Derby County v QPR match day thread.

B4ev6is

12 minutes ago, dabber said:

I am with a lot of others on here and just want to enjoy watching some football that doesn't bore me to death. It won't happen, but I would go with the three centre back trend and try and get a bit more creativity and attacking threat beyond Keogh's surges and Huddlestone's long balls.

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Forsyth

Anya Thorne Ledley Lowe

Lawrence Martin Vydra

Never happen, but might look like football again?

That’s very close to what I’d ideally like to see, Davies not Forsyth mind.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Can anyone tell me exactly what they have seen from Flabby George Thorne that means he should start?

He would be wheezing like a Bull Mastiff in a hot Mazda within ten minutes.

He won’t start this side of Christmas.

He’s twice the player Huddlestone is. 

Well,I've got tickets for tomorrow and had a afternoon shift off work so that's a triumph of optimism over experience...

Seriously though,we can't play any worse than we did against reading or indeed Fulham so I'm hoping that GR will learn from those experiences and change things up to provide some fluidity and dynamism in our play.

However I expect he will probably won't,i know and we will see the same again but hey ho,you still have to do these things.

COYR....

We all remmber the play offs against brighton how we all felt when we beat them and southamption when we never expected it. We all up for fight to get our lads to wrembly well maybe we need recreate that backing again. We all need get on feet cheer our lads. Lets get there hairs standing on there necks who is with me.

Lets lead our lads to glory. Lets make our lads believe.

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

On another note.........Where is Eddie? Hope he's ok!

Seemed to have become a little disillusioned with things the last time he posted,which I found a bit odd considering all the phases of Derby County we would have both seen.Mind you,for my part I did say a few weeks ago that I was starting to look forward to u23 games more than first team games,and the last U23 offering has just reinforced this -we need a good thumping of QPR to redress the balance.

I started out thinking 2 or 3 might make it to the first team,and I've already upgraded that to several having at least a reasonable chance.Hate singling lads out but in the earlier games the ball kept bouncing off Zanzala,and I wondered if the long lay off was the culprit.He certainly looked a handfull v WHU and if he continues in that vein,he may well have a bright future-hope so,because he seems a nice lad to boot.Won't mention others.. by name but it seems to me that there are several bright prospects.As long as their pathways to the first team are clear,then I can see Mel's plan being vindicated,and the fostering of a thriving Academy may prove to be his finest hour.

It's very hard to bring 3 through at the same time,as United once managed,but if some of these lads continue to improve,then there's at least the possibility that we could replicate this.I remember Giggs Scholes and Beckham saying it helped that they knew each others games.

Not sure I like this idea that pitching in a youngster might cost us games,because if you look back over the seasons senior players have cost games.Throwing in Pete Daniel at CH didn't cost us games,neither did switching David Langan from midfield reserve to first team RB -another revelation.

I've said before that this reminds me of the biblical 'no man may serve two masters',which has remained relevant throughout the ages.Do we serve the master of winning games,or that of trying to introduce promising youngsters,and of course the second master doesn't rule out the requirement of the first. No,I'm not getting carried away by one performance,but the improvements (with the odd blip,not unnaturally) over a few games were there for all to see (and all this without the 2 lads at Swindon).

4 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

On another note.........Where is Eddie? Hope he's ok!

I think his employment situation became a bit unstable and he's possibly going through a difficult time.

priorities may have changed.

15 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I think his employment situation became a bit unstable and he's possibly going through a difficult time.

priorities may have changed.

Think I saw him post that he'd retired but that owing to the way dcfc grant concessionary rates for season tickets he was giving it a miss this season on cost grounds. 

Was posting about cricket in the summer. 

Archived