Rowett keen to extend Ledley stay

Day

After Saturday I can see why, his presence seems to help hold us together a bit.

Question is how long for? Sensible option would be 1 and a half years but Im guessing he'll work his arse off trying to get into Wales' 2018 world cup qualifiers and I'd genuinely look at a 2 and a half year deal. If we're not promoted it's safe to say he'll try and get us up, and if we get up we arguably need him even more.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

With regards to strikers I think we have plenty of quality for this level. I'm presuming you mean wide men and if so I concur. 

3 hours ago, 86 points said:

Cheer up my old root veg - Chrissy Martin's found his shooting boots and Vyds, Nuge and Angry Sam ain't too shabby either :thumbsup:

Yeah i'm referring to that line of 3 in front of our world class DM partnership. I'd like to see more competition for these places. Especially as it looks like GR is reluctant to change the formation regardless of player availability.

I would prefer a younger, more mobile CDM but I can't deny he's a decent player. Hopefully him and Thorne will look better than him and Huddlestone does.

I think signing up Ledley long term chucks Huddlestone under the bus though, who have we got to partner him in midfield? None of our other DM's compliment him, he's a premier league class player and we're not getting the most out of him right now.

On 10/11/2017 at 18:01, PodgeyRam said:

If we sign him then we won't have the money to sign Kieftenfeld who I'm led to believe is far more mobile and get's around the pitch more.

Can't have both, so we'll have to pick one.

Kieftenbeld out of contract in June, can see us trying to bring him in on a free then to replace either Ledley or Thorne if they are released/leave.

Archived