Best Debut

Bob Gnarly

Frank Sheridan? A midfielder who came through the academy and scored two goals against QPR on debut (in a 3-3 draw).

I think I remember Ramage's debut (I mean Craig rather than Alan) and thinking he looked really cultured, but my fellow popsiders were lambasting him throughout for passing with the outside of his foot ("what's that about?"). Maybe Rams fans have always moaned.

We had an amazing youth team captain who burst onto the scene and looked absolutely brilliant, as if he might single-handedly restore the glory days that we'd not long lefft behind (at that point). Think his name was Tony Reid? Or was that someone else?

But I can't deny Wanchope's was amazing!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

Frank Sheridan? A midfielder who came through the academy and scored two goals against QPR on debut (in a 3-3 draw).

I think I remember Ramage's debut (I mean Craig rather than Alan) and thinking he looked really cultured, but my fellow popsiders were lambasting him throughout for passing with the outside of his foot ("what's that about?"). Maybe Rams fans have always moaned.

We had an amazing youth team captain who burst onto the scene and looked absolutely brilliant, as if he might single-handedly restore the glory days that we'd not long lefft behind (at that point). Think his name was Tony Reid? Or was that someone else?

But I can't deny Wanchope's was amazing!

Yeah I remember thinking Ramage looked a bit of a fancy un but I liked it. Scored some goals early on and looked like he could be a top division player. Shame his intro was the same time as one of Derby's slumps. (Craig, if you're reading, I don't blame you ;) well not for all of it...).

His rep will always be sky high as he scored a goal v notts when we beat em at the bbg for the first time in the league for ruddy yonks. Him and Deano - if only we could've kept em together. A good no9 and no10 with great experience and talent between em.

No matter what happened from that day since, owd Ramage is a Rams fan and has that in his bank.

I'd settle for less.

...and do.

Steve Mcclaren. Couldn't wait to get started after he'd watched 45 mins of a shower of s***. Stormed into the dressing room starkbollock naked, dragged Wassall out the stadium, told the players there was a new sheriff in town and turned 0-4 into 5-4 with a flick of his golden tuft. Incredible scenes.

1 hour ago, Parsnip said:

Steve Mcclaren. Couldn't wait to get started after he'd watched 45 mins of a shower of s***. Stormed into the dressing room starkbollock naked, dragged Wassall out the stadium, told the players there was a new sheriff in town and turned 0-4 into 5-4 with a flick of his golden tuft. Incredible scenes.

Scenes so incredible that you imaged we scored another goal.....

Archived