Boro sack Monk/Hire Pulis

Day

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

Pulis 2/7 favourite on Skybet not that I’m going to have a punt, I don’t like Tibet.:ph34r:

Only because you don't like Toulouse.

Expect Gestede to feature more regularly or them now.

I don't see them suddenly becoming this powerhouse though. Pulis is a master of getting his teams in survival mode, stopping the opposition from playing and grinding out wins.

But there is a difference between doing that and setting up your team to win matches. To gain promotion from the Championship you have to win matches. Does Pulis have that in his locker?

His Stoke side got promoted on around 79 points or something stupid. Different ball gme these days.

7 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Wonder what our Middlesbrough visitors think of this appointment? 

Have we heard owt from @ipad1977?

Got the window to find a big lad to lump it up to :thumbsup:

Glad to have Monk out. We spent over £50 million this summer, £30 million on strikers and yet we've scored less goals this season than in both of our championship seasons under Karanka's defence focused football. We didn't develop a style of play under Monk and we only won 2 more games than we lost. It wasn't the results but the way we couldn't perform or beat any halfway decent team.

Pulis is basically just Karanka again, but with the ability to actually keep us up. He'll have fun with Ayala, Gibson, Friend, Leadbitter and Clayton kicking the **** out of anything that moves and Gestede and Assombalonga winning stuff in the air. The realistic target has to be playoffs but a 9 point deficit  from Cardiff in 22 games isn't insurmountable.

Archived