January Sales

Poynton ram

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tut, tut. Anyone in the "Sell Chris Martin" camp, give your head a wobble and report for re-education. :p

Awesome striker at this level and still has a part to play, as witnessed by the fact he seems to get 20-25 minutes every week.

Of the forwards, Benty can leave. Love the bloke but he's on too much money to be sat idle and he'll not get the chance to get match fit here now.

If it was as straight forward as just picking who we move on I think we'd sell (or already have sold):
Shackell
Anya
Bent
Roos
Olsson
Blackman
Butterfield
Rawson
Bryson.

But several of those we've already failed to drum up interest, and in may cases wages are putting buyers off, as it stands I can imagine Russell going (contract and the earlier falling out with GR) and maybe Olsson and/or Anya if the interest is there. The others I imagine will finish their loans or see out their contracts. More likely to see more of an overhaul in the summer when several contracts end.

You won't change my opinion of him ? I think he's not good enough. He gets caught out of position too often and gives the ball away. He's not that good one v one, the general opinion is he's an attacking full back but I'd argue Wisdom and Baird offer more going forward than him. 

Also let's rewind - Norwich game he get caught (even the commentary team labelled it has his fault), Reading he got caught out of position for the first two goals, Leeds in the build up it began with him giving the ball away then putting Ledley and Huddlestone under pressure. 

Not a fan sorry ? I did stress it's my own personal opinion and where I sit at PP it's the general opinion everyone else. I've seen worse players don't get me wrong, I just think if you're playing Derby I'd pinpoint our left side as a weakness. 

13 hours ago, Cool As Custard said:

I think Rowett will put Winnall in before Martin & looking at the glowing praise he’s given Nuge in todays DET he isn’t going to be dropping him any time soon.

He’ll also have Bent available come January so I don’t see him going in the market for another striker even if he sells Martin - he’d either wait until the summer or look at another loan if pushed.

I stand by my original view that if we get £5m offered for Martin GR will snap their hand off

So why didn't we sell him in the summer transfer window when Wolves came calling?

1 hour ago, rynny said:

So why didn't we sell him in the summer transfer window when Wolves came calling?

Come on Rynny where have you been. Everybody knows he had to get bought by Fulham first for them to sell him to wolves for a profit. That's genuine, I read it on here!! ?

We have an over abundance of strikers, so Bent, Zanzala, perhaps Martin could be free to go on the right deals. 

Think, if Lowe is fit, he could be loaned out. Looked brilliant last year. 

Anya, Shackell/Pearce seem to be frozen out. 

Then maybe look at loans for the kids. 

15 hours ago, Cool As Custard said:

Don’t think it would come to that!

Even so given the way we play now though I’d rather have Bent as my one fit striker than Martin

Bent in my view is past it. He and Martin are the worst strikers in a fast attacking team ... the two most immobile players in Britain? Peeps forget the constant offsides? Totally unnecessary to keep. So Sell and Sell.  If you want hold up promote Zanzala if you want an extra poacher get Winnall. We’ve already got a promotion calibre striking partnership haven’t we.

Bent, could go if another club wants him (on a free)

Anya _ to expensive to keep around but who would want him? 

shackell _ again unlikely to feature 

all the others would depend on how high the price would be and could they be replaced with what we have or what we could get if it improves us.

It’s not rocket science folks. GR has been consistent about selling in Jan and judging by how he let hughesy go:

if we get non insulting Jan offers for ANY player not currently in the starting 11 - they’ll be gone. It’s that simple.

7 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Bent, could go if another club wants him (on a free)

Anya _ to expensive to keep around but who would want him? 

shackell _ again unlikely to feature 

all the others would depend on how high the price would be and could they be replaced with what we have or what we could get if it improves us.

Sparkle Anya going to Rangers done deal can't say anymore 

On 26/11/2017 at 20:23, jagerbob said:

Shacks is happy sitting out his contract, so he can try get an MLS move in the summer to keep his mrs happy.
I dont think we are looking to buy anyone, other than nail down Ledley in january.

Rowetts priorty is still getting people out, so that we have a smaller squad of veteren professionals, and we have good options in the U23s to make sub bench occasionally.

To be fair, the MLS season starts in March so if he was open to a move over there, it could very well be done in January and not have to wait until the summer.

I recall Jonathan Spector playing for Birmingham against us at the back end of December last year and he then went on to join Orlando a month or so later ahead of their season staring in March.

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

Bent in my view is past it. He and Martin are the worst strikers in a fast attacking team ... the two most immobile players in Britain? Peeps forget the constant offsides? Totally unnecessary to keep. So Sell and Sell.  If you want hold up promote Zanzala if you want an extra poacher get Winnall. We’ve already got a promotion calibre striking partnership haven’t we.

Ninos, Ninos, Ninos

Will you ever learn a lesson?

It was proved to you last year that Bent isn't constantly offside, he wasn't even in the top 20 players in the division for offsides.

It's almost like you have irrational dislikes of certain players that makes you completely ignore facts to suit your agenda?

43 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Ninos, Ninos, Ninos

Will you ever learn a lesson?

It was proved to you last year that Bent isn't constantly offside, he wasn't even in the top 20 players in the division for offsides.

It's almost like you have irrational dislikes of certain players that makes you completely ignore facts to suit your agenda?

I get the feeling that some time ago, Martin & Bent snubbed his advances for an autograph/selfie.  being disappointed with your heroes can leave you bitter & twisted.  The same thing happened me when Simon Pegg called me a p**** on Twitter.  I let it slide though, cus it was a pretty accurate description...

Archived