Ipswich Town F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Well....yes.....but McCarthy manages to get one of his players to score from one every single game

Yeah, theor entire game plan is built around it, ours isn't.

Wasn't Lawrence also a player McCarthy raved about and had taking all his set-pieces last season? Suggests that it's maybe not Lawrence that's the issue, more that our organisation when it come stop attacking set-pieces isn't at that level.

4 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Big time, not that I've done anything wrong. Apparently putting Derby County at the top of my priority list (below studying) is stupid. They can **** themselves. Considered saying "**** it" and going anyway but they said my "life would be hell" if I did.

Get yourself down the offie, bottle of vodka and neck it in your room. I'll check back in an hour for your match report.

Just now, Leicester Ram said:

Yeah, theor entire game plan is built around it, ours isn't.

Wasn't Lawrence also a player McCarthy raved about and had taking all his set-pieces last season? Suggests that it's maybe not Lawrence that's the issue, more that our organisation when it come stop attacking set-pieces isn't at that level.

Yeah that was the basis around the comment, he’s obviously got the ability (his early corners in the 5-0 against Hull when he had only just joined were spectacular) so maybe there’s a way to get that out? Not that it’s that important mind, if Winnall keeps banging them in like that second goal we’re in business!

Hopefully come the end of the season we'll look back on today and think 'that was a huge Saturday'. Leeds & Sheff Utd losing is a massive bonus and then Forest helping to make it a hatrick of wins for the bottom 3 - bad news for Burton I fear.

Wendies fans must be going ballistic every time Winnall scores - like a dagger to the heart (thank you Mr Carvahal).

Archived