game. Hopefully we will have a stronger team and better performance than agaisnt sheff u.  

Next game is vital, times 19.

Wolves game is not vital, if we lose, then so be it.

Vital not to lose against Bristol City, Cardiff , Leeds and Aston Villa. We can afford to draw all these games. They have to play each other so that is as good as points to us.

If we had lost to Villa we would have 46 points and they would have 47 points. Just do not losing against main rivales is the easy way to get automatic promotion.

That is why Rowett said he would have settled for a draw against Sheff Utd the day before the game!

I see this game as vital, if we lose the games against the bottom 6, it's because we haven't

given them enough credit, and we can't be underestimating anyone at this stage. This is

obviously GRs main point, when he talks about humility, it's no good giving 110% against Villa

Boro etc, and then not putting in the effort for "easier games". If you look back, our downfall

has been losses to the bottom half, while not a sixpointer it's got to be up there, as it's the first

league match of the New Year, so would allow us to continue the same mindset.

15 hours ago, Whoneedshuls said:

This game isn't most vital I'm confident in the lads to go away and get a result against Birmingham for me the " vital " game is the week after on the 19th live on tv against Bristol city now that is a big game...

15 hours ago, DerbyRevolution said:

Agree with the OP

In 180 mins of football we could be 8 points above Bristol or 4 points behind them

Birmingham and Bristol season defining 

This is part of my point too really I would be far happier going into the Bristol game having not lost against Brum and going to Millwall having lost 2 would not be a cakewall.

Do not get me wrong I am not a wrist slasher, and I think I have the confidence that we can get something from Brum, but when I say Vital maybe what I really mean is perhaps there is a little more importance attached to this game than could appear at first glance.

Thanks though generally I feel buoyed by the positivity of this thread, although I worry about the 0% chance of us finishing outside the top 6 as being maybe too confident.

22 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

.... yeah, and then a great big hole opens up in the centre circle and swallows Vydra just as he is running on to  pick-perfect through ball from George Thorne. We'll never score again. And then, for the next away match, George the Derby County bus driver loses his licence and we can't travel to away games anymore, and get a points deduction for failure to field a team. It could happen, you know.

Wish I could have liked this twice :lol:

19 hours ago, DerbyRevolution said:

Agree with the OP

In 180 mins of football we could be 8 points above Bristol or 4 points behind them

Birmingham and Bristol season defining 

Early contender for 'Squeaky Bum Post of the Year, 2018' and in contention for the grand prize, 20 boxes of....

300x200_TCW_Absorbent-protector-sample-p

I've said in the last few match threads that every game from now on is a cup final. How badly do the players want this? How far are they prepared to go to stay ahead of the pack and start building a cushion? Imagine you're a Leeds or Villa player or fan and you take 7 points the next 3 games and you want to be buzzing, but when you look at the table and see that Derby won all 3 and the gap has grown and games are beginning to run out. That's the message we need to send to demoralize the chasing pack. That starts on Saturday. We want to be a relentless points winning machine from now until the end of the season, remorselessly covering the ground towards the point when the automatics are mathematically certain.

I want to say the game is vital and I want the players to embrace that pressure and relish it, rather than shrink when they feel it. No quarter asked, none given. And Birmingham is the game that Rowett, for obvious reasons, will be desperate to win. If the players believe in him as a manager then this is a great time to demonstrate that and a win would be fabulous for momentum and the feel good factor.

But of course our season won't be determined by this one result and at this stage the chances of not even making the playoffs are looking extremely remote. The very best odds you can get on Derby for a top 6 finish are 6 to 1 on, meaning you would have to bet £6 on it to get an extra £1! But I would say if we win the next 4 matches including this one then that will be the autos in the bag.

On 1/8/2018 at 13:13, Dethorn said:

I have a feeling the next game could be vital

On the face of it we should do Brum but....

They have found a little form recently, we are away, we are coming off the back of a defeat.

I have a bad feeling the January fall off could start here.

I would go so far as to predict (and I am not someone who predicts lightly)

1) we win and go on to the auto's

2) we draw and go on to finish comfortably in the playoffs

3) we lose and fall away narrowly missing the play offs in the last week or two

What do you guys think - please tell me I am worrying unecessarily ?

For sure its important. Aston Villa are getting strong, they will be a threat to our auto promotion. I feel it will be us or them for 2nd spot in the championship this season. 

On 08/01/2018 at 13:13, Dethorn said:

I have a feeling the next game could be vital

On the face of it we should do Brum but....

They have found a little form recently, we are away, we are coming off the back of a defeat.

I have a bad feeling the January fall off could start here.

I would go so far as to predict (and I am not someone who predicts lightly)

1) we win and go on to the auto's

2) we draw and go on to finish comfortably in the playoffs

3) we lose and fall away narrowly missing the play offs in the last week or two

What do you guys think - please tell me I am worrying unecessarily ?

Relax baby. We'll win by two goals.

On 09/01/2018 at 17:23, Carl Sagan said:

I've said in the last few match threads that every game from now on is a cup final. How badly do the players want this? How far are they prepared to go to stay ahead of the pack and start building a cushion? Imagine you're a Leeds or Villa player or fan and you take 7 points the next 3 games and you want to be buzzing, but when you look at the table and see that Derby won all 3 and the gap has grown and games are beginning to run out. That's the message we need to send to demoralize the chasing pack. That starts on Saturday. We want to be a relentless points winning machine from now until the end of the season, remorselessly covering the ground towards the point when the automatics are mathematically certain.

I want to say the game is vital and I want the players to embrace that pressure and relish it, rather than shrink when they feel it. No quarter asked, none given. And Birmingham is the game that Rowett, for obvious reasons, will be desperate to win. If the players believe in him as a manager then this is a great time to demonstrate that and a win would be fabulous for momentum and the feel good factor.

But of course our season won't be determined by this one result and at this stage the chances of not even making the playoffs are looking extremely remote. The very best odds you can get on Derby for a top 6 finish are 6 to 1 on, meaning you would have to bet £6 on it to get an extra £1! But I would say if we win the next 4 matches including this one then that will be the autos in the bag.

Great post. Lose this and it will be meltdown.

Yet lose this and beat Bristol City next week and everyone will forget about Birmingham.

I think the mentality you suggest is exactly right. "A relentless point winning machine". Love it.

It's important like every game because there are potentially 3 points to win. It's away from home so a point wouldn't be a disaster but technically vital ?right now ? No.

Mind you I come from the school that wants to see a 100% win record and at the start of each game my mind set is based on the belief that we have a better than even chance of winning (unless is cup games against top 10 Prem outfits) sure that can change during a game but it's is about attitude. Taking that attitude on the the pitch that is the vital bit ! 

What a rambling incoherent  post .. Sorry too much grape juice :blink: but you know what I mean COYR 

1 hour ago, taff said:

Each & every game is potentially your last! Trust me I know;)

But, sometimes you loose a run of games & stay in the mix;)

We'll be fine boys - OH WHEN THE RAMS, GO MARCHING IN...

1 hour ago, taff said:

Might be worth a punt though;)

image.thumb.png.c0973c595ddbac7e72b4a8aed8316c83.png

1 hour ago, taff said:

remember: your 1 **** game away from the playoffs

We appear to have a rogue Cardiff fan on our forum.  He's not one of yours is he @valleyram?

Archived