Derby County v QPR match day thread.

B4ev6is

7 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

He will play exactly the same team as Saturday other than Johnson if he's still injured.

Guaranteed,no matter what he says between today and kick off.

If there's one thing I've learnt during Rowett's tenure, it's that he says things should improve and then put's out exactly the same side as before. 

The only replacement will be Russell/Weimann for Johnson.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, archied said:

Why the obsession with playing an under 23 , and not an under 23 who is making it very very hard to not give him a chance ,,any under 23 just for the sake of it being an under 23 ? We have a team that are putting results together and creeping up the table but you want to throw in an experimental under 23 for no reason ? Madness ,total madness and it's worth remembering that it's rowett job to get results and keep a largish squad of first team players motivated for a long season ,,,,,

Hardly experimental let's face it anyone on the left is better than another failure from Weiman or Russell

1 hour ago, Stripperg-ram said:

Anyone know why George wasn’t in the squad for Fulham? 

I think we can try Martin up front and Ledley with Thorne in the midfield 2.....

That would hopefully give us a bt more cohesion, allowing us to attach more..

He wasn't in the squad because he played for the U23 on Friday night  Having watch that match on ramsplayer GT is nowhere near fit enough to start for the first team he looks slow ponderous and slightly overweight but its to be expected 

2 hours ago, singaporeram said:

Luke Thomas is making it hard not to give him a chance. With Tom L and Bradders both not fully fit, Russell and Weimann being Russell and Weimann....I'd hope he'd at least make the bench.....

Maybe also a rotation of Martin/Winnall in place of Nuge after he played the full 90 on Saturday night. 

Carson

Forsyth   Keogh Davies Wisdom 

Ledley            Big Tom 

Young Thomas               Little Tom 

Vydra 

Martin 

subs Mitchell, Lowe, Pearce, Thorne, Johnson, Russell/Weimann,Winnall/Martin

Now there's a post that's worth taking notice of in terms of under 23 s , names one , explains that he is close to forcing his way in ( good enough in your opinion) , not just let's put an under 23 in 

42 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

He wasn't in the squad because he played for the U23 on Friday night  Having watch that match on ramsplayer GT is nowhere near fit enough to start for the first team he looks slow ponderous and slightly overweight but its to be expected 

Thanks for update ,, if that's the case and I have no reason to doubt you then he shouldn't be anywhere near the first team until he is properly fit for under 23 games at the very least

As most of you know, I have a bit of an issue with QPR. So just for tomorrow, I don't give a toss how boring it is, how much Tom H runs about, how dodgy the team selection is.. Just beat these mugs..

Please Gary, grown man begging here, I have to work with these muppets and to look at their smug little boat races on Weds will be too much if they win.

1-0 will do... Off Fozzy's arse, happy days. Even better a Lawrence obvious (the more obvious the better), dive for a penalty.. 

I will even post something positive about Uncle Mel if we win.. :o

Where's @DEL indeed? The curse of changing the matchday thread is far more threatening than that of Manager of the Month, but one of the mods must have renamed B4's post. Still, B4 is our leader!

I would play Martin and Vydra. We know that's not something Rowett would ever consider.

I would play Thorne. He will never get fit in the U23s. Someone on here said he looked slow and ponderous the other night against West Ham. Well, so do Tom and Ledley but it doesn't stop Rowett picking them. The difference is that Thorne might get much, much better if he can have a run of games. The sort of "better" that can turn a team of also-rans into promotion chasers. It's got to be worth trying.

Would love Thomas on the bench again after his great season so far, bit I think we have too many senior pros vying for a place, and not enough space.

6 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Where's @DEL indeed? The curse of changing the matchday thread is far more threatening than that of Manager of the Month, but one of the mods must have renamed B4's post. Still, B4 is our leader!

I would play Martin and Vydra. We know that's not something Rowett would ever consider.

I would play Thorne. He will never get fit in the U23s. Someone on here said he looked slow and ponderous the other night against West Ham. Well, so do Tom and Ledley but it doesn't stop Rowett picking them. The difference is that Thorne might get much, much better if he can have a run of games. The sort of "better" that can turn a team of also-rans into promotion chasers. It's got to be worth trying.

Would love Thomas on the bench again after his great season so far, bit I think we have too many senior pros vying for a place, and not enough space.

It’s okay we can all blame B4.. 

I am with a lot of others on here and just want to enjoy watching some football that doesn't bore me to death. It won't happen, but I would go with the three centre back trend and try and get a bit more creativity and attacking threat beyond Keogh's surges and Huddlestone's long balls.

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Forsyth

Anya Thorne Ledley Lowe

Lawrence Martin Vydra

Never happen, but might look like football again?

Archived